ok so im going to need to get a new headunit for my car, which stereo is cheap (300>) but allows me to control my Ipod through the stereo its self. ive got one in mind but i want you all to tell me what you think is a good stereo. also i saw that Soundstram has some perdy flip ups that do exactly what i need it to, but im guessing the price is like a grand. anyone got info on their stereos?

so you wnat a h/u with a 300$ budget and has to have ipod controls!

so i must ask SINGLE or DOUBLE din h/u?

and do you want to play movies?

^yeah we need that information. how important is sound quality to you?

alright so the car im going to put it in is a double din but i think i might be able to get it to single im not sure, its a 07 JETTA. um i dont really care about video, but if i does than thats good. i would like to have good sound quality since ill be hooking up a FI BL.

sound quality and you aer getting an Fi sub lol!

at any rate i believe the jetta can fit both double and single din! so whihc would you like?

i would say go with single din as it will be easier to get one due to your small budget!! there aer doulbe dins out there for about 300 but you get what you pay for! on the other hand i curently own a jvc avx77

KD-AVX77.jpg

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105KDAVX77/JVC-KD-AVX77.html?search=jvc+avx+77&ssi=0&tp=27995

the ipod functionality is amazing plus you can watch movies on it! lol and it has a usb port and it is fully touch screen! it is a single din and out of your price range by 200~ and less on ebay! i think lol!!

other then that i would loook for an alpine smoething h/u!! best bang for yrou buck or a kenwood!! but i believe alpine has better ipod controls!

as for an alpine h/u i would recommend the 9886 or 9887

also aer you looking for a used or bnib?

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA9887/Alpine-CDA-9887.html?showAll=Y&c=3

or

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA9886/Alpine-CDA-9886.html?showAll=Y&c=3

sound quality and you aer getting an Fi sub lol!

at any rate i believe the jetta can fit both double and single din! so whihc would you like?

i would say go with single din as it will be easier to get one due to your small budget!! there aer doulbe dins out there for about 300 but you get what you pay for! on the other hand i curently own a jvc avx77

KD-AVX77.jpg

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105KDAVX77/JVC-KD-AVX77.html?search=jvc+avx+77&ssi=0&tp=27995

the ipod functionality is amazing plus you can watch movies on it! lol and it has a usb port and it is fully touch screen! it is a single din and out of your price range by 200~ and less on ebay! i think lol!!

other then that i would loook for an alpine smoething h/u!! best bang for yrou buck or a kenwood!! but i believe alpine has better ipod controls!

as for an alpine h/u i would recommend the 9886 or 9887

also aer you looking for a used or bnib?

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA9887/Alpine-CDA-9887.html?showAll=Y&c=3

or

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA9886/Alpine-CDA-9886.html?showAll=Y&c=3

Wow... That is what i was hoping for! i had a Kenwood in mind but i think it doesn't have IPOD Controllability. ill give you the link: Kenwood KDC-X993 (kdcx993) - Car Stereo Head Unit In-Dash Receiver - Sonic Electronix

i also just found out that the amp i wanted to get was just discontinued, i now have to get the newer model which is $100 more. but if i am going to be spending that much money, i think i will just get the sundown SAZ-1500D. i was going to get the Hifonics BXi 1610D .

on the h/u you showed me it says to get the ipod to work you need this cord

Kenwood KCA-iP101 (kcaip101) - iPod Adapter at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

and if you already have an ipod you should have this cord already!

and it is a nice h/u!

as for the amp sundown all the way!! please note this link and the output you can get with the right setup!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/Uniform-Amp-Clamp-Test-t30180.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/AMPLIFIER-POWER-TESTING-t22607.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/Testing-SAZ-amps-t24776.html

on the h/u you showed me it says to get the ipod to work you need this cord

Kenwood KCA-iP101 (kcaip101) - iPod Adapter at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

and if you already have an ipod you should have this cord already!

and it is a nice h/u!

as for the amp sundown all the way!! please note this link and the output you can get with the right setup!

Uniform Amp Clamp Test - SSA Car Audio Forum

AMPLIFIER POWER TESTING - SSA Car Audio Forum

Testing all the SAZ amps - SSA Car Audio Forum

o yaeclipse forgot about those killer h/u's lol!

jsut stay away from pioneer lol!

o yaeclipse forgot about those killer h/u's lol!

jsut stay away from pioneer lol!

And DUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dual lol!! good call!!

and i am sure there are more brands to aviod lol!!

but hey i don't mind jvc and some ppl say to stay away from those!! lol!

and another point of the jvc (avx77 mine) is you can have your own background! currently i have a pic of me and my gf (ya i know how cute right) but you can alos put pics of hot chicks nude! if that is how you roll lol!

yeah i just watched a video about it from sonic electronix. i would get it, but since the new amp im going to have to kep it cheap in order to make up for the new price....

aww i c! mabye look in the used section! this forum has a for sale section and ppl sell stuff all the time! also check out db-r for a 1500!!

at any rate sounds liek you are on your way!

feel free to post back or make a new thread! and welcome to ssa!

and if you have other question you don't wish to post a question you cna p/m me all and any of your crazy off the way question! trust me i have heard them all lol!!

at any rate enjoy your stay!! ;)

I've got a Alpine CDA-105, and I really like the iPod controls on it. Its single DIN, you can get one for around $150.

Amazon.com: Alpine CDA-105 200 Watt AM/FM/MP3 iPod Receiver: Electronics

Soon I'm gonna be upgrading to the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD though. Its pretty badass, double DIN, 7 in. screen, hookups for a backup camera and extra screens. You can get one for $398 on amazon.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver: Electronics

I have the Alpine 9886 and personally love it. But i would try going to a local store and checking out some of the stuff they have there. listen to 'em, see how they function. For example, i love the Ipod funtion on the 9886, but i know some people that hate it... not sure why but i guess that's their preference

I own the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and this is the first HU I've used the Ipod controls with. It is extremely simple to use for all controls with the touch screen. I've got nothing but positive things to say about the HU and wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again. I got mine from al-eds.com which is a authorized Pioneer dealer and they do internet price matching ($425 shipped) :drink40: I know it's over the price you gave but just thought I would give some input on it since it was mentioned. I would definitely go to your local stores and try to get some hands on experience with the HU's your interested in. Good luck with your search and choice!

I've got a Alpine CDA-105, and I really like the iPod controls on it. Its single DIN, you can get one for around $150.

Soon I'm gonna be upgrading to the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD though.

When will you be upgrading? So I can be the first to snatch it from you! (maybe)

***EDIT***

i forgot to add that i have looked at the 4000 series by pioneer, but i think i will try checking out alpine. i only have a best buy near my house so ill just see if they have what i want :(...

does anyone have any knowledge of SoundStreams H/U?

Edited by WhatsCS

Don't mean to thread jack but any thoughts on clarion?

Thanks,

Matt Cusack

Hey man, Best Buy had my alpine 9886!! And I got them to match internet pricing at sonicelectronix.com! i mean in my opinion it's worth the twenty minutes you will spend there, even if it is Best BUy

yeah, but i mean the kenwood looks perdy lol. and it has dual joy sticks, ill see if they have it. and then push them with amazons price ;)

***EDIT***

Ignore the above, just found a SUPER EPIC stereo: The Alpine iDA-X305!!! i can get it for the same price as the kenwood from amazon!

Edited by WhatsCS