Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeW.Kush

10'' DCON enclosure help

Hey people I am going to be getting 2 DCON 10's for under the back seat of my pickup, and I know that the optimum recommended ported box is 1.25 @ 33hz after displacement, so my question is, since this will be in a pick up under the back seat, with the subs forward firing and the ports are going to be on the sides of the box firing into the doors, what type of port should I use, aero ports or slot ports. Also if I should go with aeros, what size and what length, and if I should go with slot ports, what dimensions, also I say a guy on here that put his DCON 10 in a 1.3 cu. ft. box @ 33 hz, what advantages and disadvantages will I see by going with this size over the 1.25 recommended?

Port style is up to you. I tend to use slot ports, but everyone has different preferences. As for the Dcon 10, you can easily go smaller then the 1.25 and still have excellent performance. As for the 1.3, you really are not going to notice a difference over the 1.25.

well I am looking for super loud and super low also I have the room for the recommend 1.25 so i think that is what I will do, also will one style port be better that the other when it comes to port noise

What style music do you listen too and what amp to power the pair of 10"?

If you can fit the 1.25ft^3 and tuning around the 33hz you will need a 3" aero with a length of 12.8". I would recommend a pair of dual 4 ohm and wire the coils in parallel to 2 ohms and then the pair of woofers in series to get a 4 ohm load. Your amplifier power at 4 ohms will be a nice combo with a pair of DCON's.

Man thanks very much this has to be one of the best if not the best forums I have been on, from the quick informative responses to the straight forward right to the point answers, you guys really rock, thanks!!!

Just be smart with the gains and HU settings, as 500 watts per Dcon is really pushing it. So pay attention to them to make sure you are not over driving them or reaching thermal limits.