uros12

Btl 18 power handling..

I have a btl18 in a 7.5 cube portted box tuned to 32 hz in my 1999 suburban and it's got the cooling option only, and it's D2 so .5 ohms or 2 and I have it at 2 ohms on a kicker zx1500.1. My question is what amp would push this better? And should I wire it to .5 ohms with new amp? People feed 3-4 thousand watts to their fully loaded btls but mines only got the cooling, sorry for the long post just wanted to give exact info on what I have, thanks alot!

I have a btl18 in a 7.5 cube portted box tuned to 32 hz in my 1999 suburban and it's got the cooling option only, and it's D2 so .5 ohms or 2 and I have it at 2 ohms on a kicker zx1500.1. My question is what amp would push this better? And should I wire it to .5 ohms with new amp? People feed 3-4 thousand watts to their fully loaded btls but mines only got the cooling, sorry for the long post just wanted to give exact info on what I have, thanks alot!

Well with what you listed you have the D1. So finding and amp that does 2500wrms @ 2 ohms is hard and expensive. Amps are not covered by warranty if you run them under 1 ohm. Your best bet is to get 2 Saz 1000d and strap them. Or wire 1 to each coil. BTL's can handle 2500wrms.

BTW Welcome to the forum

first that comes to mind is

Orion 2500 -- 1700 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 Ohms

i know its old school

Expensive for some, cheap for others !

I agree : the 2 saz's 1000 strapped would be the best idea.

You can search for any other 1000 watts linkable amps that can give you 2000 watts at 2 Ohms. Maybe it is cheaper than a big amp.

Kicker must have at least a 1500 watts amp. That can be good for you.

Whatever solution you find will not be on the cheap ! You must pay for power !!!

Remember that with a bigger amp you might have to upgrade your electrical system. More money again !!!!!!!!!

You can look at Audiopipe 3000 watt amp it is 2 ohm stable, you first need to give a budget. You wont find anything cheaper for the power you want, plus it does not take 3000 -4000 watts to push a BTL. The recommended rms is 2000 watts and if you dont know what your doing then stick with that, just cause you see someone doing something doesnt mean you need to unless you want to damage your new subwoofer.

Your also gonna need to put some money aside to upgrade your electrical or your gonna have even more problems, I hope you thought this system out ahead of time instead of just buying the sub with the most rms you can. If so this will be a major fail especially if on a limited or small budget :suicide-santa:

have you done the big 3 at least? or gotten a volt meter to see if you really do need anymore?

I hve a secod battery a yellowtop:)

I'd say your also going to need a high output alternator.

first thing you need to do is install a voltmeter and see what your voltage is at to see if you really NEED the alt. maybe just another battery will do, if you're sticking around 2k (which i recommend)

first thing you need to do is install a voltmeter and see what your voltage is at to see if you really NEED the alt. maybe just another battery will do, if you're sticking around 2k (which i recommend)

x2, you cant tell how your vehicle will react to installing a system until you install it and monitor your voltage. Do as stated above/preveious posts in this topic (do the Big 3, get a voltmeter). Depending on your listening habits, voltage drops and if you plan on adding anymore amps will tell you if need a extra battery or ho alternator or both.

What size is your stock alternator?

It's only 110 amps and I have a interstate battery for the car and a yellow top for the amp and myvoltage still drops

you're always going to get drops, lets get some numbers

I just went thru this same thing.. got a 18" fully loaded btl.. worried that i wouldnt have enough power for it.. those things are monsters.. i feed mine with a SAZ1500 @ 1 ohm (D2 sub) it takes every bit of it and wants more.. I agree with the audiopipe 3000 if your lookin for power at 2 ohms, ive played with the audiopipe 1500's and there not bad at all, the 1500 is tiny for what it is but puts ou quite a bit.. the 3000 looks alot bigger im sure its of the same quality. Before you go dumping a ton of watts to the BTL make sure you have the right sized enclosure (you may already??) i dont know for sure how that all works but the size of the enclosure plays a part on how many watts your going to give it. Have fun with that thing :)

another option you could look at is audioque. they have the 3500 D that can push 2600 @ 2ohms 14.4 volts. @ 1ohm 14.4 volts this thing can push 4300 watts!!! and the best thing about it is their not really expensive. $ 750 shipped. hope this helped :)

Or (2) Audioque 2200's for $778 shipped. One per coil smile.gif

Brian

edit - Did I mention I can get recone kits for you ;)

LoL NO, if its professionally done you should be above 14.4 volts even with the sub hitting its hardest.

Its all about making sure you know what your doing before attempting something of this magnitude.

LoL NO, if its professionally done you should be above 14.4 volts even with the sub hitting its hardest.

Its all about making sure you know what your doing before attempting something of this magnitude.

I thought it was a 12 volt industry :ughdunno::shrug:

What do you mean 12volt industry??

If you have the proper wires, alternator and battery/batteries to power your amps you will see 14.4 volts or above depending on if your alternator can be manually set a different voltages...

What do you mean 12volt industry??

If you have the proper wires, alternator and battery/batteries to power your amps you will see 14.4 volts or above depending on if your alternator can be manually set a different voltages...

Even then, it will still drop, there is lag in your alternators response to current consumption. It WILL drop.

Thread necromancy much? Anyways the Kicker 2500.1 ZX can do 2500 at 2 ohms, and it's neither expensive (compared to the competition) nor hard to find.

I know some kicker amps ^^ do rated at 2ohms and also some alpine. Hifonics has some cheaper amps not the best amps you can buy but very budget friendly haha.