Sign in to follow this  
pulidoa

need amp help

well my 160a2 rockford amp is not working so i opened it up and found that a resistor was blown it was brown around the area it was in.

I think i can fix it but i dont now what part it is i need there are so many different resistors. The one on the amp has four band the out side ones are like a brown gold color and the middle ones are some dark color.

You need to find the color code on it. But a word of warning resistors don't really fail to much if at all, it was more then likely another component that failed and caused the resistor to burn. Chain reaction type thing.

what do u thing tripid it and the color code is like a goldbrowinish color for the ouside bands and the in sides are some weird dark color

Take a nice pic of the resistor in question. Like was said previously something had to go before hand to send too much current through the resistor to blow it.

Take a nice pic of the resistor in question. Like was said previously something had to go before hand to send too much current through the resistor to blow it.

how do i post pictures i can only post url cant figure out how to attach photos