ShaneSauce

What to expect?

My 15" ssd and my box weigh a ton and its bringing my rear end down a lot..

I am thinking of downgrading to a lighter setup.. like a cvr 12 for example in a 1.5cuft sealed box, but I am keeping the kicker 750 ill just keep the gain down.

Would it be terrible? I'm not a bass addict I just need some kind of low end so I don't go crazy.

What kind of car do you have? Why don't you work on the springs?

You can look for a good 10" sub with that amp.

A 97 toyota tercel 2 door coupe.

I just lowered it 2 inches and before I lowered it my rear end sat lower than the front, but without the box in there it is even.

the sub and box together weigh around 100 pounds.

edit: i mostly just need a cheap alternative for the time being, I'm trying to save up for some rims at the moment lol

Edited by ShaneSauce

dude, if a 100 pound setup is making your car lower itself, the problem is the car, not the setup. A full tank of gas should weigh around 80 pounds in your car. Seems to me toyota would of made the car good enough to at least support a tank of gas (80) pounds without sagging, and some random groceries and whatnot in the trunk (another 40) That's around 120 pounds. So your car should support half a tank of gas and a sub box without a problem.....

Well it doesn't sag extremely its just a bit lower in the back and I am somewhat ocd about things like that.

And it could be a bit more than 100 pounds actually.. More like 150 because it is a pretty good sized box and its double baffled.

My car is def not made to hold weight that is for sure.

So like having a passenger in the back. I agree with mr problem is with your suspension. That said port a couple of 8's.