Sign in to follow this  
I8apony19

NICK!!!!.....

I'm going to SHOOT YOU!

YOU DRIVE ME FREAKING CRAZY!

YOU AND YOUR DAMN 15" WOOFER....

Anyone want to see a side by side, box by box comparison of a XXX15 AND a Mag 15???

Call me crazy.......

But I just might have the funds and the ability to do so....

My question is...do you think there is enough interest to do this..how many people would want to see this??

It'll all be in the same car..with the same power and the same enclosure environment.....

Tests will be ran with all sorts of different music in an attempt to appeal to the typical user..tests will include various boxes and tuning, different music, the LOW END, excursion pictures, and MAYBE some SPL....

What do you think?

Nick..I think I deserve at least a free tootsie pop or somethin'!?

that would be a sweet test, cause I have not heard them head to head :o

I'd love to see a head to head comparison between the SI D2 15" and the RE XXX 15" :)

- Steve

I'd like to see it as well. What is the price difference between the two? I'm not quite sure how much the XXX sells for.

I'd like to see it as well. What is the price difference between the two? I'm not quite sure how much the XXX sells for.

You don't get out much do you son?

Price is 399 + shipping

He's busy lifting weights ;)

I would love to hear both....

Jakiepoo is RIPPED...

He'd crack me in half...

Jordan...next time I come up to Scotts you can take a listen on both aight???

I'll be up again sometime this year...

Haha... right guys... but yah I did just get back from jogging 3 miles and running stairs... so what? :)

He's busy lifting weights  ;)

I would love to hear both....

Jakiepoo is RIPPED...

He'd crack me in half...

Jordan...next time I come up to Scotts you can take a listen on both aight???

I'll be up again sometime this year...

Sounds ill :+1:

I'll bring the 15a for fun too ;)

By that time I hope to have my install pretty squared off from the rag tag setup it is now... I am in dire need of Sound Deadening..

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

15A vs XXX15 vs MAG 15 vs Brahma 15 in the same weekend...at the same shop.....nah....no way it can happen....

WHOA...!

I demand pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please :finger::P

I demand pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please :finger::P

LOL..do I detect a subwoofage boner!!!

I think I do...!!!

that'd be a WANGIN' weekend...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

15A vs XXX15 vs MAG 15 vs Brahma 15 in the same weekend...at the same shop.....nah....no way it can happen....

WHOA...!

Okay, more details..... There are obviously going to be different factors as to which driver will be considered top dog. First and most obvious is personal taste.

What type of application is each driver going to see? What kind of power? What vehicle? What type of material are you going to use to "test" each driver? Who's doing the actual reviewing?

You know no matter how this comes out, you're gonna have people who say it was flawed in some way if their favorite doesn't fare well.

I think everyone will like you said have their own personal tastes... Most likely 15a will come last because my cone will come unglued from the former :P

I'm sure with scotts mad box making abilities we could make several boxes within minutes to throw these things in :lol:

I'll take a camera and I'm sure there will be other cameras.. and videos ;)

I'd love to see this as I'm planning on buying one of these four 15's soon. Can't wait to see the results

I'd love to see this as I'm planning on buying one of these four 15's soon. Can't wait to see the results

are you reffereing to the D2 15's? :o

No, I meant that I'm going to be picking One 15" out of the D2, XXX, A, or Brahma. Just one, I wish I could fit four.

No, I meant that I'm going to be picking One 15" out of the D2, XXX, A, or Brahma. Just one, I wish I could fit four.

o ok, cool, good luck and I hope to see the test results :boxin:

HAHEHAHA

denim that would be crazy but cool as f*@k :slayer:

jamie

yeah I got giddy for a second there :lol:

You don't get out much do you son?

Price is 399 + shipping

aka price is about 389 shipped for a 15 from a dealer, and if you can find on on the fourms you can prob talk em down to about 370 shipped.

I have heard a 15a, XXX 15 and Brahma mk2 back to back but no mag's, hell i did not even really know anything about em till about a month ago (mags that is).

XXX - Loudest when givin the power is needs, Very good SQ. If you can fit a larger box over 3.5 cubes and can give it 2k watts its the best bet. If you have about 1k watts or less I would go with the brahma which will get just as loud and sound a tad better. Under $400 shipped which is a good value.

Brahma - Best SQ/LSQ of the 3. With 1k watts its just as loud as a XXX. Nice due to the fact it can work very well in a huge range of boxes. Adire also invented the technolgy used in the H2, some other dei crap, XXX and some others(XBL^2) and they are the best at using it. Another thing to note is that you really only need about 400 watts rms on a brahma to get it to do what it needs to sealed or ported. 1k is prob what most people use and there is nothing wrong with that, but there is no good reason to give a brahma 2k watts like a XXX. Most $$$ out of all of them which is a downside at about $440.

15a - A very well rounded driver. Nothing amzing about it but everything about it is very good. Great price for what you get at $315. ED has had its problems, and I would not recomend buying a used one. They had issues with back ordering, but the main issue with the A's was that the cones would crack and bend and wrap. The new ones use extra foil to make it thicker but still, its not the bext designed sub out there.

Some other 15's to throw into this mix:

Orion H2 - Best sub for burps, prob would handle the most power for 5 sec or so. Not biult amazingly well. DEI who owns Orion stole the XBL^2 technology from adire and they don't really know how to use and make it. This sub would not get my vote for anything but SPL

RE SX - I've jsut heard a little bit from an RE dealer over the last few days and it seems very very good. One 12 with 1k watts hit 148 on T/L. Thats a better number then a XXX would do, and he said it sounded fairly damn good also. I think this sub will be going places. He got 29mm one way xmax also.

D2 - ????

Actually I believe that even though Adire invented the XBL^2 technology they don't make their own XBL^2 subs. They are made by a big OEM manufacturer, something which has lead to many brands getting license to use the XBL^2 technology.

I havent got 100% confirmation of what company it is, but they produce subs for multiple brands as well as having one of their own - RE.

Suddenly the fog cleared, hehe :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've heard :unsure:

Actually I believe that even though Adire invented the XBL^2 technology they don't make their own XBL^2 subs. They are made by a big OEM manufacturer, something which has lead to many brands getting license to use the XBL^2 technology.

I havent got 100% confirmation of what company it is, but they produce subs for multiple brands as well as having one of their own - RE.

Suddenly the fog cleared, hehe :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've heard :unsure:

yeah you are someone right. Theres a place in either CA or NV that does it. Starts with a "T" I think. Well I think RE does most of the making of subs by themselfs and I know adire just gets them shipped almost done to them. DEI is where the problems come in. They do not have any REAL right to it. Adire and DEI have patents pending, but Adires is about to pass and DEI's is still like a year or more off. I've talked with the Adire guys about it. They think it is kind of funny cuz DEI does not have a good way to produce the magnets needed until its already been made and they have to charge the magnet live. This costs DEI more money and it does not work as well. DEI calls is Dual Gap btw.

Take a look at the previous 5 issues of voice coil magazine for a good look at what DEI/Orion is calling "dual gap" tech. :) While I haven't seen a cutaway of an Orion/DEI "dual gap" sub, I would take a look at STEP Technologies pending patents for a good idea.