sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

if your going to go smaller i would go to 2.5 depending on power, but you will have the problem of the 10s, i mean you could try and have them cover the top half of the spectrum they would need the cross overs on the amp set higher than the 15. running the same freq. through the 15 and tens will throw every thing off tho

if your going to go smaller i would go to 2.5 depending on power, but you will have the problem of the 10s, i mean you could try and have them cover the top half of the spectrum they would need the cross overs on the amp set higher than the 15. running the same freq. through the 15 and tens will throw every thing off tho

Thanks for the input. What you have posted was kind-of the idea we had in mind when we were going to port the 15. We are going to be running a seperate amp for the 10"'s & 15". We will be able to adjust the crossover points for the 10's and the 15. Possibly 15 @ 25-60Hz and the 10's @ 60-90/100Hz. Specs on sub amps is 2200@1ohm, of course I understand this is not real-world power.

I would recommend letting the 10 go a little high in the range if being used for mid bass. I would go 60-150 or maybe even 200. That will depend on your front stage and how strong of a presence the mids will have there. Keep up the good work. It is all trial and error when making boxes.

Edited by ChaosWarlord26

I would recommend letting the 10 go a little high in the range if being used for mid bass. I would go 60-150 or maybe even 200. That will depend on your front stage and how strong of a presence the mids will have there. Keep up the good work. It is all trial and error when making boxes.

Thanks for the input! We will continue...

you got the right idea sefugi

I know sometimes ideas don't always work out, but we will try...

The Enclosure situation has gotten to me a little, but we have continued to work and the CARPET is in! :fing34: The following pics will show the carpet and interior as it takes shape. Don't think when you order carpet that it just fits. Lots of triming is needed but patience will help the most.

This picture is after triming carpet for about a half hour just to get it in the car..

img2480j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Back seat is in..

img2481zx.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

img2482z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

img2489m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Lots of triming needed...

img2488r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

img2492q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Triming complete on right side and ready to install kick-pod...Don't have anymore sound-deadening at the moment but have some ordered to deaden the back of pods.

img2484d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

img2483m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Right side pod installed. Sorry should have vacuumed.

img2491m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

On the left pod-these screws were not fun to get in..

img2493sr.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Left pod installed-Damn that is close to the clutch pedal, won't be driving with big boots on...

img2494h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

img2496a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-13

Will be working on getting the center console in today and try to upload pics tonight. :drink40:

sweet looking good nice job on the carpet

Thanks! It will come together once we get the center console in.

We got the center console in last night and here it is. Well a quick shot of the whole interior before we set it in.

img2498l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

OK here is the center console installed from a few angles

img2503bo.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2507d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2505k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2510k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

Picture of the rear seat area. Even with the 8" coaxials installed still has factory look.

img2511n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

Now for some pics of the interior in the dark. We tried to put a little custom touch on it.

img2504z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2506s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2508l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2509n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

Here are the mods in the rear seat area..

img2513v.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

img2512c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-14

Hope the results were what you guys were hoping of, We really like it!

I bet you guys are HAPPY to see the interior coming together!!biggrin.gif The carpet looks SWEET!!

I bet you guys are HAPPY to see the interior coming together!!biggrin.gif The carpet looks SWEET!!

Thanks and You know it!

:woot: , this build logs gets better ever time you post a picture.

great job so far!!!! :drink40:

:woot: , this build logs gets better ever time you post a picture.

Thanks!!! More to come...

great job so far!!!! :drink40:

Thank You!!

We thought that the interior might get a few more responces than what we received, but hey it is just an inside of a car. Thanks to the guys that responded. :drink40:

We have now started the building of the battery rack, just 2 extras don't know if that counts as a rack? This will also be the support for the (on paper) idea for the amp rack. Will be working on the amp rack this weekend. Here's were we are as far as the battery rack. The batteries will be mounted on the metal support behind the rear seat because it bolts in and can be removed for disassembly and give good strenght for supporting the plate that the amps will mount to.

101709010.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

101709011.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

101709012.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

101709013n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

101709014.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

101709015.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-06-16

I realize that I'm a little late, but the interior turned out sick :drink40:

car looks great man.

Wish my father was into cars and car audio like this when i was youner

watch out for that fatmat though. I recently had to call them cause my fatmat extreme has been falling off the doors and melting. Have yet to get a response back from them.

I realize that I'm a little late, but the interior turned out sick :drink40:

Thanks!

car looks great man.

Wish my father was into cars and car audio like this when i was youner

watch out for that fatmat though. I recently had to call them cause my fatmat extreme has been falling off the doors and melting. Have yet to get a response back from them.

Don't tell me that.....what a horror that would be and to have any company not to respond to being contacted. That pisses people off! I hope you resolve your fatmat issue and I hope ours stays on. Thanks!

the amp/battery rack is lookin good. What are you going to wrap it in, or are you guys just gonna paint it?

As far as the not to many people commenting, its summertime SO NOT as many people inside on the internet.wink.gif

the amp/battery rack is lookin good. What are you going to wrap it in, or are you guys just gonna paint it?

As far as the not to many people commenting, its summertime SO NOT as many people inside on the internet.wink.gif

Your right, my bad. We are going towards painting the battery rack and amp rack. Going to be a odd shape I think to fit all the items(to much stuff very little room) and my son wants most everything in the back to be black. We will be using some neon and LED's and we think the effect will be better shining off a glossy black surface. Thanks!

Looks great. Keep it up. Wait, I just realized that you have two tweeters. I know you said a three way set up front. Where are the other tweeters coming into play?

EDIT: I mean two sets of tweeters lol on the dash and pods.

Edited by Nirvalica