sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

Now that the rear of the car is done on the outside we think it is about time to start putting together the hatch area. Some pics of the components going in the back.

We got the hatch panels installed. If the rca connections look a little weird they will make some sence once we start getting the sub enclosures installed.

img3267.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3268g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3269v.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Here are the subs. 2-10's and 1-15.

img3306j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3308d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

Amps will be as follows-2 4channels and 2 monoblocks.

img3321z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3322.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3323a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

img3324s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-31

beautiful work! A+! as far as the woofers go IMO get rid of the 10s, give the 15 some more cubes and port it...maybe look into a PWK encosure for that vehicle. The guy is amazing and will give you exactly what your looking for. I understand if you wanna keep it the way you got it no matter what its awesome!

looking forward to seeing some tunes in here.

:drink40:

Hopefully if all goes well we will in the next 2 weeks.

beautiful work! A+! as far as the woofers go IMO get rid of the 10s, give the 15 some more cubes and port it...maybe look into a PWK encosure for that vehicle. The guy is amazing and will give you exactly what your looking for. I understand if you wanna keep it the way you got it no matter what its awesome!

Thanks for the kind words. Your right the 10's with the 15 has been some controversy, since the enclosures were origanally designed to fit together in the hatch and made from fiberglass we are sticking with it for now. Who knows we may rebuild at a later date.

The rear bumpa' looks clean. :fing34: The tower style amps are interesting, I can think of all kinds of different ways to mount them.

ALMOST time to start enjoying the car!!!!!

The rear bumpa' looks clean. :fing34: The tower style amps are interesting, I can think of all kinds of different ways to mount them.

ALMOST time to start enjoying the car!!!!!

Thanks! Rear turned out good, if rest of body kit goes the same we will be in bussiness. My son choose the tower amps because they were different. With the amps standing up I'm a little sceptical if the mounting feet will hold up. Still a lot to do...

wow, this car is sick! NIce work

Thanks! We are pretty happy so far.

I am with everybody else and love the blue color as well. Paint looks great!

:popcorn:

I am with everybody else and love the blue color as well. Paint looks great!

:popcorn:

Thanks!! The blue did turn out well for the conditions. (old fart, in a home garage, no experience, and an excited teen)

I just looked at all 21 pages and NICE i cant wait to see it all done this build makes me want to go work on my project ! :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

I just looked at all 21 pages and NICE i cant wait to see it all done this build makes me want to go work on my project ! :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Thanks for the comment!! Now, go get to work on your project.

just read the entire thread and have to say kudos.

on the work and the time frame that you are getting it done in. most builds stretch for waaaay longer

2 thumbs way up

Thanks for the comment and :fing34: Had a little advantage at the beginning because a lot of stuff we had ordered ahead of time and with my schedule we have been able to stay steady working on it. More in the works!

Looking really good :drink40: I haven't been able to see the updates for about 2 weeks but you guys are making great progress :fing34:

Looking really good :drink40: I haven't been able to see the updates for about 2 weeks but you guys are making great progress :fing34:

We are steady at it. Should have some updates in the next few days. Thanks!!!

OK So here we go on the install of the audio that belongs in the hatch area....

Wires for the 15" in place.

img3288s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

15" sub enclosure in place and secured to bottom of spare tire well.

img3281a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

10" enclosures predrilled and ready.

img3283e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

10" sub grills predrilled.

img3284l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

10" enclosures installed and secured to hatch floor.

img3292g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

img3294k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

10" subs installed.

img3295q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

img3297c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

img3298a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

img3315q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

More to come....

Holy hell man that is awesome! I'm loving the enclosures and those woofers are killer!! :popcorn::drink40:

Holy hell man that is awesome! I'm loving the enclosures and those woofers are killer!! :popcorn::drink40:

Thank You! We don't know yet if the enclosures will produce the sound we might want, but they have given us the look we wanted.

believe it or not..i just read through this entire thing..this is a pretty awesome build..and it being father and son build makes it even better..great job!

Starting to get things together that we have planned on for a few months now. Here are a few of them as we progress with the hatch install.

The spider/speaker grilles for the tens in place.

img3299e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

This is a shot of the base that will partially support the amp rack and the neon tubes that will glow below the amp rack.

img3317.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

We did not like the spider grilles the way they were so what can you do??? Mod them!!!!!

picture125c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

What we did was drill through the spider eyes and mounted red leds to shine through them and mounted 2 blue leds under the body of the spider that will glow off the sub. Black silicone was used to keep the red light from shining on the subs and focused directly through the drill holes.

picture126q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

We tied in some spiral wire from the spider grill to its power connection to keep up appearances along with rca connections for a smooth transition to the hatch.

img3302gn.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

You can see in this picture how the spiral wire and the rca connections really help the look.

img3316.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

believe it or not..i just read through this entire thing..this is a pretty awesome build..and it being father and son build makes it even better..great job!

Thanks!! You read it a lot faster than we have built it LOL!

Here are a couple quick not so good pics to give you an idea of the leds in the spider grilles.

img3304l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06

img3305y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-06