gadgeteer123

Best songs for xcon demo's

of course its part of what your installing, but when you say "part of the install" you generally mean how its installed, elects, and so forth. a box is more than that. it cant just be generalized into that big of category.

trust me, most of you guys bashing are newbs. ill just leave it at that. who said that an in car peak frequency doesnt change. lol not me. ive got more experience in here than all of you newbs with systems and setups.....

you know why i always bash you guys?? because seriously guys like jaycee, alton, duran, julian etc. etc i can go on are all noobs that jag all over the mods and agree with them to bash me because you dont know shit yourself and are trying to get COOL points with the mods. this whole forum is turning into noobs. when i first got here, id read up on good material and took notes on great threads but nowadays it seems that every post is by some dummy who dont know shit, talking shit.,

yeah but you mentioned install and vehicle will determine everything which is of course false information. the box would be more important than any of those in terms of hittin lows.

Stealth, please chill out, name calling and being combative is not how we run things here. There is nothing wrong with a spirited debate or disagreement as long as people keep their heads and use factual information and sometimes have concrete examples to back up their statements. Take Impious' (Brad) posts in topics of disagreement, he goes point by point and throughly addresses each thing with experience (not just saying he has experience), the science or laws behind things, and sometimes factual calculations and examples to support his argument. I am not at all saying everyone needs to be as knowledgeable and skilled as Impious (if that were the case we would have less then 10k posts on here ;) ), but we strongly prefer people take a much more scientific approach to each and every topic or question. THAT is what really sets the SSA forum apart and above all other copy-cats, plain and simple. People get pissed at ///M5 (Sean) all the time, but he is extremely consistent on working towards taking a logical and scientific approach to every problem or topic presented, that is the only way to really head in the right direction to reach the desired goal, what ever it may be.

This above quoted post is very inaccurate. Install includes the enclosure/box and all equipment. The vehicle's resonant frequency will have a great deal to do with the end result. The positioning of the box (also part of install) will effect the end result. The gain settings, the HU settings, crossover settings, processor settings (if there is one), sound deadening applications and amounts, port and cone firing direction (also install), and so on. In reality, there should be no one single most important thing. Every aspect that can be controlled, with in reason and/or budget, along with how they effect each other, needs to be taken into consideration when working towards extracting maximum performance regardless of the focus or purpose of the install.

Consider in the SPL game where people with far lesser expensive and lower power installs are putting up just as good if not better numbers then people who just think >> big cone + big amp = autowin. :Doh: The first group of people are taking much more into consideration and using all parts they can to their advantage.

All of this has to be combined with testing in the particular vehicle/install.

Nobody claim to know more than anybody or to be anyones friend on here, stop getting your panties in a bunch because people disagree with you. Its just a forum and reality, it happens (nobody has to be on your side or agree with you all the time, thats just what it is). I could go on further but no point, you let your true emotions just show and that was enough for you (if I knew everything I wouldnt be on here :peepwall: ).

Eh at least he spelled my name right; your entitled to your opinion Stealth, express it as you wish.

OP: There really is no "Best" song for a certain woofer, you need to look at all parts of your installation to see what songs will perform best, it's subjective too ie. people like the sound (or feel) of different frequencies so there is no good answer we can give you.

when i first got here, id read up on good material and took notes on great threads ...

Where are those notes now? Doesn't look like you retained much info.

you can look on the internet and find the old IASCA test cds, FOCAL reference disc, SHEFFIELD LABS, USACI test and tune disc.

Disc like these will give you all the range any stereo can handle. (SQ and SPL)

My Favorite is the Focal Reference disc, not cheap, but then again, worth it !!!

If you really want to test your system to its limits, get you a VERY GOOD recorded pipe organ music disc. You will locate all your problems in a matter of minutes. Just a suggestion, Hope this helps ...

when i first got here, id read up on good material and took notes on great threads ...

Where are those notes now? Doesn't look like you retained much info.

haha your the very one. trust me, i still got them notes. but guess what, i have never since my years here took a note from something you posted. i never see any posts of yours worth my time.

Eh at least he spelled my name right; your entitled to your opinion Stealth, express it as you wish.

OP: There really is no "Best" song for a certain woofer, you need to look at all parts of your installation to see what songs will perform best, it's subjective too ie. people like the sound (or feel) of different frequencies so there is no good answer we can give you.

wow the first person to give info on the topic other than me and denim. good job. everyone on this thread was just talking shit to the op before they tried to talk shit about me. +!

Nobody claim to know more than anybody or to be anyones friend on here, stop getting your panties in a bunch because people disagree with you. Its just a forum and reality, it happens (nobody has to be on your side or agree with you all the time, thats just what it is). I could go on further but no point, you let your true emotions just show and that was enough for you (if I knew everything I wouldnt be on here :peepwall: ).

haha, dont get me started on you. you= :noob: ..... also acceptable is :bull:

Hey bro I totally dig your steez, could you like send me pics of your cock and shit?

Get that sand out please, it's becoming annoying.

Hey bro I totally dig your steez, could you like send me pics of your cock and shit?

you got PMd.

Stealth Haha I may not be the most well versed person with ca but I am deff not a noob, atleast I can admit when I'm wrong and learn from it.  

I'm kinda wondering why this post for voted down :/

I'm kinda wondering why this post for voted down :/

i think someone was just going around dowing everyone else's posts... i upped a couple of them to 0..

this thread is crazy.

Dearest stealth,

You've worn out your welcome and inflicted my wrath. You may not talk to our users, our moderators or our administrators or owners the way you have done in your very, very short stay here.

In other words....

59176623.jpg

Small Town Audiophile... if you still haven't gotten the answer you're looking for.... :ohnoes9: