gadgeteer123

noob entering spl competition.

So I am going to a sound competition on sunday/may 2nd, and I am planning on entering into the street beat sb4 category, I know its just for consumers, but everyones gotta start somewhere, plus my car needs better electrical and a better amp to do anything more challenging. So does anyone have any tips for me. I have read the USACi rules already, but i'd like some tips from the more experienced. I have a ssa 15" xcon hooked up to a hifonics 1610d amp. let me know :)

you might be in street beat 2 ... 1 15 - 8 points per vehicle.

need more description of your vehicle.

I thought street beat 4 was for 15" subs. I have a 1992 buick century station wagon, with a stock 105 amp alternator, 1 extra 55ah battery, 0 gauge wire, and the big 3. the rear speakers are in there own enclosures. the cd deck is a kenwood excelon x991, with monster cable rca's. I was readin and it says ""Only commercially available music may be used for judging (no burned cd’s). Music must contain a discernable bass beat or rhythm. (Must be music). Music with intentionally extended bass tones will not be allowed. This will be evaluated by the head judge"" what about mp3's on a usb drive. I don't own any cd's at all. I have some cassette tapes lol.

here is a pic of my car

800px-Buick_Century_wagon.jpg

Also here is a link to my youtube video, there are more vids just look at my channel.

You qualify for Street Beat 2 according to USACI. Best of luck to ya sir !!

The thread you had that got very heated earlier, This is real important: You need a CD that plays your VEHICLE PEAK FREQUENCY !! That note needs to be very strong for 30 seconds. what is your box tuned to ??

my box is tuned to 29hz and it peaks in that area. between 30-40hz is where it hits the loudest. I have some good songs that are really loud, on my mp3 drive, should I just pick the songs that I think is the loudest and then go buy that artists cd? I wonder why we can't use mp3's/burned cd's? just copyright?

I listen, to techno, euro-dance, rock, classic rock, oldies. But the best music songs that hit hard are rap. i'll post in 5 minutes what songs sound good, i have to get it from my car.

copyright laws, hidden test tones etc, Its competition ... there are rules sir ...

Do you have any Pink Floyd ??

The song that hits the hardest I think is oj_da_juiceman-old_school_cars, Also Hurricane Chris - Hand Clap and lost - gorilla zoe ft lil wayne, hit really good also.

I have all of pink floyd but its not on cd. The only cd I have at all is avril lavigne cd i bought almost ten years ago. If it needs to be a legit cd I will have to go buy one when I get paid tomorrow. Hopefully I can find one of those songs at walmart. There isn't any near-by best buys or anything like that.

I can stop at a bigger store on the way to the show, but i dont want to risk not being able to find a cd when I am almost to the show.

the note has to last for 30 seconds, the problem with rap is the notes go up and down, up and down, etc. not good for street beat.

Try pink floyd - the divistion bell, delicate sound of thunder, or Dark Side of the Moon. find a note to last (you will know it when you find it) it should be around 40 hertz.

I know welcome to the machine has a good beginning bass note. So the bass really can't go up and down? I thought if you where competing with music all is ok just as long as there aren't any sine waves. because old school cars has a awesome note for this sub at the beginning that keeps switching between two notes for the first 40 seconds.

oh ya bme click. that song is awesome :) I have heard it on the xcon when it was still hooked up to my home stereo and it was awesome, I can only imagine it in my car :)

I'm only giving suggestions ... But from past experience ... best of luck to ya.

I'm only giving suggestions ... But from past experience ... best of luck to ya.

well thanks :) I'm gonna try bme click right now and hopefully its awesome.

the term lab runs for 30 seconds, you play your music, blow your horn, game starts. If the music drops off by mistake, chances are it will hold your lowest score if you are not careful. Thats why for a beginner I suggest notes in music that stays steady for a longer period of time. But, you live and learn. good luck.

well bme click is loud, but the bass doesn't even start until 32 seconds into the song... are you aloud to pause the song right before the bass starts?? I think old school cars hits just a little bit harder, old school cars has more intensity it just shakes your body and the doors. But bme click sure found the resonance freq. of my rear mirror, Ive never seen it move the much.

well listen to old school cars on youtube and tell me if thats good enough?? if I can even find a cd for that. edit-- also what if my radio shuts off during a test? because my radio does shut off if the song drains enough power. my voltage goes down to 10 volts at idle if its all the way up.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

the object is not to make you car rattle, thats why people dynamat ... your objective is to let the meter read the best signal possible.

ya I know its not supposed to rattle, but I dont have the money for that. i have the hatch sound proofed, but the rest of the car is normal.

honestly, you might want to stick to test tones ... sorry ... then again, well try and see ...

Pick up the CD Kings of Crunk by Lil Jon and the EastSide boys.

Play the track BME click :)

This!, my 12" does a 143.1 Streat beat (bass race) on this song. but like stated beofre evry vehical is different. just make sure the bass doesnt stop during the 30 seconds! u need to play the bass the entire time to get a good score. if mr weber is there tell him anton says hi. lol

where is the comp anyways? probly milwauke... too far for me.

but I don't think street beat accepts test tones. Is there a other class that my car would have a chance in, that accepts test tones?