sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

Very great work, you inspired me to go through with getting black leather seats. :fing34:

Any stores you recommend?

Also, where'd you them blue LED lights for the interior?

Also, fuck the haters.. your project is just amazing. You're not just installing a system.. you're building the WHOLE thing from scratch

I bet your son is going crazy seeing this all come together.

Nice job Dad!

Thanks! Son got his license a few days ago and yes I think he does like it.

Very great work, you inspired me to go through with getting black leather seats. :fing34:

Also, fuck the haters.. your project is just amazing. You're not just installing a system.. you're building the WHOLE thing from scratch

Thanks!

Got our seats on E-bay. Leather you will have to search a little.

LEDS from here http://www.oznium.com/prewired-leds

The prewired are great to work with and draw very little power.

LED modules are super nice

Prewired superflux are very bright

Check out their site, prices are very fair, shipping is cheap and quick, customer service is excellent!

Thanks!

Check out their site, prices are very fair, shipping is cheap and quick, customer service is excellent!

I'm interested in these LED's. How exactly do u wire them?

Thanks!

The 5mm LEDS come prewired(+ & -) you just wire them parallel just like you would wire subs. When usind the 3 and 5mm prewired LEDS you can use a bunch, they draw 20mA each. Go to the site http://www.oznium.com/prewired-leds and check out the customer questions section on that page and it will answer most all questions you might have. They offer many different types of LEDS for all kinds of install spaces. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

The 5mm LEDS come prewired(+ & -) you just wire them parallel just like you would wire subs. When usind the 3 and 5mm prewired LEDS you can use a bunch, they draw 20mA each. Go to the site http://www.oznium.com/prewired-leds and check out the customer questions section on that page and it will answer most all questions you might have. They offer many different types of LEDS for all kinds of install spaces. Hope this helps.

Ok, so i would just run it to my battery right? and would 18 gauge speaker wire work for all my wiring needs? (I have a shitload of that)

And btw, i was checking out oznium for about an hour last night and their products look really solid. Glad i read ur post.

Thanks!

Ok, so i would just run it to my battery right? and would 18 gauge speaker wire work for all my wiring needs? (I have a shitload of that)

And btw, i was checking out oznium for about an hour last night and their products look really solid. Glad i read ur post.

Yes connect to battery + & - May want to think about a switch of some sort for on/off control. 18 gauge wire should be fine. We have about 25-30 leds on one circuit at this point off one of the switches in the center console. We have been very happy with Oznium for their products and service. Glad I could post something to help. Good Luck with your light mods!!

Thanks!

Yes connect to battery + & - May want to think about a switch of some sort for on/off control. 18 gauge wire should be fine. We have about 25-30 leds on one circuit at this point off one of the switches in the center console. We have been very happy with Oznium for their products and service. Glad I could post something to help. Good Luck with your light mods!!

Thanks for the help. Just bought 8 red LED's and the red rocker switch because of you.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help. Just bought 8 red LED's and the red rocker switch because of you.

Awesome!!!!! Put up some pics when you get them in I'd like to see them. You will be happy with them and will want more they are addictive especially once you get the reactions people have!

Clearcoat (4 coats) turned out pretty good, little trash in the roof in front of the sunroof. Will have to resand that section and reshoot that part. Otherwise good to go. All the body kit has been cleared with 4 coats, but I'll spare you guys all the pictures.

img3207.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3208a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3209f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3210p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3211ot.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3213y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3214.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3215i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

Thanks for checking out our project and we will be waitin' for this to dry a few days and getting setup to move forward with assembly and STEREO in the hatch area! :woot:

This looks insane! Very nice! Daumn.... Love this color blue.

Thanks for checking out our project and we will be waitin' for this to dry a few days and getting setup to move forward with assembly and STEREO in the hatch area! :woot:

This looks insane! Very nice! Daumn.... Love this color blue.

Thanks so much for the kudos! Only a few people other than the SSA forum has actually seen the car since it has been painted, so it's good to hear the feadback. More to come!

Have you guys even thought about running it without the body kit? These cars have killer stock lines, and I think your two-tone scheme would really set it off. I'd love to see this car in person; I'm really diggin' that blue!

Have you guys even thought about running it without the body kit? These cars have killer stock lines, and I think your two-tone scheme would really set it off. I'd love to see this car in person; I'm really diggin' that blue!

