dkish5

18BTL in Tranny Line

As shown here...

100_0281.jpg

I've been running this off of AudioQue's 2200D for about a year now and i know BTL's can handle more than 2k.

I've heard that Transmission lines reduce what the sub can handle of some sort? I've been looking at the new 3500.1D from AudioQue but I've had other people tell me it will blow my BTL in a T-line. So if anyone knows either or not i can put the 3500.1D on it let me know. Much appreciated.

-D.Kish

Do you drive a school bus?

Basically lol. You know how those GM XL's are guy lol

Edited by dkish

I still dont think you can fit a T Line with an 18 in it.

It would be shipping container huge. lol

Get another 18, but dont let someone talk you into that tline bs. I doubt you would hear much difference just adding more power. Some.

Some people push that amount of power to an 18inch BTL but.. is it really worth the risk?

I know that t-line was worth it. I've heard BTL's in straight ports with the same 2200D amp, doesn't compare. If i was to get another BTL, would i have it walled off or just do a standard box, or what.

All depends on how much space you have.. 18inch BTLs take A LOT of room up!

I have a shit ton of room. I fit that T-line with more than a foot to spare from gate to box, plus i had it under the rear windshield. I don't know the exact measurements, but i can find those out when i head home this weekend. Dont like having my car down at my university, too many people ganking subs around here.

I have a shit ton of room. I fit that T-line with more than a foot to spare from gate to box, plus i had it under the rear windshield. I don't know the exact measurements, but i can find those out when i head home this weekend. Dont like having my car down at my university, too many people ganking subs around here.

You need 10-20cuft if you fit that in a slot ported reg. box then i say go for it!!! Walls are fun and crazy but a SHIT ton of work and are made to not come out easy!

You need 10-20cuft if you fit that in a slot ported reg. box then i say go for it!!! Walls are fun and crazy but a SHIT ton of work and are made to not come out easy!

I'll honestly end up going with a wall. I kind of want to step up from the 2200D though. Any suggestions? (dual 2 subs)

I'll honestly end up going with a wall. I kind of want to step up from the 2200D though. Any suggestions? (dual 2 subs)

With (2) dual 2ohm drivers you can either wire them down to 0.5ohms or 2ohms or... needless to say 8ohms. It'll most likely be a pain trying to find a "cheater amp" (stable at 0.5 homs) so.. you might have to look into kicker amps if you want a single amp. BUT however.. if you wanted to add another AQ2200 you could wire BTL-AQ & BTL-AQ.. i don't know how good you are on matching the gains though, you could buy a Maxx-Link for that issue.

With (2) dual 2ohm drivers you can either wire them down to 0.5ohms or 2ohms or... needless to say 8ohms. It'll most likely be a pain trying to find a "cheater amp" (stable at 0.5 homs) so.. you might have to look into kicker amps if you want a single amp. BUT however.. if you wanted to add another AQ2200 you could wire BTL-AQ & BTL-AQ.. i don't know how good you are on matching the gains though, you could buy a Maxx-Link for that issue.

Yeah i was thinking about doing another 2200 to each sub, and i'm friends with a lot of the guys at my local audio shop who could take care tuning and whatnot.

Yeah i was thinking about doing another 2200 to each sub, and i'm friends with a lot of the guys at my local audio shop who could take care tuning and whatnot.

Okay, good thing he is your friend.. cause otherwise i wouldn't suggest you to take it to a local shop.. some are really sketchy.

So, you are going with a wall? What kind of ride do you have? -- i missed that part. When will you be ordering the equipment?

Yeah my local shop actually sucks a little bit lol. They're just JL marketing whores who will push nothing but JL, and JL alone. Honestly until me and my buddy showed up with our BTLs, they've never seen anything past a 13w7. and even after hearing our shit they say a 13w7 could blow our balls off. and STILL try to sell us 1000/1, saying that they'll make our shit louder. Only reason i go to them is they do, really, really clean work, I just never purchase anything from them.

But yeah i suppose i will go with a wall. I'm definitely going to need help with the dimensions and whatnot. I have my buddy smitty who does quality work, who will most likely do the majority of the build with me. I could have my shop do it, but they'll run me around 700 dollars lol.

Yeah my local shop actually sucks a little bit lol. They're just JL marketing whores who will push nothing but JL, and JL alone. Honestly until me and my buddy showed up with our BTLs, they've never seen anything past a 13w7. and even after hearing our shit they say a 13w7 could blow our balls off. and STILL try to sell us 1000/1, saying that they'll make our shit louder. Only reason i go to them is they do, really, really clean work, I just never purchase anything from them.

