elastic

in search of a low end monster

Oh yea, by the way, a single 13Av.2 in a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz can hit 136 dB on 1200 watts, so imagine what two could do with 2k watts of power.

That post serves no purpose. The output is totally install dependent and vehicle dependent. So the numbers mean nothing to the OP.

Well, OP said he wants a sub that gets low and loud. I was simply demonstrating that the 13Av.2 is an SQ sub that plays extremely low and clean notes but at the same time can get extremely loud. That and it doesn't break the bank. I was simply stating what was done in a smaller box with less power than the OP had, so he can obviously do even better than that, depending on the car he has. The car wasn't a SPL setup, just a daily driver.

Oh yea, by the way, a single 13Av.2 in a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz can hit 136 dB on 1200 watts, so imagine what two could do with 2k watts of power.

That post serves no purpose. The output is totally install dependent and vehicle dependent. So the numbers mean nothing to the OP.

Well, OP said he wants a sub that gets low and loud. I was simply demonstrating that the 13Av.2 is an SQ sub that plays extremely low and clean notes but at the same time can get extremely loud. That and it doesn't break the bank. I was simply stating what was done in a smaller box with less power than the OP had, so he can obviously do even better than that, depending on the car he has. The car wasn't a SPL setup, just a daily driver.

Most any quality sub woofer(s) from a reputable company such as SoundSplinter, being installed by someone who has experience should have plenty of output for a daily driver install. Tenths on a meter mean little for daily listening.

136dB on 1200w is low for a 12 inch sub.(Ray from audio Innovations can let a 10 inch on 400watts be louder then that, also low-tuned. ;) )

The Rl-p really is a low end monster and i would choose it over 2 L7's every day.

Why?The Rl-p will be (almost) as loud, sound better, and just looks better, and not everybody has one of them.

But if you ask for advice and totally ignore everything everybody suggested, then why start a thread?

But if you ask for advice and totally ignore everything everybody suggested, then why start a thread?

:werd_msword: , you should just buy the pair of L7's if your that confident in them. There are better subs out there for your money and I even like Kicker but for your goals, wrong path my friend.

They are the same thing, Audiopulse bought TC Sounds I believe.

You can afford a 2000wrms amp but not a 400 dollar sub?

Let's keep eDuh out of the discussion. Even if the products are worth their weight in gold I'm not supoorting a company with bad rep.

if you run KICKERS on this forum, consider your ass banned, only kickers allowed here are the soloxs. even then, thats cutting it.

bsflag.gif

if you run KICKERS on this forum, consider your ass banned, only kickers allowed here are the soloxs. even then, thats cutting it.

ignorant, narrowminded, intolerant?

You won't banned from this forum. Stealth is/was obviously a kicker fan boy and he didn't like hearing the facts: There is most likely a better sub out there for your purpose that you can get just as cheap.

People aren't banned for mentioning kicker. that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Now if you're trying to make xplod's seem sweet..... maybe.

Just kidding. This forum isn't prejudice towards one company. Just the intelligent and well experienced people on here will tell you what they've experienced. And the not-so-intelligent ones give bad advice.

You won't banned from this forum. Stealth is/was obviously a kicker fan boy and he didn't like hearing the facts: There is most likely a better sub out there for your purpose that you can get just as cheap.

People aren't banned for mentioning kicker. that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Now if you're trying to make xplod's seem sweet..... maybe.

Just kidding. This forum isn't prejudice towards one company. Just the intelligent and well experienced people on here will tell you what they've experienced. And the not-so-intelligent ones give bad advice.

good.

ok so what i was suggested is xcon, rl-p, xxx. as im not located in usa these subs are pretty expensive to me because of import taxes, shipping, etc.

did anyone hear the jbl wgti woofer and the ssa subs aswell?

What is available in your area? We might be able to recommend something.

Never heard the JBL WGTI. I have a 10" DCON and that is amazing. ICON and XCON would be trink40.gif !

i live in europe.

available is jbl, kicker, alpine, re audio (too expensive thought, same as fi), jl (also overpriced...) and orion.

thats it. there are numerous no name brands but i dont care about them.

you see the race is between kicker (l7), jbl (wgti), alpine (type r) and orion. id like to run 2 15s, sealed or ported low.

