xprime4

Pair of 15inch Xcon

I would go with Denim's advice and go with 2 recones! You will basically have 2 new XCONS then.

I would go with Denim's advice and go with 2 recones! You will basically have 2 new XCONS then.

I had some time to do testing before job on the working one and i was real impress... it took the power real nice (3k theorical watts at 2ohm) and never shown any sign of stressing....

Edited by xprime4

Did you still had your Epic-160? How many db's?

yeah, number is pathetic but i'm pretty sure it's off, that can't be it....

i'm like 6db less loud than i was... with double the power and more electrical backup

turn out it was user error, stupid and noob error :(

only one coil per sub were hooked... my first time with dual coil in serie... i did it wrong!

so amp was seing .5ohm (probably around 5k watt +) and pushing all that power to a single coil per sub. I must admit they still played pretty well for being powered all wrong

recone will be here soon, can't wait to see what they'll do with their full potential.

oh yeah now my voltage doesn't dip under 13v even at idlle :D.

sorry about that denim, i'm sure they'll stand what i've got for them better now....

Edited by xprime4

Ahh, ok. Now we know why you were the first person to take an Xcon thermal. ;) There is a first for everything.

No worries, I called the build house yesterday, and your first one is built and your second one should be ready to go soon. Would you like a wiring diagram just in case?

Send him a wiring diagram, just in case !

:) :)

nah it's fine... my omegas are hooked in series atm and they work wonder.

i though making a little jumper between the + and - of one coil was gonna make the whole sub in serie... i was wrong!!!

I got them recone and i installed them back yesturday with a proper serial wiring this time around.

they are great, meter is now up 4db from a direct swap between the 12inch omegas and these, and i'm only breaking them. Guy at the recone shop were impress too and finally the coil were pitch black and smelling like shit.

mtx te4001d at 0.5 ohm on a coil per sub= bad ;)

i'm pretty happy with the substage now and they'll defenitively stay in my car for a long time :D

That is an happy ending story !:drink40:

You had them reconed at ssa or locally ? I'd like to know, maybe I misseed something ?!

I got them recone and i installed them back yesturday with a proper serial wiring this time around.

they are great, meter is now up 4db from a direct swap between the 12inch omegas and these, and i'm only breaking them. Guy at the recone shop were impress too and finally the coil were pitch black and smelling like shit.

mtx te4001d at 0.5 ohm on a coil per sub= bad ;)

i'm pretty happy with the substage now and they'll defenitively stay in my car for a long time :D

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Glad you got it worked out and now you can see what they can do.

That is an happy ending story !:drink40:

You had them reconed at ssa or locally ? I'd like to know, maybe I misseed something ?!

He bought new softpart assemblies that a local to him (Canada), shop reconed the drivers.

LOL I think it's not the first time you say that...

That's correct, they are gold/brownish colored. A burnt coil is dark brown/black and has a distinctive smell. Test the resistance of each coil at the terminals, there could be a short in the tinsel leads under the dust cap, that can cause the dustcap to melt.

dustcap wasn't that hot in the middle , just on the burnt side 3inch away from cone center

That sounds exactly like what happened to my 15 fi bl, and spiders on mine look broken just like on urs, dustcap was also super freakin hot on one side, i think it melted a bit, but mine was wired correctly. So the cause of my problem might have been in my box specs and the amp settings.... i dunno im still investigating b/c i dont want same problem twice

hey just wanted to edit in im glad for you that u fixed ur problem, those xcon's look awesome, i wish i had a pair =) and im going thru a recone now so i know the feeling of a broken sub sux =( lol

Edited by mikemihai

they are now 1db louder on the epic, and god they now dig low and make the roof flex more than ever. i won't change sub every three to six month now, these stay in my car for a long time :D

they are now 1db louder on the epic, and god they now dig low and make the roof flex more than ever. i won't change sub every three to six month now, these stay in my car for a long time :D

im just wondering what is ir score? im intrested in the xcons and was wonderin how they meter.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

im just wondering what is ir score? im intrested in the xcons and was wonderin how they meter.

it's metering 144 on music near the glove box but my epic seems to be 1-2 db under the tl (from the other owner test). My pair of omegas 12s were mettering 140 on music and tuned alot higher, so i guess it's not that bad

sq wise, the xcons crush pretty much anything i've tried so far

oh and i get a nice flex ;) i'll take vids pretty soon

Edited by xprime4