shizzzon

The Official SPL-Labs SPL Meter Group Buy Thread

Text Sent.

hey lil brother... me and regina plan on heading down there this weekend, i will hook up with you after we get settled in.... probably saturday.....

the meter with the lcd will be fine.....

i will seek your advice once i near that 165 for a upgrade, lol......

chop

Well, been busy for the past few weeks...

For anyone who may have been keeping up with us or do not know..

SPL-Lab USA is now leasing a small inventory of meters now.

Basically, a user pays full price for a meter and when the product is returned within the signed timeframe, that user will receive a large portion of their money back.

No other company in car audio that we have ever heard allows customers to do this so we thought it would be the best way to get the product out there for those still skeptical on using something other than Termlab.

And don't let the name Termlab fool you.. It is not the only reliable meter in the world...

Other leagues are starting to seek other alternatives.

For information on leasing one of the meters presented on the official website from the owner of SPL-Lab-

SPL-Lab

please email me at shizzzon@gmail.com

Good idea! i may have to get in on that. wish i was able to do my last set up and compare to this one..

Can you give any numbers on costs and what's returned?

Sure. Of course cost slightly vary with what meter is leased..

The usb meter being the cheapest one will have the cheapest leasing price.

This meter will typically be the meter of choice to get leased since it requires a computer to operate so similar to a Termlab.

The general overview is this-

User signs a document and emails back to me.

User leases for a term of 30 or 60day.

User pays for price for meter before product has been shipped out.

Once term is about to expire, user must ship meter, usb cable and anything else in the package on time.

If warranty or lease is not void, user receives ~55% of money back for 60day, ~75% of money back for 30day.

All details are outlined in document that must be signed prior to product shipment.

Shizzzon you have a payment for a meter bro... thanks.. :dancing:

Just letting people know. SPL-Lab USA's website is up. www.SPLLABUSA.com

Quoted from Shizzzon.

"We currently have 1 LCD meter that we are considering to be B stock for the following reason-

The battery compartment is malfunctioned and is not getting a good connection inside which severily throws off the pressure reading...

However, when using the supplied 12v adapter that comes with the meter, the lcd meter reads perfectly fine.

So, the user will not be able to use batteries with this meter. This is the only problem.

Normal cost of a new LCD meter is - $449 shipped.

We are selling this 1 B-stock LCD meter for $419 shipped.

$30 off normal pricing."

This measure has a new firmware for selectable time in averaging mode from 10sec to 4min in 10second intervals.

I have been enjoying using my meter, has worked great and is certainly a nice attraction when at audio shows and i am walking around with my laptop and measuring peoples cars!!

Getting there!!! I have some funky pups on their way, but i think santa lost my address!! :ohnoes9::dancing::captain::attempt::peepwall::ehh::rofl2::fing34::roflmao:

To Everyone in the group buy last year that purchased an LCD meter or USB Pro(dual sensor)-

We are about to have custom carrying cases made SPECIFICALLY for the USA ONLY.

This product is not manfactured nor affiliated directly with SPL-Lab in russia.

Therefore, we will provide no warranty on carrying cases but they are built tough!

If anyone is interested in these carrying cases, please PM me and I will ship you one based on what meter package you had purchased.

It MUST be either LCD or USB Pro ONLY!

Group Buy SSA members who want these cases will pay what we pay for them!

BIG UPDATE!

We are about to change the way the meters are secured to the windshield!

A new version of suction cups is being imported at the end of next week and we will be posting pics of the new design.

ALL owners and future owners of our meters will have or have the opportunity to get the new suction cup design FREE of charge.

Why are we doing this?

Every now and then, customer may complain of the suction cup not sticking for extended periods of time and the cup needs to be cleaned off or re-sealed because they are held in via screws that are drove through the suction cup.

What is going to be new with the new design...

Well first off, let me explain about how they currently are...

Because the screws are drove through the suction cups, it creates a massive air leak which prevents the cup from sticking.

So to combat this, silicone is poured into the cup to seal it off...

The problem with this is the silicone only lasts for several months for continuous use..

This is unacceptable!

So, here are all the benefits of the new design-

SCREWLESS DESIGN!

This design is engineered in a way that part of the cup will "pop" into the casing and once locked into place.. cannot be removed unless you physically cut the cup in half!

