sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

took me 2 days to read this thread lol (working in backyard with my oldest boy this weekend :) ) looking really good, lots of tedious touches there!, two thumbs up on the wiring

Thanks for the :fing34: Now that your caught up on the progress come back and check on us, there won't be as much reading. :drink40:

If this where facebook, it would say PHATBOi Likes!

Thanks! Always thinking about other ways it could be done, but this will work especially for the space we have to work with.

Been off the forum for awhile, and catching up with this build took awhile: I am definitely feeling your pain with all the painting/sanding! All this labor intensive stuff would kill me! Once you're all done with this build, loan the car to Soundstream to shoot some pics for an add or something and make some of your money back! :drink40:

I would seriously give your son another birds and bees talk when this car is finished, cause there'll be ladies jumpin from left and right!

Been off the forum for awhile, and catching up with this build took awhile: I am definitely feeling your pain with all the painting/sanding! All this labor intensive stuff would kill me! Once you're all done with this build, loan the car to Soundstream to shoot some pics for an add or something and make some of your money back! :drink40:

I would seriously give your son another birds and bees talk when this car is finished, cause there'll be ladies jumpin from left and right!

Glad you came back to check out the build progress, I have realized that the comments people make are very inspiring. As for the painting I'm glad we only have to clear the hood and give a little attention to the spoiler along with the assembly of the frontend.

Don't really feel the car is of the caliber to present it to Soundstream, but I guess it would be worth a shot. All they can say is NO! $ would be cool but a pic in a magazine would be mindblowing.

Thanks again and we always enjoy the comments!

I know my first three are supposed to be in the noob section but I can't help it. Absolutely mind blowing! I think it's awesome when people use skill mixed with common sense and pride of workmanship to create something way beyond what most people would do. The system is wicked looking. The attention to detail takes it from damn! to DAMN!. And kudos x 5 on the garage paint job. Trying to keep trash out of the paint in that environment is like trying to keep rednecks (like me) out of a mudhole. I wound up cutting/buffing whole bugs out of the clear on my 'charger. Also, your son will never, ever, ever forget this. Having dad in with you on a project like that changes who you are. I know having my dad help me on my first few was something I wouldn't trade for anything. Great work so far, and like everybody else I'll be waiting for the next step.

I know my first three are supposed to be in the noob section but I can't help it. Absolutely mind blowing! I think it's awesome when people use skill mixed with common sense and pride of workmanship to create something way beyond what most people would do. The system is wicked looking. The attention to detail takes it from damn! to DAMN!. And kudos x 5 on the garage paint job. Trying to keep trash out of the paint in that environment is like trying to keep rednecks (like me) out of a mudhole. I wound up cutting/buffing whole bugs out of the clear on my 'charger. Also, your son will never, ever, ever forget this. Having dad in with you on a project like that changes who you are. I know having my dad help me on my first few was something I wouldn't trade for anything. Great work so far, and like everybody else I'll be waiting for the next step.

Thanks for such kind words! I am enjoying very much this experience with my son. We are learning a lot together and sharing some time. The painting was the major hump in this project very time comsuming. Things are starting to come together and we can see what we were pictuing starting to come to life. Still more to do, but as each component is installed we are getting closer to a completed project. Thanks for your comment!

very cool! Sound Stream would be stupid for not featuring this car in some light....

Ha Ha!! I wonder if on my next project(items being purchased/collected now) SSA would feel that way?

You'd be Team SSA for sure ;)

You'd be Team SSA for sure ;)

:orly3::woot::thanx:

Another week has passed and it's time for a little update. Amps are in. Much wiring is still needed but amps are mounted and now we can trim out the excess wire and begin hooking them up. Let's get to the pics.

1st amp: this one will power the rear speakers and the front midrange.

img3325k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

2nd amp: this one will power the front tweeters and midbass.

img3326f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

3rd amp: this one will power the 2-10's

img3327o.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

4th amp: this one will power the 15.

img3328t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

OK that's it for now. Oh, you want more pics? Well here they are.

img3329j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

img3330v.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

img3331p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

img3332e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

img3333m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

Here are a couple shots with the back seat in position to put things into perspective how close everything is.

img3334s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

We are hoping we have left enough space for all the wiring to fit between the seat and amps, me thinks it will fit.

img3335lm.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

We got our wire we need for running the four extra channels for the front to go active. Here is the wire.

img3348x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-14

We will be spending the rest of the weekend getting it all run and get started wiring up the amps with power and start connecting each channel and start the testing process. We have decided to hold off on mounting the 15 untill some of the other components are in and tested, that will make adjusting the amps a little easier to start with. More to come....

This build keeps getting better and better! You two keep up the great work and more pics!

:drink40:

This build keeps getting better and better! You two keep up the great work and more pics!

:drink40:

Thanks!! "Better & Better" to me means nearing the completion. Steady at it.

I love this build! great job Sefugi!!! I wish my dad enjoyed car audio lol

I love this build! great job Sefugi!!! I wish my dad enjoyed car audio lol

Thanks!! Have loved audio since 5th or 6th grade and it grew into car audio when I began to drive. My 1st upgrade was from an 8track to a cassette. LOL!

Looking great Sefugi, keep up the great work!

Thanks!!! Don't forget my son's work as well. I'm checkin' these posts and he is making those runs of wire for the active setup.

Clean, Clean , SO SUPER Cleeean!!! the attention to detail is awesome!! I bet you guys are ready to hear some tunes in there, hehe.:band:

Clean, Clean , SO SUPER Cleeean!!! the attention to detail is awesome!! I bet you guys are ready to hear some tunes in there, hehe.:band:

Thank You!! Thank You!! Things seem to be going pretty well. Yes we are ready for some tunes. Been pushing to get this ride on the road for school starting, but don't think that's goin to happen since we only have a week left. Won't be too long though...

Are you sure you want your son to drive such a car ? Don't you want to drive it yourself, and give him another car ?

the instal is fantastic ! the amps seem to fit very well. Soundstream will love you. Maybe they can give you some kind of sponsorship ?

:captain:

Once again : congratulations !

Are you sure you want your son to drive such a car ? Don't you want to drive it yourself, and give him another car ?

the instal is fantastic ! the amps seem to fit very well. Soundstream will love you. Maybe they can give you some kind of sponsorship ?

:captain:

Once again : congratulations !

THAT is a great idea!!! My son has said that he is a little afraid to drive it, but it is just a car. If we took a turd and made a nice ride we can do it again. To actually answer you question the car is his. He will drive it and take on the responcibility of care for it. Dad has other things in mind and will start working on my own project. (not so extensive)

Soundstream?? Well I don't know, maybe I'll shoot them a message and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the comment and hope to continue the progress to completion!!

Looking damn nice Dad.

Thank you Sir!!! Need a roadmap for all these wires!

coming together very nice ! :trippy:

Thanks!! Yes I am starting to think that everything will actually fit. :ehh: