invecs

My Ghetto floor enclosure...LOL

actually..a decent job.

how's it sound?

IMO, not a bad job, and because it's different, i like it.

but, again...how's it sound?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks!

It sounds pretty good tonally. The midbass is excellent specially for a 5". I really like the way it images and stages. Center image from the driver side is a litlle bit on the left of the center of the dash but it's ok since my left most boundary exceeds the left pillar and the right most boundary is at the right pillar so my center image is spot on. The depth is far out on the hood. I'm pretty much happy with it...atleast now I have good imaging for both sides.

:lol:

Haven't seen it done with a component set before ... interesting indeed.

I think it looks good.

ive seen it done b4, some guy on ca.com has his mids on the floor. i'd actually like to hear how it sounds.

as long as theyre not in the way and sound good, thats all that matters. gj.

I should try that in my friends car.

His xovers are right under the seat, makes for an easy wiring swap

Reminds me of that guy that mounted his sub inverted on the floor in the back of his truck and people laughed at him till he took down all the pictures of the install and left the forums.

Not saying anything agianst your install, yours looks like you did a good job.

:lol2: i remember that

It was a true IB install though

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

azbass,

Yup. It's a dyn system 220 mkI. I used to have a dyn 240 mkI. swapped out the passive to a dyn x250...still didn't work...then swapped a dyn 5" mid, worked better. Tried again the mkI passive xover, worked the best.

I'm very happy on how it performs. I have never heard anything like it and I've heard alot of high end stuff out there. I'm never going back to a door mount. I have good tonality and imaging in just using a 2way. If I went with kicks, my midbass response would suffer because the driver is in a very small enclosure and does not have proper airspace. Going 3ways wasn't an option since I want to keep things simple and go passive. Most 3 ways have the midrange crossed at a high frequency so imaging and staging will not be good...unless ofcourse I run them full active.

It's really worth the effort. I might try redoing it sometime using a mix of mdf and fiberglass. In this enclosure, I used marine grade plywood...to prevent rotting when people with wet shoes step on it. But mdf has better damping qualities. I had alot of problems controlling enclosure resonance which colored the sound big time...I was really disappointed at first. Goodthing I did some research. I put a 3" vent under the speaker and added deflex pads and alot of non hardening clay which did the trick. My midrange right now is very transparent. Never heard it to perform like that when I had them in doors.

They don't get in the way. Promise. They don't get step on. Legs just arch over the speakers.

so wait, dennis are you saying invecs is PerryB?

oh and I think it is a great idea if the sound is to your liking

denim,

Perry is a different guy. His install is where I based mine. I did alot of research and took the plunge, good thing I did.

just saying it was a similar install. both are cool.

denim,

Perry is a different guy.  His install is where I based mine.  I did alot of research and took the plunge, good thing I did.

o ok :fing34:

just saying it was a similar install. both are cool.

:Doh:

works here too, look great on craftsmanship