These new suction cups are fitted perfectly to our current meter housings.

SEAMLESS DESIGN!

The current suction cups have a seam on every cup. This can potentially create an air leak under the cup because the seam doesn't help keep it attached to a surface.

PULL-TAB DESIGN!

This allows the user to pull the suction cups off the glass via a small tab rather than prying your finger underneath the cup everytime.

Doing this can cause scratches in the cup which can make it weaker and sometimes if in a hurry, pulling the meter off the windshield could actually rip the cup right off! Not anymore!

RESISTANT TO SUNLIGHT!

This doesn't play too much into the usage of what our users use them for but the feature prevents heat buildup from around the suction cup and prevents the heat from interfering with the suction.

Nice fix!!!

Although, I think this is a record for me of how many times I read the word "suction" in one post! LOL

Ok guys.. Who is ready for another GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPL-Lab is about to come out with their SEVENTH pressure sensor...

Yes, SPL-Lab now has 7 different pressure sensors now...

SPL-Lab has spent a LOT of money in production of this new device and in about 45-70days from now, SPL-Lab will then be ready to ship out the orders to the USA.

So, what is this new meter?

It is the first one of it's kind! You will not find this anywhere else on the planet....

A pressure sensor that is accurately calibrated from 130-180dB, completely wireless!

Bluetooth controlled!

Range = OVER 300FT! (direct line) Plenty of transmission strength to prevent drop off signal.

Internal battery, Li-ion 800maH. 3hrs of continuous play time.

Can be charged back up via usb cable...

Meter can STILL be used while charging via usb cable.

How can you access this meter?

This is where the fun begins :)

From a PC\Laptop

From your Android TABLET!

From your Android CELL PHONE!

SPL-Lab has already written it's software for the Android market, completely free to download and free updates for life!

Here are some pictures of the meter-

wbm2.jpg

And i know you guys want to see this....

Comparison of SPL-Lab Wireless Bluetooth meter VS Termlab-

So.. we know all about the meter now, so what's the price?

It just gets better :)

The Termlab goes for $649 + shipping...

IT's wired and requires multi external hardware units to operate...

This device is wireless, calibrated to the accuracy of the Termlab(and all of SPL-Lab's meters are as well), and our software that is used for this wireless meter on BOTH PC AND Tablet\ Cell Phone will be able to control up to 2 wireless meters at once!

The software is very visual, nice vivid colors and a ton of user capabilities along with a new update coming soon that will make you faint... (i hope not but possible).

RETAIL Pricing of this meter = $599

MAP Pricing of this meter = $469 (this is the pricing it will always be sold directly through SPL-Lab USA)

Group Buy Pricing = $250 NOW, $159 once products have been shipped into the USA and inspected and tested.

Total Group Buy price- $409 per person!

All Group Buy customers NEED to have their upfront cost of $250 sent to ME by no later than Oct.10th, 2011!

Again, to be a part of this group buy, Send $250 between now and Oct.10, 2011 to ME.

After that, we will request the other $159 once your product has passed inspection and will be delivered within the US 2-4 transit days.

Paypal address - shizzzon@insightbb.com

DO NOT PAY AS A GIFT!

You are making a business deal and paying as a gift is ILLEGAL and unsafe for transactions that involve materialistic items.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask..

Here is a video of the software in use.

This is showing VERY basic usage of the software.

Realtime, Peak Hold and 30sec averaging.

Here is another video showing SPL-Lab software capabilities currently in more detail.

(Yes, there is 30sec averaging built into the software but I didn't want to record 30sec straight to show it)

REMEMBER!

Group Buy ENDS OCT 10th, 2011.

Please do not forget!

Someone asked me this and I noticed it wasn't posted here so here it is-

EVERY Meter that is purchased through SPL-Lab USA, including this group buy, carries a 1yr warranty period.

I will start the warranty period for group buys approximately 1 week after your order has been shipped out for delivery.

only 23 days left! Bluetooth meters will be sold out and not restocked until beginning of next year..

Good deal Sean, but I gotta wait till next year bro.

Going for a epic install and I'll need a meter for tuning.

david told me about it! And it does sound awesome, man!

im going to opm you shizzon once im done with work, i might buy one just have acouple of question to find out which of the models will fit best in my application since im not a hardcore competitor