zZZzzzSnooze2nd

Quad L5 Kickers For stage, Plan.

(2x) Quad L5 Kickers in a 24cu.ft @ 18Hz, For Stage use. Could use L7 or Solo X! Oh yeah, No SoloX in 15" size. But for the L5 with 3,000w@2-ohm x2 with Peavey IPR 6000. Talking weight here so will be rolling Quad Subs. Let me know whats on your mind good or bad.

4556246876_c98bf348c3_o.jpg

4556246950_c7f270fc04_o.jpg

4555617403_34d53e37be_o.jpg

4556247200_98e19d1f15_o.jpg

Edited by Snooze

L5's are louder......

I like it though!!

Sorry if I don't quite see what you are trying to build. But is that a port at the top of the box going out of the back? But then the full picture it appears to me to be sealed..?

im thinking the port might be down the middle between the 2? im confused on the design aswell

im thinking the port might be down the middle between the 2? im confused on the design aswell

Yes port is on the top, It was at the bottom but wheels are going there so i flipped it. Port is really wide and only a inch high.

Sorry if I don't quite see what you are trying to build. But is that a port at the top of the box going out of the back? But then the full picture it appears to me to be sealed..?

So, maybe i should center the port, Huh? I wanted a tune of 18Hz that's why it is thin.

Will those be on a permenant stage, or for a traveling band or something? They look to be VERY heavy ...

For a stage I'd might tune alot higher for accoustics rather than just raw bass drivers ... just a suggestion from an old school DJ.

I really dont have much to add but...

Maybe after you are done with those, you can give them to the homeless to live in! Those things look like tanks!

Definately tune higher, 18 Hz is waaayy to low. That tuning is only loud in something with room or cabin gain, which there is none outside. Look into some pro audio drivers on www.parts-express.com. A lot of tuning I see seems to be centered around high 60s to low 70s for outdoor use.

I really dont have much to add but...

Maybe after you are done with those, you can give them to the homeless to live in! Those things look like tanks!

^ :nothingtoadd: hehe

Tuning that low for outdoors isn't functional; but indoors in a medium sized room....... :peepwall:

1 inch wide port?? your not worried port noise? am i missing something here :puzzled:

:woot: speedcats

L5's are louder......

Umm, not sure where or why you think that, the L7's are definitely.

*unless they made some major change in the past 6 months*

And DEFINITELY tune WAY higher. WAY.

Why made you go with kicker? If i read correctly your going to tune 18Hz, i see a rebuild in your future man :( a little close to double that should be nice ;)

What ever using the old "black Widdows" we used back in the day ?? :lol2: them 15s used to rock!!

Still, tune higher, atleast 40hz.

No need to tune that low.

Only if you would use it for Home Theater.

Also make the port wider, because if you have a 1" thin port it will have port noise.

Atleast 4 inch wide for the 4 L5's.