sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

What part of Florida yall in? I'm in Tampa and it's freezing balls outside now.

Bummer on the bumper. Looks like you had a reverse cam on there in the pic, what happened? :ughdunno:

Your son is still enjoying the car I am sure, lucky kid, as you said he earned it. :)

So what is the purpose of the backup camera you have installed?????? :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

sucks though, hope you get it fixed up nice and good... ;)

Edited by Shogen

What part of Florida yall in? I'm in Tampa and it's freezing balls outside now.

We are in Pensacola, and yes it is the same here!! I hate the cold!!!

Bummer on the bumper. Looks like you had a reverse cam on there in the pic, what happened? :ughdunno:

Your son is still enjoying the car I am sure, lucky kid, as you said he earned it. :)

Yeah, problem was not with the camera but a brake and clutch foot malfunction. MAJOR BRAINFART!!

We all learn from our mistakes, or at least try to..

So what is the purpose of the backup camera you have installed?????? :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

sucks though, hope you get it fixed up nice and good... ;)

Good Question...Doesn't matter if camera is on or off, if you don't hit the brake. :suicide-santa:

lmao... Well I'm glad that this doesn't stop you guys from moving forward... Def a build worth watching... Fast and the Furious type..

Atleast nobody got hurt. bumper is an easy one, its the rear quarters that suck.

lmao... Well I'm glad that this doesn't stop you guys from moving forward... Def a build worth watching... Fast and the Furious type..

Hell I thought we were done other than a few little things here and there...

Atleast nobody got hurt. bumper is an easy one, its the rear quarters that suck.

Yes you are correct on all the above, I was amazed that there was no damage to the quarters.

:ohnoes9:

:ohnoes9:

You know it!!

Dang man, that sucks. Unfortunately we all have to make mistakes to grow and learn. Doesn't sound like you were too hard on him. :drink40: to you!

At least we get some more pics. :popcorn:

Dang man, that sucks. Unfortunately we all have to make mistakes to grow and learn. Doesn't sound like you were too hard on him. :drink40: to you!

At least we get some more pics. :popcorn:

Yeah it does suck, but as you said we all make mistakes and we grow by learning from them. I was proud of myself for keeping my cool. Grasshopper was over the evening that it happened, and said after the dust settled that he would have lost it. I had been preparing myself for this type of thing to happen and I guess I was ready. I will be waiting for the weather to warm up a bit before I put the mend on the bumper. To bad it will be cutting into the time I wanted to use for my project. :shrug:

:peepwall:

looks good more pics

Thanks!!! What I really need to get up here is some vids!!!

Awesome build. I just read through the whole thing and I should've checked it out sooner. Too bad about the bumper though.

I was wondering how it sounds. Did you close up the tiny port for the 15? And how does everything sound together?

just stayed up for like 6 hours and read this entire thread. i have many things to say. but its like 3 am and i need to sleep. needless to say i couldnt wait till i got to the next page. your attention to detail is outstanding.

and major props to your son for having the patience to get through the whole project without giving up. its a lot of work and gets very overwhelming at times. Ive done a few projects with my dad too, painted my pickup all by lonesome. just letting you know i understand (somewhat) how much work you guys have done to get to this point. something to be proud of in itself.

once again. great job. i know Im late but i had to comment. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it, im sure a lot of others do also.

Awesome build. I just read through the whole thing and I should've checked it out sooner. Too bad about the bumper though.

I was wondering how it sounds. Did you close up the tiny port for the 15? And how does everything sound together?

Yep the bumper was/is a bummer...

Overall I think it sounds good. Great, no! We are thinking of going back passive, just havn't been able to find that sweet spot with the settings.

just stayed up for like 6 hours and read this entire thread. i have many things to say. but its like 3 am and i need to sleep. needless to say i couldnt wait till i got to the next page. your attention to detail is outstanding.

and major props to your son for having the patience to get through the whole project without giving up. its a lot of work and gets very overwhelming at times. Ive done a few projects with my dad too, painted my pickup all by lonesome. just letting you know i understand (somewhat) how much work you guys have done to get to this point. something to be proud of in itself.

once again. great job. i know Im late but i had to comment. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it, im sure a lot of others do also.

Sorry the thread grew to such a size that it took you so long. Yes my son was very patient throughout the build. Thanks for the comment, even though the build is completed it gives us the "we did a good job" that we were hoping for. Thanks again, and Welcome to the SSA forum!!

This is one of those epic rare logs, everything done right, no cutting corners, father & son work, every detail perfect.

Definitely cool to watch from the beginning to finish, and additions here and there :P

This is one of those epic rare logs, everything done right, no cutting corners, father & son work, every detail perfect.

Definitely cool to watch from the beginning to finish, and additions here and there :P

Thanks! Funny you should speak of additions, the POS hu that we picked out has been very buggy, so we have a new one on the way. Also gives a chance to get rid of the cheap EQ we installed and I beleive we will be going back passive on the front stage. Just havn't been able to dial it in (of course the HU probly hasn't helped)

We are pulling out the HU and the EQ. Here is a pic of what's coming out...Both items were not very good quality and it shows.

img3945v.jpg

By sefugi at 2011-02-25

This is what was delivered today, hoping to get it installed tomorrow.

img3943t.jpg

By sefugi at 2011-02-25