totally install dependent...i can tell u first hand the most important thing regarding the sound of a woofer is box as long as your not comparing funky pups to MT's...

"i want to be the guy at school who pple jus say 'damn, i cant breathe' when they sit in my car"

just eat mexican food before you demo your sounds, and fart regularly dureing playback!

:lol2:

Uh oh, the door latch is busted !

with the right power and a box that we could help you design, it would have a good chance

with the right power and a box that we could help you design, it would have a good chance

thanks, im still not sure on what to get, ive heard nothing but great things about the RL-P and i wouldnt mind having a 15, but for like 30-40 cheaper i could get 2 12 Type R, which i have heard in person and liked. so i dunno, or i could get a Eclipse Ti 15 for 300, anybodies help would be appreciated.

Ti 15 and RL-p are similar drivers IIRC. Use the same motor and cone at least.

I personally will bet on the Type Rs being louder, but not a huge difference.

Though, none of those setups will give you the "I can't breathe" affect.

I feel the Ti is a brutal sub in the right application, and the RL-p is a seemingly smoother driver, both excellent IMO,

with the top notch Customer Service of SoundSplinter and the good price, along with warrenty, I would run the RL-p

I have run both the Type R and now the Soundspinter. I loved the Type R, but the Soundsplinter is the better of the two IMO.

I have run both the Type R and now the Soundspinter. I loved the Type R, but the Soundsplinter is the better of the two IMO.

the old type r or the 2005? i heard the new 2005 type R can keep up with the big midline boys

Old, and and my roomate has the new. I just like how the Soundsplinter sounds more.

I was sorta impressed with the Type Rs at the last show I went to...mid 140s with not too much power...I guess it's all in the install, probably could have put up the same numbers with Resonant SEs too...

and in output, the Ti's should kill. i have yet to hear a Ti setup that wasn't loud. i took second at the last comp i went to to a pair of 12" Ti's in the trunk (box i built, the bastage) of a grand prix off a pair of memphis 1500d's...(yeah, he had more power and better electrical, but i had cone area)..

however, i have yet to hear a Ti setup that just flat out sounded good. all have been fairly muddy (even in the box i built) and seem to really lack the lowlow end. but they more then made up for it in sheer output.

that being said, i have to say go the rl-p route as well. while i haven't heard the 05 r's, i just recently got rid of a pair of older r's, really good output with decent sq, but needed power to do it (Ti is the same way). the rl-p should keep up with the r, maybe not beat it in output, but keep up and definitely sound better. same with the Ti. and it would require less power,IME, to achieve alot of the same goals....though for sheer output, the power needs to be there.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: