gadgeteer123

noob entering spl competition.

what about the glue inside the enclosure?? its only on the deep notes when I can feel the air move do I smell the glue. The entire inside of my enclosure is carpeted. When I said I could smell it I was basically saying my subs where really starting to break in and hit deep.

I see recones in your future.

But I looked it up on google and it seemed common to smell glue on new enclosures. especially when the entire inside of mine is covered in glue. Plus I could smell the glue stronger a few days ago its starting to go away now.

Is there a difference to the smells? it doesn't smell like burning, it just smells like glue. and it is only when there is a lot of air movement.

I think yours is not a problem now if you smell burnt rubber thats a problem otherwise no. Or if your sub stop sounding the same as in output like less but if it is increasing the output your in no harm.

ya, i'm increasing in output. I'm hoping to do good at tmrw's competition. So what class should I go in if my box is 1"-2" above the window line?

If you remember, I told you to test tone it first, and try not to play something your systen might not can handle.

Rap music is not something you want to use for break in music.

I'v never smelled my coils in my system, and I compete in every show possible. SQ and SPL ...

Well i have been playing a mix of everything, from pink floyd, to lil wayne, to techno, to an occasional test tone. I turn it down every once in awhile. It has been sounding awesome so far, and gets louder every day.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Your going to have to find your exact peak before you can street Beat well. So tomorrow, instead of competing Street Beat, do MOD 0-1000. Ask for the disk and play track 18, it should be a sweep as long as it's the official USAC disk. Then they will tell you at what Hz was the loudest. You will get a second run, on the second run go to the corresponding track on the CD to the Hz you peaked and play it.

Once you find your exact peak, post it on the forum asking what good SB songs have the same peak. I am sure we can find a good one.

Any other questions PM me, or even better E-Mail me at aseanj1243@yahoo.com

all amps, not just your sub amp ...

USACI uses their own dics ... except in Street Beat .

I've never heard of this, maybe in SQ this is true. But I know for any MOD/Stock class it's bassed off the 4ohm output of your bass amps.

well I know I won't even have a close chance in mod 0-1000. but I guess for the practice. Hopefully i'm not laughed at....

well I know I won't even have a close chance in mod 0-1000. but I guess for the practice. Hopefully i'm not laughed at....

You'd be VERY surprised as to what can do well at a show.

First place in MOD 0-1000 a few weeks ago was like a 144.x, just depends on who enters the class.

ok who knows then, I have heard of a some guy who has a xcon in a blazer with my same amp and he hit 143db I think I'll go check.

ok who knows then, I have heard of a some guy who has a xcon in a blazer with my same amp and he hit 143db I think I'll go check.

Anything is possible man.

Once you get started going to shows you will get hooked, and you will feel the need to be louder and louder. lol

what???? more hearing loss..? lol. this xcon already hurts my ears.

bassahaulic ... All amps are counted.

this is from the rules ... please read ...

USACI OUTLAW SPL GENERAL RULES

DIVISIONS:

Outlaw SPL divisions are based on the configuration of the system and vehicle. Specific

guidelines for each division will be discussed in their respective sections of this book.

POWER CLASSES: See Appendix A – Power Class and Division Limitations

AMPLIFIERS DEFINED:

One amplifier is considered one power supply, one system board, driving 1 or 2 channels. A 3-4-

channel amp would be considered two amplifiers. A 5-6-channel amp would be considered three

amps and so on. A single heat sink with more than one power supply or system board may be

considered more than one amplifier at the discretion of USACI.

A car audio system’s total wattage shall be determined by the highest manufacturer rated output

divided by the proper number to ascertain the 4 ohm power output, or the manufacturer’s 4 ohm

rating, whichever is higher. If any amplifiers rating cannot be determined, that amplifier will be

moved to the highest power class in that division until such time as a rating can be determined.

USACI reserves the right to independently test any amplifier to determine the true RMS power

rating and reclassify that amplifier as needed.

An audio system’s Sound Pressure Level will be measured using an approved sound pressure

level meter. Software for this test must be the current version of the USACI Outlaw SPL

competition compact disc. The director of the USACI event will provide a disk in case the

competitor does not have his own disk.

The SPL judge will be responsible for making sure the SPL meter is set up and functioning

correctly.

Edited by Cablguy184

Well I'll be dipped in shit and rolled in bread crumbs........ someone will know where that's from. ;)

You is correct. :)

Just to add, the rules also state that additional amps can be in the vehicle at local events, at the judges discretion.

yea, thats correct

PROPER POWER CLASS:

A competitor may not compete in a power class other than the one that his/her total system

power dictates. The exception to this would be the unlimited or “OPEN” power class

Any and all amplifiers within the vehicle under test will be included in the system’s total power.

This sum will not include the power, if any, of the systems source unit (radio, cassette tape or CD

player) unless it is actively driving a speaker or a group of speakers. All amplifiers in the vehicle

must be operational and actively used in operating the sound system during testing or be

physically removed. At local events amplifiers may be left in the vehicle provided the event

director has the ability to definitively determine the amplifier is not in use.

Competitors whose systems include amplifiers that are not manufacturer rated, are modified

internally, or not commercially available will be required to compete in the unlimited power class

of their respective division.

I went into modified 0-1000 class, and I got a 142.6db at 41hz in the passenger kick panel. I only got 3rd though.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

I went into modified 0-1000 class, and I got a 142.6db at 41hz in the passenger kick panel. I only got 3rd though.

Thats actually not bad witha box tuned low like yours is.

Seems the XCONS really like 40hz. Would prolly wang if you tuned to 40.

not bad at all! i bet it was a blast! congrats on that. did they give out trophies for 1st through 3rd? one of the usaci shows i went to they onyl gave out paper for 2nd and 3rd and 1st got a trophy... I was like WTF!! Good thing i got first, lol. but yea, congrats and look forward to seeing you at a few Wisconsin shows this year!

ya i got a sheet of paper. There was a guy with 6-15" subs in a truck in my class I forgot what subs they where, but he had a incriminator audio amp. heres a pic of his

100_0403.jpg

And here is a pic of the loudest guy there. and this box is sealed. He did 159db.

100_0408.jpg

WTF is that Cactus Sounds...thing? A battery?

WTF is that Cactus Sounds...thing? A battery?

3 batteries... and they are held in place by a bungee cord!?!?!?! lol

and the car looks like a talon or eclipse. but idk...