Racerkid15

1 15" FI BTL Subwoofer Box help

Hey guys my name is Alex I'm 17 and have been very addicted to car audio my whole life even hooking them up in my room etc. However I have a 1994 Buick Lesabre currently running 2 12" kicker comps in a sealed box doing barely 110 dbs which to alot of people is very low so I want to upgrade to 1 15" fi btl fully loaded dual 2 ohm to wire it at 1 ohm p chamfer, cooling, hixmcoil, daily, i heat ring, non universal, white dust cap were the options I thought were the best ones. Here is the issue I need a box that will give me the best SPL/db readings possible sound quality is not a huge issue for me the box will be in a sealed trunk very little air gets in the car with the back seat in place but I'm still wanting to go ported.

My dimensions of my current box for 2 12" kickers is..

Width: 32"

Height 15"

Depth 17"

---

My recommended-max trunk specs are

Width: 43"-45"

Height: 17"-20"

Depth: 18-20"

I've researched for some ported boxes and can't find any that are just right for me I want the box to be slot port and tuned to around 34 hrtz or as close as possible to that I hear that if the port is tuned to high it sounds awful so I'm just going with that. Please help find me the perfect box I've seen vids of this sub doing 143-145 on termlab I would be happy hitting 130's since I'm used to a 110 setup lol thanks so much guys :)

Talk to argent audio, hell build you a box for cheap and he's awesome

You would have real close to 6cf after port and sub displacement using your max dimensions so you have plenty of room.

You have realistic expectations and I hope you get there. :drink40:

Awesome thanks you guys I'm going to try and contact that guy and ask him if he will and what the price would be.

EDIT: I asked him if he would do it or not I guess I'll just wait for his response here I sent him a private message so he might be here later I guess lol thanks for the help again though guys I'm pretty new here and I must say I do like these forums :)

EDIT2: I just ran a dimensions calculator and I'm told that the 15" FI BTL does best in a 3.0-5.0 cu ft box and with these dimensions

Width:45"

Height:17"

Depth:18"

Thickness of wood:3/4th" MDF wood

Final result =:6.43815 Cu ft............. OBVIOUSLY this is WAY to big of a box for just 1 15 ft btl so I'm thinking something like this for my exact design tell me what you guys think below.

Width:34"

Height17"

Depth:18"

Thickness of wood:3/4th" MDF wood

Final result:4.81011........

So basically 4.8 cu ft I've seen these in 5 cu ft boxes tuned to 32 hrtz and it pounds so I'd like the dimensions above ''the 4.8 cu ft ones'' and have the box tuned to exactly 32-34 hrtz if possible slot ported if you can build it or find one exactly like the dimensions I've posted please tell me thanks!!

Edited by Racerkid15

He has been pounding them here out lately and they look good.

I am sure he will hit you back.

Awesome thanks you guys I'm going to try and contact that guy and ask him if he will and what the price would be.

EDIT: I asked him if he would do it or not I guess I'll just wait for his response here I sent him a private message so he might be here later I guess lol thanks for the help again though guys I'm pretty new here and I must say I do like these forums :)

It doesn't take him long to reply, but he's not a robot either :P

He'll make you the perfect box for your goals at a very good price. Check out some of his builds here: click me :)

Awesome I just seen his prices too I'm not sure if this is with shipping or not if it is then it's a VERY great deal I'm guessing for a 4.8 cu ft or so he will charge almost $200 also what is the double baffle option/flush mount options do? I'm guessing the double baffle is just more screw drilling room in the wood? wasn't 100% sure so I had to ask thanks! :D -I Added the exact dimensions I was -hoping- to get above I edited the post above thanks lol-

Ported Boxes - With Carpet

1.5 cubes - $130

2.0 cubes - $140

2.5 cubes - $150

3.0 cubes - $160

3.5 cubes - $170

4.0 cubes - $180

4.5 cubes - $190

5.0 cubes - $200

5.5 cubes - $210

Add-Ons:

Double Baffle (1-3 Cubes) - $5

Double Baffle (3.5+ Cubes) - $10

Flush Mount (1-3 Cubes) - $5

Flush Mount (3.5+ Cubes) - $10

EDIT AGAIN!! GRR:

I found this box for $160 http://www.woofersetc.com/p7421/SQP15SPL--Ground-Shaker-15"-Single-Ported-High-SPL-Box.htm it's 4.2 cu ft and almost the exact dimensions I wanted but it doesn't say what the port is tuned to -hrtz- wise? not sure what to do oh well I'm going to go to the store I'll be back in a bit thanks for the help everyone. :)

Edited by Racerkid15

Get the double baffle. It helps support the weight of the sub.

He will advise you. I am sure he wants you to be happy with the finished product.

$'s do not include shipping.

if it is a "high spl" box it is probably tuned wayyyy to high.

@Sir

Ok will do for sure I'm new to 15" subwoofers the most bass I've heard was like a 118 on term lab and that was pretty good so if this setup does anything over 130 I know I'll be a happy costumer lol.

@Brandon

I figured the same thing by looking at how tiny the port was for such a big box -4.2 cu ft- and like a 1/4th inch wide port lol thanks man :) it's late where I am so I'm going to go to bed for now I'll be on first thing in the morning to check for his reply if he isn't busy later guys and I must say for the 1st day I'm very pleased with the kindness, help, and support of you guys already lol thanks so much :) night night

Check my signature, the company does great work and respects the wallet! :fing34:

He'll e-mail you prices and pictures of past work, he does neon lights, plexi glass, the works.

Just ask you to notify them that i referred you ;)

Good Luck.

Awesome deal.. I have everything worked out AA said he could make that box very easily so that is cool I said as soon as I get my paycheck which is every other friday I'd be here A.S.A.P. I'm so glad I found some one wanting to build me one rather then order online not knowing what the port is tuned to like that -high- spl box lol at least this way I know what I'm getting for sure if you want someone can delete this topic I have all my information and know where to post when I get paid thanks again guys I really appreciate it! :)

Sounds good and glad you got everything working in your favor, dont forget a build log when your installing (Argent makes great enclosures).