gadgeteer123

noob entering spl competition.

I told you in your song thread that you needed to put you vehicle on a term lab and experiment and find the cabin peak frequiency. thats why I just suggested to run in spl class instead of street beat. try too hard and overexert your system and you've wasted alot of money. go to the shows and watch ... not many new people compete in street beat.

but I don't think street beat accepts test tones. Is there a other class that my car would have a chance in, that accepts test tones?

for usaci they rate you on your 4 ohm amp power for all your amps. so, what amps do you have in the car and what are their rated 4 ohm power? then you will be entered into classes that way. they will help you out when you get there. just try out a few different ones. have fun and meet people. you will learn ALOT at your first show!

I have wanted to hook my car to a term lab since I got my license back, but I have no clue where to even access one. I live in the middle of no where, and I dont even know where I would find a term lab..

I'm thinking that you would be in stock 0-600. Normally you will get two runs, most people will use the first to find the peak, then the second run they will play that note, or around there.

I agree Anton, USACI shows are a blast ... they help in any way possible.

So my amp at 4-ohm is 550rms so I would be just under the 600 mark. So the 0-600 class should be fine. So would I be able to use a 20hz-60hz sine sweep that I have on my mp3 drive? or should I just borrow a copy of the usaci test cd?

all amps, not just your sub amp ...

USACI uses their own dics ... except in Street Beat .

well my speakers amp is 100rms at 4-ohm and its a 4-channel, but i'm only using two of the four channels. so that would up me to 950rms. Couldn't I just take out my back speakers and amp so that i can be in the lower class?? The amp is mounted to the back of the seat and the speakers are just in some wood box's, so I could take it all out in ten minutes..?

yea that will work. Is you box below your window line? I can't tell.

ya its below the window line. just barely. it says no modifications aloud, so does insulation inside of the rear hatch count?

your fine ... best of luck sir ... Please let me know the outome.

ok thanks :), it says the parking brake must be applied during testing... My e-brake sticks badly, my back brakes are already gone from the last time i touched it. I bet if I applied it i could push the car because the brake drum is shot. and my mom would kill me if I got the pedal stuck to the floor again.

I could push it half way down??? the e-brake light comes on even if its 1/5th of the way down, so should I just put it half to the floor??

notify them of things like that before you pull up to the lanes. they will work with you. get it fixed before a regional event if you plan to go.

I'm not going to anything regional until I get my amp and alternator upgraded. This is just for fun and to see how loud it goes. But hopefully I win :) :), probably not but it would be cool. the xcon is a beast of a sub.

well i'm gonna be gone for a few hours, so if anyone has any other tips let me know.

oooh, I love the smell of breaking in subs today lol. I can really tell that the xcon is breaking in, it is starting to move a lot of air and is now making my doors push outwards, and I can easily smell the glue that he used on the carpet on the inside of my box. :) Some more breaking-in to be done later tonight. I can't wait until I can afford a sundown amp.

So about when you mentioned it being below the window line, it looks like it might be about a inch above the window line, is that bad???

i believe it changes your class or something :puzzled:

how is it not a good thing??? the entire inside of the box smelt like that before I even put the sub in for the first time. I was actually halfway inside the box for about 20 minutes wiring the lights.

That smell you love is not a good thing.

Thats exactly what I was thinking...

:suicide-santa:

Just think about it dude, if you are getting the coils hot enought to melt the glue WTF?

what about the glue inside the enclosure?? its only on the deep notes when I can feel the air move do I smell the glue. The entire inside of my enclosure is carpeted. When I said I could smell it I was basically saying my subs where really starting to break in and hit deep.