flipzslick

20.1 output help

I have two ia 20.1's pushing two ia dp 21's currently I have one sub on one amp@1 ohm. But I'm only geting 1400w @ 14.3v. The impedance rise is is going up to 2.58ohm. I was thinking about rewiring them to 2 ohm and strapping them. Would that help get more power out of them? Or?????

Thanks for any help

Definitely strap those IA 20.1's! You may be able to wire them @ .05 ohm and be fine especially with impedance rise.

Ok thanks!!

Edited by flipzslick

Does any one have any experiance runing them strapped at .5 ohm? At .5 the imp rise is 1.58. I'm trying not to blow them lol. I don't want to only get 2800w out of them either. If I can get closer to 4kw I'll be happy!

Don't strap them at .5 ohm. You're just asking to fry the amps. That's the same as .25 ohm each.

i thought if strapped at 2 ohms you would get 3600 watts at 12 volts

at least that it what it says on the ia site

i have the old ia 20.1 but havent had the electrical yet to back them up

Ever heard the saying "Six of one, half dozen of the other"? Very applicable here.

There is no difference between a 1ohm load on each amp individually and strapping them at 2ohm. It's the same thing.

Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order? :)

Uhh yeah can I get a half dozen nuggets? :huh:

Sorry sir we only have 6, 9, and 12 chicken nuggets available. :neil:

:Doh:

Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order? :)

Uhh yeah can I get a half dozen nuggets? :huh:

Sorry sir we only have 6, 9, and 12 chicken nuggets available. :neil:

:Doh:

hahahahah ah that got me laughing on the beginning of my work day....

i ran mine strapped at .7 for the last 3 months with no problems whatsoever.... i dont know what the rise went up to tho..... dont be skerd

Just an update strapped them to .5 @14.4v clamped them at Still could only get 2800 out of them. Come to find out the RCA inputs on on came apart : (

O well I'm going with 2 Memphis 4kws. Triving to get over that 55 mark. Lol : )

Just an update strapped them to .5 @14.4v clamped them at Still could only get 2800 out of them. Come to find out the RCA inputs on on came apart : (

O well I'm going with 2 Memphis 4kws. Triving to get over that 55 mark. Lol : )

You need battery power man..Your trying to do the impossible and expecting huge results just not going to happen without several high cranking amp batteries..You need 5,000 amps minimum for what you got and what your trying to do..Your enclosure is 80 percent of your total sound if its not right your not going to get much out..Also an upgraded alt does wonders too..

It takes power to make power you know.

I'm running a strapped pair at .35 daily dont be troubled i've been talking to nick about the same thing its not your nominal impedance but its your reactive impedance the overall ohm load that the amp sees after rise i have been team ia for almost a year now so those amps have been running .35 for almost a year now AND NO PROBLEMS i saw 4825 at 1.1 ohm rise for burp and 1.9 ohm rise music @3940w all day check the stats marylands loudest trunker is sponsored IA running 2 20.1 s daily @ .35

I'm running a strapped pair at .35 daily dont be troubled i've been talking to nick about the same thing its not your nominal impedance but its your reactive impedance the overall ohm load that the amp sees after rise i have been team ia for almost a year now so those amps have been running .35 for almost a year now AND NO PROBLEMS i saw 4825 at 1.1 ohm rise for burp and 1.9 ohm rise music @3940w all day check the stats marylands loudest trunker is sponsored IA running 2 20.1 s daily @ .35

Ya the amps are Great but Im sure you have a few batteries to go along with them..Very durable amps Great clean power..

yes that is the catch i do i have 3 batteries runnin the strapped pair its always been safe practice .u gotta have power to make power.

yes that is the catch i do i have 3 batteries runnin the strapped pair its always been safe practice .u gotta have power to make power.

Yep couldnt agree with you more..

I had 4 kinetik 2400's on them so voltages wasn't the issue. Now I have 8 batts on the 4kws, there straped@2 ohms and we clamped them at 10597w!!!! On 14.8v

putting it on the meter tommarrow, have to replace the windsheild ( rock chip < 2 Ia dp 21's)lol. And the sunroof broke : (

I had 4 kinetik 2400's on them so voltages wasn't the issue. Now I have 8 batts on the 4kws, there straped@2 ohms and we clamped them at 10597w!!!! On 14.8v

putting it on the meter tommarrow, have to replace the windsheild ( rock chip < 2 Ia dp 21's)lol. And the sunroof broke : (

Awesome man those are some Bada** amps if I might say so myself..

Yes sir down side gotta have ALOT of battery power