Edited by elastic

I don't see why ED should be kept out. Many people have bad experiences, yes, but many of us have never had a problem. There is no need to bias against a product completely because some people don't like their business practices. Its not the best for sure, but options are great. Not that this has much relevance (sorry denim, I know you just got on someone for this) but my 4 13av.2s hit 147.8 in the dash legal on music, although that was with over 4000 watts. They aren't very efficient, even for a low Fs, high Q, SQ type sub, BUT, they are cheap. They can be found for lower than 250 each, not bad. After that being said, I guess I still wouldn't recommend them lol. XCON, ICON, Fi Q or IB3, exodus maelstrom, soundsplinter, all great choices.

i live in europe.

available is jbl, kicker, alpine, re audio (too expensive thought, same as fi), jl (also overpriced...) and orion.

thats it. there are numerous no name brands but i dont care about them.

you see the race is between kicker (l7), jbl (wgti), alpine (type r) and orion. id like to run 2 15s, sealed or ported low.

The L7 is a very capable driver when loaded into the right enclosure. I know they can get loud and low from hearing them in person. JBL and Orion have never heard so not much help. The Type R is an ok driver as well but I think the L7 will be better for what you are looking for.

thanks. i know the l7s arent the best subs but for my situation here in europe :( its a good choice. by the way the 15 xxx costs 3 times as much as a 15 l7.

thanks. i know the l7s arent the best subs but for my situation here in europe sad.gif its a good choice. by the way the 15 xxx costs 3 times as much as a 15 l7.

What are some of the unkown brands you have available to you that we don't have here in the North America?

Vibe is from europe, Ive heard some good reviews from Mark

Not going to ban anyone for running Kicker. One of the best guys in the industry works for Kicker, and they make quality products.

I don't see why ED should be kept out. Many people have bad experiences, yes, but many of us have never had a problem. There is no need to bias against a product completely because some people don't like their business practices. Its not the best for sure, but options are great. Not that this has much relevance (sorry denim, I know you just got on someone for this) but my 4 13av.2s hit 147.8 in the dash legal on music, although that was with over 4000 watts. They aren't very efficient, even for a low Fs, high Q, SQ type sub, BUT, they are cheap. They can be found for lower than 250 each, not bad. After that being said, I guess I still wouldn't recommend them lol. XCON, ICON, Fi Q or IB3, exodus maelstrom, soundsplinter, all great choices.

I think it is a factor of so many people were burned, or are still currently having quality and customer service issues that many have a problem with that company. With that being said, until they correct all the problems and improve, the public opinion will not change. Anyway, good post and well said. As for the SPL figure, I have no problem with people posting their scores, I have a problem with people thinking that posting an SPL figure for their particular install should be a selling factor for the OP or person asking the question, especially in a daily driver install where something resembling accurate sound reproduction is the goal.

Thumpper has good knowledge of both the Xcon and Gti. But the OP originally asked about SoundSplinter, so with that being said the RL-p is the quality choice with out knowing more info. :)

I've heared recently a JBL GTI 12" in a ported box, and I'm waiting for a box design for 2 GTI's 10".

I don't know if the box for the 12" was good, but it sounded good in a trunk of a Mercedes. We even tried it with the trunk open. And we all liked it!

They are pretty expensive in France, where do you live ?

Ask ssa for a quote on one of their subs, to have an idea of the shipping costs. You may not have to pay taxes, if you're lucky, or if you know your business!!! There are different shipping methods, work on it !

If you can find locally a brand new 15" L7 for about 200 €, go for it !

It will give you what you need, but it's really not an Xcon!

BTW take a look at the SSA Icon too : cheaper than the Xcon, it's the little brother !!! I loved mine (got it after some 15" Kicker L7's) until I got my Xcon.

carpower, crunch, ampire, rainbow, renegade are some of the "lower" brands here. in germany there are alot of hifonics bandpass boxes (prefab) that are known to be very loud but actually they have very little sq.

the rep of the hifoncis bp here in germany are comparable to the hype of the l7s in usa.

hertz, soundstream, DD and RF are also here, but its expensive stuff too.

this is a picture of a HF BP: (i would never get this)

http://www.extremeaudio.de/images/Hifonics/neu/ZL12Dual.jpg

i can get a 15 l7 ~ 260€

a 15 jbl gti ~ 330€

a 15 xcon is ~ 600€ to my door (too much)