foxvega87

problem with bass knob on SAZ-3500

I recently installed my SAZ-3500 with two FI BTL and everything works real good, I then connected the bass knob when I turn the bass knob down to the minmum (no maximum) the amp goes into protect. Help please I really like to have control of the bass. What can I do? And, why does it do that....

Strange. Would seem the opposite would happen if you turned it all the way up, but not all the way down

It's not a bass knob, it's a remote gain.

I tried it twice and the amp went to protect. I got some what scared that it would go into protect completly but I will try it tommorrow to see if I did it wrong.

While the subject is here I just got done putting all my stuff in. Saz1500 and an 18btl. Remote acts weird. Think it has a bad wire. If I wiggle the cord the blue led goes on and off. Is that cord identical to a telephone cord? As in if I were to cut it back a foot or two and use one of those tools for the ends. Is that a possibility or would I just need to get ahold of another? I narrowed it down to a section of the wire, the plug is fine I believe

It is just a telephone cord.

The cord may be pinched if it is protecting your amp... the remote is simply a resistor and an LED, nothing complicated.

I tried it with another telephone cord that's brand new and a new remote gain from another SAZ I have it still does the same thing when I turn it to the min. It enters in protection.

Just dont use it, its not like you need it anyway (your headunit should have a feature to control your subs as well).