i need to go seal with my sx15... any ideas on how many cubes to use???

i know it isn't a good idea to seal up this woofer, but i have made up my mind, just need soem ideas on how many cubes to use...

Thanks a lot!

~Kris

i had one of my SX15s inverted in a 1.58 cube sealed box for a few weeks off of a Tsunami 1800T at 4 ohms (rated at 900w) but the gain was fairly conservative

it didnt get as loud as when i had it in a ported box (obviously) but it was still enough to shake the Impala, and it hit tight and clean, my main problem with the set up was lack of lowend, it was noticeably really lacking, this could be from the lack of power or from the size of the box

how many watts are you going to run?

Tom, I think 900 is plenty to get a good bottom end, if not that would be strange

sxsq0dq.gif

Tom, I think 900 is plenty to get a good bottom end, if not that would be strange

thats the thing, i had the gain pretty low (never got around to doing the proper method :Doh: ) so i'd guess it was closer to 600-700 and then theres the Imp rise...

IMO, 3 cubes is way too big, especially with 1200w-1300w

i would either do a 2 cube box and put in slugs to drop it down to where you want it or just a 1.75 cube box

thats the thing, i had the gain pretty low (never got around to doing the proper method :Doh: ) so i'd guess it was closer to 600-700 and then theres the Imp rise...

i would either do a 2 cube box and put in slugs to drop it down to where you want it or just a 1.75 cube box

your not the first person to mention a weak spot in SX's bottom end, which is not bad for a SPL focused sub

your not the first person to mention a weak spot in SX's bottom end, which is not bad for a SPL focused sub

ya, i've heard of that before

in my 3.4 to 34 ported box, it wasnt lacking low-end but it wasnt a low-end monster either

i think i slightly larger sealed box (and more power in my case) would've helped to gain a little more low-end extention because it was severely lacking in my setup

afterreading the reviews of the sx..going sealed...i'd do 2ft^3 with some polyfill.....i think any smaller and ur going to be kicking urself...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The SX seealed sounds good. my 18's where sealed for a min. alot of low low end.

The SX seealed sounds good. my 18's where sealed for a min. alot of low low end.

i'll do a 1.75 cube box and let you guys know how it sounds... thanks for the help...

~Kris

take some pix

i'll do a 1.75 cube box and let you guys know how it sounds... thanks for the help...

~Kris

take some pix

i will depending on how it looks.. i'm pretty upset right now... my blade took a chit so i'm left with a fudgeed up cut and a need to get to the hardware store...

~Kris

take some pix

i will depending on how it looks.. i'm pretty upset right now... my blade took a chit so i'm left with a fudgeed up cut and a need to get to the hardware store...

here's some pics, don't be too harsh

wholebox9ni.jpg

topangle6vt.jpg

Not bad for a busted blade

P.S

The sub is upside down ;)

Hahaha, took me a while to figure that out too

Not bad for a busted blade

P.S

The sub is upside down ;)

normally when i show it off i flip it the other way towards the front, so the sub is the right way when i show ppl :P i couldn't get a good pic of it from inside the cabin so i had to flip it the other way