elblako91

Elblako's SA-8 build log

That enclosure looks like it will enclose two more of those SA-8's, looking good so far. :fing34:

Coolio! What's going on it; carpet, paint, bedliner, or just bare?

Well right now it's just bare. I still have to fill all the holes up with wood putty and then re-sand. Probably be painting it black. Thanks everyone for the comments. I'll be posting up more pictures and a video later.

looks great. good job on the build. so how do like the 8's. I have 2 8" L7's in a 2.20 cu. ft ported box tuned to 34hz.

looks great. good job on the build. so how do like the 8's. I have 2 8" L7's in a 2.20 cu. ft ported box tuned to 34hz.

I was defiantly shocked with the 8's. They sound like two 12's. I tuned down low for SQ but if i turn it up i can shake my seats and rear pick up bed. It's quite impressive to say the least. I think I might post up a video today as I have nothing to do.

Well i finally got a video. Not as great as I was expecting. I guess a system always looks and feels better in person as the camera didn't pick up my seat shaking. Either that or I just need to go bigger ha. :suicide-santa: Anyways it's my first video so ignore the stuttering. Towards the end of it i do address the problem I have been having lately. Whenever i turn the ignition off my subs pop real bad. I've only done it once so i don't think I've done any damage to them but to avoid this i have to turn my radio off, which then turns the remote off to my amps. Only then can i turn the ignition off and avoid the POP. Any ideas? :puzzled:

Anyways enough yappin' my mouth off lets move on to the video....

VIDEO:

th_M4H00005.jpg

yo those 8;s sound pretty good. maybe its a bad ground or ur remote wire might have a bad connection. idk man.

Makes me miss my 8's more now :shrug: Looks like you're moving some air with the lil monsters :woot:

sounds awesome ...

just asking ... Is the box bolted down or on top of the rear seat?

The box is just sitting on top of the rear seats and it's not bolted down. It's heavy enough that it won't move. I'm going to do another video today with the GF and see if I can move some hair.

Here's an updated video of them fully broken in. I can move windows and seats now Whoohooo! :drink40:

fast forward to 3:20 to see window flex. Enjoy

th_M4H00642.jpg

Yowza..... can't wait to get my SA-8's in my Jimmy. :D Looks awesome man! :drink40::woot:

Yowza..... can't wait to get my SA-8's in my Jimmy. :D Looks awesome man! :drink40::woot:

Thanks brother. These things have amazed everyone! I recommend them to anyone that has space issues. Won't disappoint.

wut h/u is that man? thats the best looking kenwood i've seen in a while

Do yourself a favor and secure that box somehow.

Nice work getting straight cuts with a jigsaw. I've seen guys posting pics over the years who used table saws and didn't get cuts that good.

The box is heavy enough and the seats are back far enough tht it gets trapped back there. I used a jigsaw because I have a cheap harbor freight tools table saw tht can't cut a straight line even If it wanted to. As for the head unit it's a kenwood exceleron. It's like a 2000 model and was top of the line back in 2000.

Just hope you never get in a bad accident and have that box fly around in the cabin.

:drink40: