Jay-C76

2~15" Icon's Build

Glad you got that sorted.

Nice box wish I had better wood working tools but I spent all my funds on steel working tools are car detailing tools. 

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Glad you got that sorted.

Never again will I put asphalt in any of my vehicles. It actually is a lot cleaner now. I spent another 4 hours on it and my shoulders are wrecked from wiping this crap off.

21 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Nice box wish I had better wood working tools but I spent all my funds on steel working tools are car detailing tools. 

Thank you. Between my work tools for sheet metal & my play tools for wood working I have my fair share. If you ask my ole' lady she says "do you really need all this crap?" I reply there's a tool for every job.

55 minutes ago, Jay-C76 said:

Never again will I put asphalt in any of my vehicles. It actually is a lot cleaner now. I spent another 4 hours on it and my shoulders are wrecked from wiping this crap off.

Thank you. Between my work tools for sheet metal & my play tools for wood working I have my fair share. If you ask my ole' lady she says "do you really need all this crap?" I reply there's a tool for every job.

Yea my nephew just graduated from, Nashville auto and diesel tech school, and he spent 20k on a tool box, and another $20k to fill it, but man is it some nice stuff. Snap on ain't cheap, but you know what they say, good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't no good! It was part of his tuition money.

Love it.

9 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Looking good!

:thanx:

Pretty damn clever, me likey.

On 5/3/2010 at 9:36 PM, Jay-C76 said:

Oh, we have rocks too!

Harrison is one giant gravel pit with 3 rivers flowing into the Ohio.

There's Dandelions all over the yard too! LOL

My kids always pick em' before they bloom.

(Hillbilly weed control! LOL)

Nice enclosure.  Your not very far away from me at all.  Milford ohio is where I'm at. 

Woah, very cool!!!!

Thank all of you guys for the compliments! Still have a way to go on this lil guy too....lol

9 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

Nice enclosure.  Your not very far away from me at all.  Milford ohio is where I'm at. 

Yep, I've spent the past year doing the sheet metal hvac out at Mercy Anderson Hospital expansion too. But where I live is just outside of Harrison.

Going to have to let me hear it when you get it playin.  Im just right in hamilton

20160925_182557.jpg

Now for the best SQ sub SSA has ever rolled out hands down.

20160925_182910.jpg

20160925_182930.jpg

20160925_182917.jpg

In it's new home! But it's lonely...lol

20160925_190452.jpg

56 minutes ago, Jay-C76 said:

Now for the best SQ sub SSA has ever rolled out hands down.

I totally agree ... LOVED my first run of Icons  ... smooth with outstanding low end extension

the newer version left me diss appointed

nice design , I bet that cap really improved things :phatyo:

The response on the older version of the icon is intensely accurate! After hearing numerous sizes of the redesigned icon I would have to honestly say the design should've never changed mechanically.

I wish that I could get an identical recone for the one that I have now that I bent the coil on by being stupid & careless.

I hope to get a video of this posted up soon. Aaron I hope you're open to the idea of bringing back this model of the icon. It truely is a masterpiece & I am very proud to own one!

6 minutes ago, Thumpper said:

I totally agree ... LOVED my first run of Icons  ... smooth with outstanding low end extension

the newer version left me diss appointed

nice design , I bet that cap really improved things :phatyo:

Thanks Trevor! Your advice a long time ago to try these out was the best piece of advice you ever gave me on a subwoofer.

These icons are why I proudly represented SSA everywhere I ever went. If I had another chance to buy this identical model brand new I would do a build with 4 of these and do shows again.

Holy crap this digs deep. I even get roof flex with one 15! It's been 2 days now on 2200 rms @ 2 ohm. I've been real careful not to have the over excursion that I had with the last set up. I gotta get a video of this up soon.