pimppistol

hifonics, orion, or kicker?>

so,right now i have 2 12" kicker cvrs in my back seat because the box is too big for the trunk. i went to the shop to ask ab out getting a box made, he said 150. but he also said i should get rid of the kickers and get a 10" brutus, or orion, with a custom box and itd be way better than the kickers.

so should i pay 150 to keep the kickers, sell the kickers and buy a brutus 10 and custom box for a lil over 200, or an orion 10 and custom box for a lil more than the brutus?

i listen to mainly more rock, but lately ive been listening to rap cuz i like the bass. but still, i listen to way more rock. so what do you think?

I wish I knew more info about your install, but on a low wattage setup, it would be hard for a single 10 to compare to 2 12's if they both have nice ported boxes.... So, I say custom box for the kickers

what kind of car do you have but id think get a custom box made for the kickers imo kicker is better then hifonics 10's any day not to sure of the orions tho but you could just use one of the kickers in the trunk and sell the other one to help pay for the box

I wish I knew more info about your install, but on a low wattage setup, it would be hard for a single 10 to compare to 2 12's if they both have nice ported boxes.... So, I say custom box for the kickers

agreed stick with the kickers. Not sure what orion he is talking about, but I am pretty sure it wont have as much output at the (2) kickers

It sounds like they just want you to buy more stuff. Ask him for a demo of what he wants you to buy. That way you can see for yourself, how it stacks up against your Kickers. If he doesn't want to, it sounds like bait and switch to me.

my bad i was in a hurry. i have an 05 mitsu eclipse spyder. so its a tiny trunk. i have a 1500 watt infinity amp. 2 channel.

he was saying that for one, those other speakers had more wattage. and 2, the kickers wont sound as good in a smaller box. and im either getting a 10" or 12", not sure

but this guy is apro. he said he does stuff for big comanies in dallas. which, if you dont know is a big city. we live about an hour or so away. the only reason he has a shop here is cuz its where he lives. but hes set up some thousand dollar systems and stuff. i saw him working on a niiice 350z set up a while back. its the only audio shop in the area with focal, and those real high end stuff. so this guy has tons of expierence. he said that he can make the box to where it would still hit hard even though its convertible.

hmmm... is there any other info you need?? i just need the box out ofmy trunk. if i get a box built for the kickers, id have to pay 150. or 200 for ported. but i think he cant do ported with the 2 12s in my trunk, i dont remember what he said about that. but if i got one of the others, and i sold my subs now, i wont have to pay near 150, cuz of what i can get for the subs now.

Base your decision on what you want to have not what he says will be better. That is unless he is a really good friend. Like it was said before he owns a shop and looks to make money on every sale. If you are looking at doing just a single sub now, why not just use the one kicker and sell the other. Maybe even sell the amp if need be and buy one more geared for the single sub ratings. Then you wont really be out much, just whatever it would cost to get a box built. I am sorry if i am being a prick about this but, this quote "but hes set up some thousand dollar systems and stuff" Really doesnt mean jack. I think it is funny because 1grand for a stereo system is really not much. Once you factor everything in, and alot of amps will cost that much by themselves!! And just because someone will pay stupid prices doesnt mean it is worth it. But well man i am done. I really do hope you get a great setup, i dont want to come off as sounding mean or rude. Just make sure you look at all options first and not just the one who might only be seeing money. GL with it!!

Base your decision on what you want to have not what he says will be better. That is unless he is a really good friend. Like it was said before he owns a shop and looks to make money on every sale. If you are looking at doing just a single sub now, why not just use the one kicker and sell the other. Maybe even sell the amp if need be and buy one more geared for the single sub ratings. Then you wont really be out much, just whatever it would cost to get a box built. I am sorry if i am being a prick about this but, this quote "but hes set up some thousand dollar systems and stuff" Really doesnt mean jack. I think it is funny because 1grand for a stereo system is really not much. Once you factor everything in, and alot of amps will cost that much by themselves!! And just because someone will pay stupid prices doesnt mean it is worth it. But well man i am done. I really do hope you get a great setup, i dont want to come off as sounding mean or rude. Just make sure you look at all options first and not just the one who might only be seeing money. GL with it!!

the only reason im asking is cuz i dont know much about systems and stuff... i know i was eventually upgrade to 2 much better 10" subs, but maybe i can make a slight upgrade to some better, but smaller stuff. i mean, i do want smaller, but i also want better. i knwo kicker isnt too great. i know theyre good and all, and everyone and theyre mom has them, and that might be another reason. everyone i know has kickers or sony. so i really dont know what i want

If you want something better check out all the manufacturers' sections and look at their subs. See what you like in your budget. Also, you can get one of the enclosure builders on here to build your box for you. I know there are lots of car audio guys in TX that can build boxes. This guy isn't giving models but brands. There is no way to even tell a little of a difference. He could be talking about the lowest shit from each company or the high end stuff from each company. You don't know. And, I have built a box for a convertible mitsubishi eclipse before and, yes, it doesn't have much room but a good sized ported box with aeroports for a 12" sub can be done. Hell, I didn't even use aeroports when I did it for the eclipse. 150 isn't bad for a price for a custom ported box however. But I do agree that it sounds like you want new equipment.

If you want something better check out all the manufacturers' sections and look at their subs. See what you like in your budget.

but i dont know what would be better or not, thats the thing.

What is the model of your amp? I doubt its 1500 watts. Maybe 700 rms bridged.

What is the model of your amp? I doubt its 1500 watts. Maybe 700 rms bridged.

heres what was on the bar code from the pawn shop...

1600a

LB65258A

NEV0004-10409

NE+

there were no numbers on the amp itself except for the 1600a and the ones above the fuses.

It looks like this? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R1600A/Infinity-Reference-1600a.html?tp=115

If so then 400 watts rms at 4 ohms and 600 watts at 2 ohms on 14.4 volts.

so it kinda sucks? but thats it. and it says its 300. i got it for 150... 50 really cuz i had 2 other crap amps that kept burning out that it traded for it. should i look at selling that too and upgrading that, or can i get somethign decent with that?

Its fine if you're not wanting to spend a lot more to add to your substage.

Just wanted to know to see what would be good for your budget and power. I'm a little tired now but I'll list some subs tomorrow.

Its fine if you're not wanting to spend a lot more to add to your substage.

Just wanted to know to see what would be good for your budget and power. I'm a little tired now but I'll list some subs tomorrow.

alright thats cool. thanks!!

You can try out Fi,IA, SSA, they will all be better than your current setup.

i do want some Fi BLs... would 1 10" sound just as good or better than the 2 kickers? i finished building the box for the 2 12;s, and its a complete peice of shit. and would that infinity work with it, or would i need to upgrade that also?