Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

Making your own bass knob?

Well it's not really a bass knob. It's just a knob but i want it to control my sub, the output level of it. And it is not in car audio it is home audio.

Edited by cheese20323

well a simple P.O.T. on the Gain would work...

i think

Oh so i get that Potentiometer and wire them to sub outs or what. And the potentiometer to the knob

Edited by cheese20323

You wire the pot on the rca, not on the power output

But it is not just a mono amp it is like 5 channels how about like a converter or something?Or is it just too hard?

But it is not just a mono amp it is like 5 channels how about like a converter or something?Or is it just too hard?

I think it should work the same way on a 5 channel if you just put a potentiometer on the RCA's.

Not really related, but in Steve's T15K Escalade build, he put a RF bass knob into the lighter socket, and made the lighter into the bass knob. I thought that looked awesome. I'm going to attempt to do it on my Explorer.

you can do that but i want it just for the bass not the whole amp? You guys get me?

you can do that but i want it just for the bass not the whole amp? You guys get me?

I get you, does the amp have separate inputs for front, rear, and sub? If so then you should be fine, just put a potentiometer on the RCAs for the sub.

see that is the problem it just has the speaker inputs for the subs ther terminal not know rca?

How much power are you using on your sub, and what impedance is the sub?

You want an L-pad, but you aren't likely going to find anything cheap for a low impedance or that will handle high power.

I have 1 sony amp that is wire to 1ohm and gives out about 300rms. And an oldschool fisher that gives out 200rms at 8ohm and 350 at4ohm not 1 ohms stable.

Huh?

You said you were using a single 5-channel, then listed 2 different amps?

No im saying i can use either of them. But im thinking of using the fisher for mids and highs and the sony for just subs? Oh i think i got it now if i use the sony and get the rca thing the P.O.T.S i can run it through there and that would be my sub level right?

Yes, if you use a separate amp you can just get a variable line-level attenuator to put on the RCA's going to the subwoofer amplifier.

alright so i got the p.o.t.s and wanted to know that all i do is cut the rca's wire them to the pots and connect everything back together and the rca would work normal. Just want to know before i ruin an rca cable.

I think it should work the same way on a 5 channel if you just put a potentiometer on the RCA's.

Not really related, but in Steve's T15K Escalade build, he put a RF bass knob into the lighter socket, and made the lighter into the bass knob. I thought that looked awesome. I'm going to attempt to do it on my Explorer.

Can you give the link for Steve's T15K Escalade build?

Steve's T15K Escalade build

Edited by The enD

Steve's T15K Escalade build

Haha steve meade is a pimp, yea i like his setup and where his bass knob is, i second, i want to do that to lol

That's just a variable frequency bass booster. That won't cut all bass out if needed.

I always recommend this.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep.php?prod_id=446

It goes inline with the RCAs, and gets power ground and ACC power. It will also boost your output RCA voltage up to 7.5 VRMS

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep.php?prod_id=446

i have one of these.... my cousin used it and broke one of the sets of rcas, so i took some male rca's about 3 feet long n soldered em to it. plugged the males in the h/u and my reg rca's to the other. thats only cause im cheap and didnt wanna pay for a sundown one

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1770955/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046