shizzzon

The Official SPL-Labs SPL Meter Group Buy Thread

i tried sending it via email but it got rejected... Too big of a file I guess, lol.

I only got a part of mine and some read error! LOL

I guess I have to save and get a real one... :turkey:

i havent tested the usb, just the lcd ones but i believe you plug it up prior to opening software. Then u go to preferences or options and select proper input selection but i cant remember off hand.

I'll be doing extensive reviews of the usb and lcd so i'll know for myself.

i see many people have already received their meters today, that's great!

If anyone ever has any questions, PM me for help

ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO BOUGHT METERS-

I have been doing some testing to see if i can discover any problems that users may come across and i have so please read below even if you do not think you are effected!

USB Meter-

This is the meter that runs off of a laptop.

IF you are using WinVista or Win7, your readings may be VERY HIGH or it may be uncalibrated.

There is a fix in the works right now! If you are victim of this, please PM me so i can send you the fix once it's sent to me.

LCD Meter-

This is the handheld device that requires no laptop.

The noise floor on this device can reach at, over 120 and possibly over 130dbs before it starts to read anything IF AND ONLY IF you are using the 12v adapter WHILE the car is running!

The internal power supply was not meant to be ran like this and is accepting interference which will elevate the noise floor considerably!

If you are measuring pressure above the noise floor, readouts are pretty much dead on the TL, BUT some variances can cause the calibration to be off 0.1-0.3db!

It will not hurt the handheld device if you are using the adapter even at 15.1v(car on) but it may not be completely accurate as stated above. The worst i've seen it go is 0.3db off from TL readout.

Solution- either use the adapter with car off or just use 2 AA batteries instead if you need utmost precision.

The company is currently looking into it but is doubtful if current models will be fixed unless a new car adapter can fix the issue. Best bet for utmost guaranteed precision is to use batteries.

ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO BOUGHT METERS-

I have been doing some testing to see if i can discover any problems that users may come across and i have so please read below even if you do not think you are effected!

USB Meter-

This is the meter that runs off of a laptop.

IF you are using WinVista or Win7, your readings may be VERY HIGH or it may be uncalibrated.

There is a fix in the works right now! If you are victim of this, please PM me so i can send you the fix once it's sent to me.

LCD Meter-

This is the handheld device that requires no laptop.

The noise floor on this device can reach at, over 120 and possibly over 130dbs before it starts to read anything IF AND ONLY IF you are using the 12v adapter WHILE the car is running!

The internal power supply was not meant to be ran like this and is accepting interference which will elevate the noise floor considerably!

If you are measuring pressure above the noise floor, readouts are pretty much dead on the TL, BUT some variances can cause the calibration to be off 0.1-0.3db!

It will not hurt the handheld device if you are using the adapter even at 15.1v(car on) but it may not be completely accurate as stated above. The worst i've seen it go is 0.3db off from TL readout.

Solution- either use the adapter with car off or just use 2 AA batteries instead if you need utmost precision.

The company is currently looking into it but is doubtful if current models will be fixed unless a new car adapter can fix the issue. Best bet for utmost guaranteed precision is to use batteries.

:orly3::fing34:

i tried sending it via email but it got rejected... Too big of a file I guess, lol.

Try UPS next time. Duh.

ANOTHER UPDATE-

To ALL of those who received USB meters, they are NOW compatible with WinVista and Win7!

PM me for the update.

To ALL of those who received the LCD meters, the interference problem has been resolved when using the 12v adapter with the vehicle on!

I will be receiving the new 12v converters in 2-4 weeks from now and anybody who needs one, just pm me and i will ship it out to you for free.

Any body have any problems with the SPL-viewer program not detecting the LCD meter computer shows new hardware attached but dont know where to get the drivers for it at

Pmed. I didn't want to post a link to another forum for the solution.

no problem. I've been playin around with these meters to try and make them not work so i can troubleshoot issues before they happen to others.

I've got all issues i've forced problems on answered just in case issues happen with anybody.

So hopefully, there should be no unknown issue arise anytime in the near future...

Just wanted to let everyone know that purchased USB and USB Pro and RTA meters-

We are currently looking into having an optional upgrade to make these meters go WIRELESS!

We are both in the research and testing phase but we hope to have this successfully completed before the end of this year!

Just something new to set us apart from the competition.

Oh and also, anybody that also uses these meters with winvista or Win7, your calibration is wrong. You must be using vB3.0 for full compatibility.

PM me for the updated software package that works with all versions of Windows.

If someone can make a video worse than man... oh my god....

Anything is an improvement over mine.

I think the only thing worse than my video is recording a MIDI, lmao.

Just trying to get the actual name out and not have it so generic sounding. lol.

Just trying to get the actual name out and not have it so generic sounding. lol.

No problem, the next video's will be corrected.

At least you can see in detail what these are doing though. :)