gadgeteer123

My 15" xcon in its new enclosure by audible customs

Nice looking enclosure!

Exactly how do you have the woofer wired up? Looks like a positive from one coil and a negative from the other coil to me!

Very cool box.

Its wired as 1-ohm, one wire is wrapped around the magnet.

That's awesome! How much port area you got on that thing?

Its wired as 1-ohm, one wire is wrapped around the magnet.

So it's a dual half ohm? Looks wired in series.

its a dual 2 ohm its wired in parallel, You can't even see the wire around the magnet in any of the pics...

its a dual 2 ohm its wired in parallel, You can't even see the wire around the magnet in any of the pics...

Ah, indeed.

Nice looking enclosure!

There must be 2 wires that we can't see : one for the + and one for the -.

Nice enclosure. Seems big and heavy !

How do you like the sound ? Have you tested it yet ?

I just hooked it up yesterday, up to a 1600rms at 1-ohm hifonics amp, on a 105 amp stock alternator with no extra battery's. It sounds good and it seems as loud as my old sub but sounds better.. My old sub was a kove armageddon. I know it can go louder, but every time a note hits my needle dips down to 11 volts and then I hear the amp distort. I am planning on getting a extra battery and a 180 amp alternator upgrade in a month, so when I get that all done it should be super loud :). Then I gotta save to get a sundown amp instead of this hifonics but the new amp won't be for a long time.

Very cool enclosure dude. I'm likin the blue neon as well. It definitely pops!

WOW, I am SOOO full of ENVY right now. THAT is one gourgous enclosure and XCON sub. wub.gif

I voted your topic 5 stars BTW.

Once I got my HO alt. installed I could hear the difference in how much authority the extra POWER made in the sub amp. You will be happier with the Sundown amp also.smile.gif

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Im Soo Jeleous of that enclosure ;)

Looks Sexxy

omg, I had a wire on backwards and now it is so much louder, It still makes my voltage drop but it hits so much harder, everything I looked at appeared to be moving even outside of the car so we know it wasn't the car that was vibrating lol :) I can't wait to get more power to it now. now thats its even louder the voltage goes all the way down to 10v which is kinda shocking, because this amp may not be of the best sound quality but it is super efficient.

That is a serious drop. I would suggest easing off until your electrical system is a little more beefed up to handle the current draw.

Ya, well i was just playing with it, you know how it is when you first hook up your new system. when I did a bass tester my head-unit shut off. I am ordering a 180 amp alternator rebuild kit on may 1st when I get paid. It Will replace my current stock alternators internals :)

From what I have heard in my car in the last day, I am just like wow, I knew it would be louder, but I had no idea. I think the reviews on the xcon are under-rated. This thing is awesome, and it pounds like no tomorrow. I don't even have it powered fully and it makes my rear hatch push outwards, and my roof flex to the point where it touches my roof rack. I couldn't even light a lighter. Its so loud. It loves the lows.

omg, I had a wire on backwards and now it is so much louder, It still makes my voltage drop but it hits so much harder, everything I looked at appeared to be moving even outside of the car so we know it wasn't the car that was vibrating lol :) I can't wait to get more power to it now. now thats its even louder the voltage goes all the way down to 10v which is kinda shocking, because this amp may not be of the best sound quality but it is super efficient.

Yeah. I'd be real careful of that.

There must be 2 wires that we can't see : one for the + and one for the -.

Nice enclosure. Seems big and heavy !

How do you like the sound ? Have you tested it yet ?

Just seems like an odd way to wire a sub parallel.

omg, I had a wire on backwards and now it is so much louder, It still makes my voltage drop but it hits so much harder, everything I looked at appeared to be moving even outside of the car so we know it wasn't the car that was vibrating lol smile.gif I can't wait to get more power to it now. now thats its even louder the voltage goes all the way down to 10v which is kinda shocking, because this amp may not be of the best sound quality but it is super efficient.

ohnoes9.gif