Never had the stock peices, we found and bought the car as a basket case and the previous owner had gutted the interior, thrown out the original body components and had purchased the body kit and torn the motor apart. There was actually more brought to our house in the back of a pickup than with the car itself. Got a great deal, and received a great challenge.

previous owner did the first half for ya and you werent stuck with all the leftovers. plus a great deal thats whats up lol

previous owner did the first half for ya and you werent stuck with all the leftovers. plus a great deal thats whats up lol

Definatly did not have much to take apart, that was all done.

Thanks!

Awesome!!!!! Put up some pics when you get them in I'd like to see them. You will be happy with them and will want more they are addictive especially once you get the reactions people have!

Will do!

But im definitely not looking forward to wiring these lol

Edited by Maddenkid2011

After reading alllllllllll 20 pages, what a read might I say. This thread made me laugh alot, have my jaw dropped alot, and make me sad alot, lol.

I know I don't talk much on this forum (more of a reader, and my knowledge base is not as wide as some of yous on here lol but I am learning!) but this thread is def one of my favorites for the sole reason that my dad and myself never got along, for very dumb reasons. After we actually finally settled our likes (I know it sounds weird but we were so much alike we'd clash alot) little over 3 years ago, he took a buy out from fords and left his job there and finally when we started getting along he got diagnosed with ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease shortly after leaving his job at fords. Now he can't talk, walk, not even feed himself, pretty much bed ridden unless he's in his electric wheel chair, sucks not being able to do anything really with him. I would've loved doing something like this with him.

Props to you sefugi, seriously, not every dad has this privilege and vise versa with your son.

trink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.gif

Edited by LuckyChalmz

Thanks!

Will do!

But im definitely not looking forward to wiring these lol

It will take a little time, but be well worth it. :fing34:

After reading alllllllllll 20 pages, what a read might I say. This thread made me laugh alot, have my jaw dropped alot, and make me sad alot, lol.

I know I don't talk much on this forum (more of a reader, and my knowledge base is not as wide as some of yous on here lol but I am learning!) but this thread is def one of my favorites for the sole reason that my dad and myself never got along, for very dumb reasons. After we actually finally settled our likes (I know it sounds weird but we were so much alike we'd clash alot) little over 3 years ago, he took a buy out from fords and left his job there and finally when we started getting along he got diagnosed with ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease shortly after leaving his job at fords. Now he can't talk, walk, not even feed himself, pretty much bed ridden unless he's in his electric wheel chair, sucks not being able to do anything really with him. I would've loved doing something like this with him.

Props to you sefugi, seriously, not every dad has this privilege and vise versa with your son.

trink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.giftrink40.gif

Thanks so much for the kind words, I think it is important that no matter how old we become that there is always more to learn. As I feel sad about your Dad's siutation with his illness I am also thankfull that you and your Dad were able to come together even if it was for a short time. Those times are very special. My prayers go out to you and your Dad, and may the Peace of the Lord be with you.

Very nice progress! I love that color blue as well!

Keep the pics coming.

Very nice progress! I love that color blue as well!

Keep the pics coming.

We have been working on a few things, will have some updates to post this weekend.

OK so most of the painting is completed and we have started some of the assembly of the car. We still have to clearcoat the hood and we are going to reclear the spoiler, probably next weekend. Got the new door handles, and installed them. (major pain) Also install the fuel inlet and fuel door, adjusting the fuel door was no fun either. Here's a couple of pics.

img3230j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3231b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3234d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3232.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3233n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Got the power antenna installed as well...

img3235.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Do have a few more updates, but got a take care of a few things this morning for the wife, so I'll update some more later today.

Now time to move to the rear bumper.... This is the blank slate of the rear of the car.

img3244.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

My son trimming the mesh screen in the bumper around the muffler as we are fitting bumper to the car.

img3249c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3250.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Splash guards for rear bumper. We fitted them as best as possible due to the difference in the aftermarket bumper and the oem. Turned out good and gave the rear bumper a little support on the sides.

img3257t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3259n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Mesh screen on passenger side of rear bumper and the screen my son trimmed to fit the muffler. Wasn't going to install screen on muffler side but my thought it would be much better and I think he was right.

img3363.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3362.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Sound deadener on license plate and plate trim.

img3367e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Backup camera and LED replacements for the tag light.

img3365.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Couple of shots of rear bumper installed and rear tail lights. :woot:

img3261c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3262y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3366a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Man have I missed a TON, but it sure was fun to see all the progress all at once! :fing34:

Man have I missed a TON, but it sure was fun to see all the progress all at once! :fing34:

Thanks! You havn't missed anything, just seems like it since the project is actually starting to look like something.