But yeah i suppose i will go with a wall. I'm definitely going to need help with the dimensions and whatnot. I have my buddy smitty who does quality work, who will most likely do the majority of the build with me. I could have my shop do it, but they'll run me around 700 dollars lol.

Yeah... most local shops will lie to you just for the sale or to get you in the door. -- Major fail!

If you need help on designing the enclosure there is a company in my signature that is AMAZING at designing enclosures, shoot them an e-mail and i am positive they can help you.

They will provide you with a couple 3D models so you can see the enclosure inside and out and a cut-list to make it retardedly easy.

Just tell em i reffered ya ;)

Yeah... most local shops will lie to you just for the sale or to get you in the door. -- Major fail!

If you need help on designing the enclosure there is a company in my signature that is AMAZING at designing enclosures, shoot them an e-mail and i am positive they can help you.

They will provide you with a couple 3D models so you can see the enclosure inside and out and a cut-list to make it retardedly easy.

Awesome man, will do. Really appreciate it.

*just emailed them. mentioned you referred me lol

Edited by dkish

Awesome man, will do. Really appreciate it.

*just emailed them. mentioned you referred me lol

No problem man, glad i could help!

so your a female right? that is so awesome a chick that is a basshead and gonna wall off there truck.....do u have a sister? lol jk

so your a female right? that is so awesome a chick that is a basshead and gonna wall off there truck.....do u have a sister? lol jk

Maybe I missed something, but what makes you think dkish is a female? Every time somebody finds out theres a girl on the internet all the horndogs come running...

Go on SMD, look at my build log. im a fu cking dude.

Like i'm blown away right now, how the fuck did you think i was a chick? ahahahaahahah

Edited by dkish

:roflmao:

Did Dustin ever get back to you on the Design?

Yeah man, he got back prompt which is always a good sign. (been dealing with iraggi alt lately and dom took a month to get back to me when ive been waiting weeks for my alt) so always a nice change of pace lol

I just have to go to my house and take measurements. Pain in the ass not having my car here. Threw a Fi X in my girlfriends honda cause going from a 18" in a T line to some pioneer 6x9's is just not the best way to cope with no bump lol.

Im going to go with a wall for sure though. My buddy drew this up on google sketch.

0413001503.jpg

What the general concept will be. Then with a nice amp rack on the back with the batteries on the floor.

I'm still torn between going back to the AQ2200D to each sub, and trying something bigger. I'm talking to atomic trying to get some sort of deal on the AT-7000.1 because its going to be discontinued. But if i get the Atomic, im going to have to spend another grand on batts lol. Plus i'm not even sure if the 300a alt would be able to do that. :unsure:

Because i havent really done anything to my exterior besides demolding and my billet grille/air dam. So i mean i could get a pair of shoes for her and maybe some new paint (speaking of paint, bangingmc two thumbs up for your paint job) lol.

:roflmao:

Did Dustin ever get back to you on the Design?

Yeah man, he got back prompt which is always a good sign. (been dealing with iraggi alt lately and dom took a month to get back to me when ive been waiting weeks for my alt) so always a nice change of pace lol

I just have to go to my house and take measurements. Pain in the ass not having my car here. Threw a Fi X in my girlfriends honda cause going from a 18" in a T line to some pioneer 6x9's is just not the best way to cope with no bump lol.

Im going to go with a wall for sure though. My buddy drew this up on google sketch.

0413001503.jpg

What the general concept will be. Then with a nice amp rack on the back with the batteries on the floor.

I'm still torn between going back to the AQ2200D to each sub, and trying something bigger. I'm talking to atomic trying to get some sort of deal on the AT-7000.1 because its going to be discontinued. But if i get the Atomic, im going to have to spend another grand on batts lol. Plus i'm not even sure if the 300a alt would be able to do that. :unsure:

Because i havent really done anything to my exterior besides demolding and my billet grille/air dam. So i mean i could get a pair of shoes for her and maybe some new paint (speaking of paint, bangingmc two thumbs up for your paint job) lol.

Yeah, i've heard that about about iraggi.. :ehh: But it's good that Dustin replied fast, he usually does ;) I know what you mean about going from 140+ db's to 0.. shit sucks, music just isn't the same.

:suicide-santa:

On the amp issue, if you can get a sub amp that can power both subs then do it! It bypasses the mess of gain matching. :D and discounts are always nice ;)

Shoes for the ride is ALWAYS a good thing! ;) and custom paint is always a nice thing to have as well :fing34:

What color is the truck now? -- didn't see any pictures. If it's white from the factory, i think pearl white always make the truck so bomb ;)

Thanks for the compliment!!