elastic

in search of a low end monster

hi

im just looking for a sub that can go really low while beeing very loud at the same time.

i considered either one 18 rl-p or 2 15 l7 as they cost about the same for me. space is ~ 10 cft.

You really didn't give enough information. Read noob guidlines before you post again.

:drink40:

Why on Earth are you grouping the rL-p and L7 together?

:No:

Honestly, the RL-p is a low end monster that does not need massive ported enclosures. But, please list more info.

Honestly, the RL-p is a low end monster that does not need massive ported enclosures. But, please list more info.

so is the l7 i was told.

i have 2 kw rms and 10 cft of space.

Model Solo-Baric L7 15

Size (IN.,CM) 15, 38.1

Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 DVC

Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 2000/1000

Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 89.4

Sound Quality 00.1%

Frequency Response (Hz) 18-100

Mounting Depth (IN.,CM) 8-11/16, 22.1

Mounting Cutout, Square (IN.,CM) 13-3/4, 34.9

Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 1.5, 42.5

Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 6.0, 169.9

Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 3.0, 85.0

Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 6.0, 169.9

I know some people hate elemental Design with a passion, but the 13Av.2 is a low end monster.

and the jbl wgti? i heard nothing but good things about it. once i heard 4 12 gtis and it was quite amazing how loud and low it was.

this is the gti manual:

http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/BoxesandParameters/W15GTi_rev_f.pdf

the bandpass design from jbl looks very interesting due to the low tuning. the curve shows a ~ 10 db gain over a sealed box on low freqs.

You gotta throw the xcon in the conversation. Its a low end maniac. Denim was just to classy to throw his own product in the mix so ill do it. lol

just out of curiosity, exactly what you trying to get out of this system. low end sq? high dbs at low frequiencies? everyday use?

basicly high dbs at low frequencies (~30 hz-)

and i was told 2 15 l7 would do the job very well in the given space (10 cft) and power (2 kw).

Edited by elastic

I (personally) would not run kicker for your purpose. sorry. The ssa subs would be better. I'd be willing to bet on it.

can you tell me the difference between audiopulse and tc sounds? both have an lms ultra driver.

You gotta throw the xcon in the conversation. Its a low end maniac. Denim was just to classy to throw his own product in the mix so ill do it. lol

:blush: :blush: :blush:

can you tell me the difference between audiopulse and tc sounds? both have an lms ultra driver.

Same company, same products for the most part. Audiopulse was supposed to be the dealer based brand I believe while TC Sounds was going through bankruptcy. Audiopulse has since been killed off I think, and TC Sounds is returning with overseas made versions of the same products.

You might consider the RE Audio XXX15 Free Air Resonance -Fs: 19.10 Hz or the RE Audio XXX18 Free Air Resonance -Fs: 15.60 Hz both of which you will never hear but you car will hate lol.

You might consider the RE Audio XXX15 Free Air Resonance -Fs: 19.10 Hz or the RE Audio XXX18 Free Air Resonance -Fs: 15.60 Hz both of which you will never hear but you car will hate lol.

That is called bowel moving lowend! trink40.gif

Oh yea, by the way, a single 13Av.2 in a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz can hit 136 dB on 1200 watts, so imagine what two could do with 2k watts of power.

Take a serious look at the SSA Xcon.

It may be what you're looking for !!!

But it's not only a low end monster, it's a monster from low end to 80 Hz !!!

Kicker L7 can really dig the lows, but I personnaly think they are not accurate at all doing it. I had several models of 15"L7 in sealed boxes. They were like struggling with the lows, but still loud.

The Xcon is on another level : a much better sq, but more expensive too.

You just need one xcon on your 2000 watts amp to smile like an happy baby for ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

Oh yea, by the way, a single 13Av.2 in a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz can hit 136 dB on 1200 watts, so imagine what two could do with 2k watts of power.

playing what tone? he wants low end, so that doesnt matter much if its playing at 45 hertz

Kicker L7 can really dig the lows, but I personnaly think they are not accurate at all doing it. I had several models of 15"L7 in sealed boxes. They were like struggling with the lows, but still loud.

you should know im still student and cant afford the big boys like the xxx yet. this will come in several years ^^

i think i will get the 2 15 l7 in a 10 cft sealed box filled with polyphyl. this way im losing output at the higher freqs but it gains the low end which is what i want :)

Edited by elastic

That post serves no purpose. The output is totally install dependent and vehicle dependent. So the numbers mean nothing to the OP.

What amp are you going to be using? HU?