sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

Wow!

While the car is a bit too "ricey" for me, props to you guys for building the car YOU want, not what everyone else thinks is cool. That's what hot rodding is all about.

Wow!

While the car is a bit too "ricey" for me, props to you guys for building the car YOU want, not what everyone else thinks is cool. That's what hot rodding is all about.

THANKS! To begin with my son wanted a late 60's classic car possibly an Impala, but after lookin at a few he quickly understood how hard it is to find an older car that is not all rusted out and if it is not all rusted out how proud people are of them....hence the move towards an import (rice-rod). :D

Looks good man.

rice-rod ...... I like it!

Lot of sanding over the next week. Big production next weekend. Weather permitting...

:drink40: keep up the good work! i wish i had a project like this going. Should be a great feeling once it's done, for both of you.

:drink40: keep up the good work! i wish i had a project like this going. Should be a great feeling once it's done, for both of you.

Thanks! The great feeling will hit me when the paint work is done! What an undertaking in a 2 car garage.

damn to bad i didnt know you were looking for a classic b4 u started. i've got a 76 caprice(same as impala) all original very little rust. it was perfect body until about 2 weeks ago had a hit and run but it did alot more damage to his car lol. it caved in my rear quarter panel but it can be knocked out. and like a month ago windshield got cracked at a concert. and im a cheap guy i woulda let u have it for less then a grand. lol but its my daily driver. he will like the eclipse more anyway with the prices of gas. thats what i hate about a v-8. props on the outcome of the car. are u going all black with it now? or just on top?

damn to bad i didnt know you were looking for a classic b4 u started. i've got a 76 caprice(same as impala) all original very little rust. it was perfect body until about 2 weeks ago had a hit and run but it did alot more damage to his car lol. it caved in my rear quarter panel but it can be knocked out. and like a month ago windshield got cracked at a concert. and im a cheap guy i woulda let u have it for less then a grand. lol but its my daily driver. he will like the eclipse more anyway with the prices of gas. thats what i hate about a v-8. props on the outcome of the car. are u going all black with it now? or just on top?

We were lookin' in the 67-69 models of Impala, Yeh I voted for the import, cause untill he gets a source of income Dad will be putting gas in it. The black and blue combo was the idea from the start. Thanks for the comment.

We were lookin' in the 67-69 models of Impala, Yeh I voted for the import, cause untill he gets a source of income Dad will be putting gas in it. The black and blue combo was the idea from the start. Thanks for the comment.

Every time i see a new post by Sefugi i get excited and check it.. but... i keep seeing theres no new pictures :[

Been a little while since the lst update. For the last week we have done nothing but wet sand. Yes sand, did not like the finished results of the blue on the car as compared to the body kit parts. We desided to wet sand the car and reshoot the blue before we move on to clearcoating.

If you are checking out this post and are tired of seeing pictures of the paint progress just think about how tired we are of seeing it in person. My son commented the other nite-" I'll run wires, solder, anything, but I don't want to sand, tape or paint anymore!" That makes 2 of us. We are liking the results but the rode to get there is a tough one.

Pics of the wet sanding....

img2980.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img2981m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3042.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3046p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3047j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3051i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3052r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

Now it is time for a good bath....

img3056.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3057q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3059.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

img3060h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-24

More fun!!! Now we have to retape the whole car.

I detest body work. I grew up in my old man's body shop and he always put me to work. Hated it.

I detest body work. I grew up in my old man's body shop and he always put me to work. Hated it.

Yep, It started out fun, but the fun has worn off. If we get through this weekend we can move on to some cool, fun stuff again.

Nice progress!

I also hate body work! Nothing worse than sanding and sanding some more!

Thanks! Reminds me of GroundHog Day!

All taped up and ready. Hope this is the last time taping.

img3192v.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3193w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3194.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3195a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

Got the compressor running and mixing the paint. Time to shoot...

Got the blue re-shot, had good luck and no trash in it this time. This stage done and moving to the next...

img3196j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3197g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3198.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3199b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

Picture doesn't do it justice, but it has a great shine!

img3202x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

LOL!! My son and I look like 2 Oompa Loompas!

Seeing the car outside the garage sure makes it all worth the work.:) looks like your on the homeward stretch with the paint anyways.

Untaped all the black and preping for clearcoat. No turning back now. :ehh:

img3203f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3204r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3205f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

Let's get to clearing!

Clearcoat (4 coats) turned out pretty good, little trash in the roof in front of the sunroof. Will have to resand that section and reshoot that part. Otherwise good to go. All the body kit has been cleared with 4 coats, but I'll spare you guys all the pictures.

img3207.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3208a.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3209f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3210p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3211ot.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3213y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3214.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

img3215i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-07-25

Thanks for checking out our project and we will be waitin' for this to dry a few days and getting setup to move forward with assembly and STEREO in the hatch area! :woot:

Seeing the car outside the garage sure makes it all worth the work.:) looks like your on the homeward stretch with the paint anyways.

Thanks! Looks a little funky without the bodykit on it. Paintwise only the Hood and Spoiler need some attention. Will probly take a break from painting for a week or 2 and work on something else.

ME likey the blue!!!!

Thanks! Probly hard to tell in the pictures, but the blue went maybe a shade darker when we shot the clearcoat. We are happy with the results, especially since we are 1st timers and doing it in a 2-car garage.

wow! you guys got through painting insanely fast! looks like all that sanding payed off :P

wow! you guys got through painting insanely fast! looks like all that sanding payed off :P

Didn't seem that fast to us. Painting was postponed a few times due to weather, and to us it took forever. Still got a few things to due paint wise, but we are ready to move on to other things for a few weeks.

Thanks for the comment!