matt920

No Name 15"

DSCF4802.jpg

DSCF4803.jpg

DSCF4804.jpg

DSCF4806.jpg

DSCF4801.jpg

Well this is just something that had been laying around a friends house and was given to me to use. I don't know much about it other than it's a 15" and has dual 4 ohm coils. The person who had it before me couldn't really tell me much about who made it or anything but I figured I'd post some pics and share it with you guys. Who knows maybe someone has seen one? I haven't had a chance to see it in action but when I do I'll let you know what I think.

EDITED: Actually 4 ohm coils not 3, my mistake.

Edited by matt920

I will be playing with it once I have a vehicle with strong enough electrical system. Still working on getting everything I need.

Edited by matt920

I will be playing with it once I have a vehicle with strong enough electrical system. Still working on getting everything I need.

If you've got a box go ahead and hook it up on one of the amps you've got. I ran a 15 on 300 watts and it sounded damn good.

Looks to be a TC Sounds based driver! As for name I have no clue...shrug.gif

Looks to be well built!

I believe that is an Uberwoofer. If that is one, they were a single run driver ordered through TC, by Josh Laine of SIN. I believe Steve-o, aka Captain Canada has one. Meant to be a high excursion SQ driver.

Thanks for the input guys, after doing a little searching around the net I found some pics and it does indeed look like an uberwoofer. I don't know much about them but it sounds like they are pretty rare? I found a little info as to the specs of them but nothing to in depth. I do have a box for it with a "tunable diaphragm" or something of the sort. I'll post some pics of the box. And as for putting it on a amp I have laying around, the only one at my immediate disposal is the zapco c2k-3.0x and I need to work something out for the symbilink input it has. I want to get a zapco pre-amp/eq but I'm working on getting the funds. I've been playing with car audio for some time now but never anything to high end so I still have a lot to learn. Anyways here's a few more pictures of the box and stuff.

DSCF4808.jpg

DSCF4810.jpg

DSCF4811.jpg

DSCF4812.jpg

I believe the Ubers were based on the TC 3HP motor. If you search around SIN you'll probably be able to find some T/S parameters and more info on the driver. The "uberwoofers" sold by Laine are pretty rare, TC 3HP motored drivers are not.

That "tunable diaphragm" is a passive radiator.

Thanks for the info, and for the passive radiator I had suspected that was all it was. "tunable diaphragm" is just what the guy who gave it to me called it.

Looks like an old tc sounds. If it is you scored a great find

Yea yea, old thread, i know...

uberwoofers didnt have a black frame. natural aluminum.

That is a TC9 3HP though.

WTF NooB! You come out of the woodwork and bump a dead thread. Nice to see you around!

:peepwall:

:encore: