shizzzon

The Official SPL-Labs SPL Meter Group Buy Thread

hey on the USB Bass meter PRO - (dual meters side by side) can a paper be printed with 1st and 2nd place and how many dbs each one got?

hey on the USB Bass meter PRO - (dual meters side by side) can a paper be printed with 1st and 2nd place and how many dbs each one got?

I would think that even if there wasn't a print function in the program, that you could just print screen the score and then paste it into paint and print from there. I'll check and see though. I'll add you into the group buy list.

SSA Forum -

* Bigrank916 - USB/LCD Meter

* woodskilla - USB/LCD Meter

* oscar r - USB Pro Meter

Other Forums -

* 01SpyderDb23 - USB Meter

* 90TalonTSi - USB Meter

ROE Forums -

* djmatrix313 - USB/LCD Meter

Total - 6

Oscar r -

I have sent your request to the manufacturer and I will let you know something either tonight or tomorrow evening, ok?

For those who still WANT TO SEE THIS THING IN ACTION- Look here-

Go to this link and play the first video you see-

This video is done with both a Tlab and an SPL-LAB mic on the windshield within a couple inches of each other.

SPL-LAB rates their meter to be within 0.1db accurate of the Tlab and this is proof-

New SPL-Lab Video

The 0.1db variance could be caused from the meters not being in the exact location or just the accuracy of the meter itself.

Notice how the resolution on the SPL-Lab meter is DIGITAL when reading frequency and by the 1\100th!

Termlab's frequency resolution is only by a whole number, not even a tenth!

Also notice how the Termlab and SPL-LAB operate differently when the burp is done.

The termlab cycles in 1 sec intervals when displaying the results.

The SPL-LAB software rapidly rolls up to the resulting number without any breaks in the score.

Imagine what it would look like in realtime metering? :)

When you need to see change happen faster than 1 second intervals, you see this meter will help you!

However, don't let the rapid refresh rate of this meter fool you... IT still reads just as accurate as a Tlab, but faster :)

Nice updates Shizzon. :fing34:

I like it more everyday. Its going to come in handy with my next build too. ;)

what's ur next build?

I'll tell u mine if u tell me urs, hehe...

This isn't finalized yet because i won't EXACTLY what cone area i'll be usin until i see how much baffle room i have left...

But as of right now... We are lookin at tearin the wall down and rebuildin with 5 Lvl4XL 12s off of 32,500w think that should be loud in a scion tc? LMAO...

Oscar r -

I have sent your request to the manufacturer and I will let you know something either tonight or tomorrow evening, ok?

For those who still WANT TO SEE THIS THING IN ACTION- Look here-

Go to this link and play the first video you see-

This video is done with both a Tlab and an SPL-LAB mic on the windshield within a couple inches of each other.

SPL-LAB rates their meter to be within 0.1db accurate of the Tlab and this is proof-

New SPL-Lab Video

The 0.1db variance could be caused from the meters not being in the exact location or just the accuracy of the meter itself.

Notice how the resolution on the SPL-Lab meter is DIGITAL when reading frequency and by the 1\100th!

Termlab's frequency resolution is only by a whole number, not even a tenth!

Also notice how the Termlab and SPL-LAB operate differently when the burp is done.

The termlab cycles in 1 sec intervals when displaying the results.

The SPL-LAB software rapidly rolls up to the resulting number without any breaks in the score.

Imagine what it would look like in realtime metering? :)

When you need to see change happen faster than 1 second intervals, you see this meter will help you!

However, don't let the rapid refresh rate of this meter fool you... IT still reads just as accurate as a Tlab, but faster :)

ok thanks, and can i pay with paypal?

Yes you can and i'll say this again so nobody is confused-

When the time comes, you can pay with Paypal or Money Order.

When the group buy ends, the group buy list will be forwarded to them for revision to finalize pricing.

Because they "might" run out of inventory, the pricing i posted in this group buy is if everybody bought the same thing in a sense.

IF they gotta go into production and make a bunch of different things, pricing "might" increase...

So, they will give me the concrete pricing once they get the list.

IF the pricing is changed, i will make everybody aware before money is requested. I'm not expecting it too but i want everybody to know so it's not something spontaneous that happens after the group buy is over. Don't wanna surprise somebody.

If the pricing remains the same, or if everybody agrees on the new price(if there is one, which there shouldnt be) THEN money will be requested.

Once all money has been sent, ALL orders will be sent off and will take approximately 3-4 weeks to receive the meter.

Approximately 2 weeks to get it past customs and into the states and 1 week max for delivery back out.

I give them a 1 week leniency period if they gotta go back into production because they already know how many people are on the list right now.

So to sum it all up, no money will be requested until after the group buy is over and Paypal or Money Order is accepted.

If it ever becomes a common thing for LARGE requests of these meters, we may start stocking these here in the USA so there is no long shipping delays but now is not that time because we just started the business relation and the meter is still new to the US public market.

But by that time, we would be part of SSA's vendor program by that time and would be offering a LOT more than just meters...

Don't worry, we plan on offering lots of things.. this is the only thing u will see for the time being until we get our things situated and officially become part of SSA's vendor program.

Any thoughts of buying like 4-5 of these for cheap and then selling them with profit ?

I mean.. now you can buy them cheaper and after some months if someone is looking for one, you can sell him one- if the price is good he will definitely buy it from you because of the shipping time if ordered from Russia.

Anyways. I had my eye on these Meters for some time. Looks better than TL and you can't compare them with that price.

Too bad a meter is at the end of my list to buy.

Hope some reviews will be up soon.

lol, just replied to your wrong thread post, we too fast for each other.

Like i said, we'll see how this group buy goes.

Once we get our vendor status completed with SSA later on, we may do another group buy which should be bigger and then we may look into doing that... or we do it after this one...

But, like any market, there must be a large interest in it or not worth it at this time.

Just like anything, it takes a large bulk order to remain dealer status and we have to just see what happens...

what's ur next build?

I'll tell u mine if u tell me urs, hehe...

This isn't finalized yet because i won't EXACTLY what cone area i'll be usin until i see how much baffle room i have left...

But as of right now... We are lookin at tearin the wall down and rebuildin with 5 Lvl4XL 12s off of 32,500w think that should be loud in a scion tc? LMAO...

I know you're speaking of burping that much power, right? Holy Christ dude! Ya, I think it will be!

I'm pondering at using a modest 6k-12k rms. I'm still looking at drivers but I have my eye on a wall of four 15" Xcons. Just don't want to remove my a/c for two altys. Need the largest custom built one I can find to help support 12k!

I really want to use another BTL to save on budget but those Xcons look so sexy...and not everyone has SSA drivers or even heard of them so...

So another thought was a tunnel. No idea on what drivers for that but I've never seen one in a Geo before...

I've been planing to purchase one of these usb meters for a while now. I had discussed prices with Krill through email and he sent me here. Put me down for a USB BASS METER possibly a PRO if enough people join the group buy. Thanks Shizz/Phi for getting this started!

SSA Forum -

* SexySoundLab - USB Meter

Other Forums -

* 90TalonTSi - USB Meter

ROE Forums -

Total - 7

:)

Dont be afraid to jump on this fellas. If this meter is what we all hope it is, the TL is in big trouble. :o

Even if you dont compete and spend up to a couple grand on your tunes...whats $300 or so to actually know how loud your shit is?

Not very much.

A user requested to know this question-

Can the software print out your logged SPL scores?

Answer-

At this time it cannot. However, I have gotten word that it is on the "to-do" list of updates to the software.

Unlike Tlab software, SPL-Lab software is free to use and so are updates to the software. Updates to the software have been done frequently in the past so those who would like this feature may\will see it later on in the near future.

Also, we now have 8 people down for the group buy.

SSA Forum -

Other Forums -

* 90TalonTSi - USB Meter

ROE Forums -

* lifesfordeath - USB/LCD Meter

Total - 8

(Keep em comin.. the higher the number.. the cheaper the price)

You can always do a screen shot too ;)

I plan on starting to stay in SSA chatroom for the next upcoming days to answer any questions any of you may have about any of their products and anything else we will be doing in the near future so if you'd rather do it that way, i'll be over there!

The group buy is a few orders short for another big discount... I'd recommend asking your local audio shops if they'd be interested in something like this too, just a thought.

Once the group buy becomes "Dead" after several days, we may end it early so let's not hope that happens.

SSA Forum -

Other Forums -

* 90TalonTSi - USB Meter

ROE Forums -

* lifesfordeath - USB/LCD Meter

CA Forums -

* audio_phill - RTA with enlarged bandwidth to 20hz-22khz

Total - 9

All you guys need is just ONE MORE PERSON to get another price break!

What is the price currently? What is MSRP? I couldn't find any prices or breakdowns on ordering on the site.

i've got ALL the prices that a US citizen would have to pay in this group buy, i'll paste it again-

Here is the official pricing YOU would have to pay if you did it yourself first.

I like everybody to see this before you see the actual group buy pricing so you can what you are really saving.

USB Bass meter-

Cost - $270

Shipping - $55

Wire transfer fee - Typically $10-45

Total customer cost - $335-370

USB Bass meter PRO (2 meters side by side)

Cost - $470

Shipping - $55

Total customer cost - $535-570

USB with LCD Bass meter-

Cost - $330

Shipping $55

Total customer cost - $395-440

RTA meter-

Cost - $250

Shipping - $55

Total customer cost - $315-350

Now here is group buy pricing -

USB Bass meter - (single meter)

5-9 Orders - $327 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

10-24 Orders - $300 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

25-45 Orders - $271 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

Orders over 45, even more discount but more custom pricing.

USB Bass meter PRO - (dual meters side by side)

5-9 Orders - $512 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

10-24 Orders - $465 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

25-45 Orders - $415 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

USB with LCD Bass meter -

5-9 Orders - $382 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

10-24 Orders - $350 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

25-45 Orders - $315 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

RTA meter -

5-9 Orders - $308 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

10-24 Orders - $282 Shipped in the lower 48 states.

25-45 Orders - $257 Shipped in the lower 48 states.