sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

My wife didn't want me to tell about this incident last night, but this is what happens when you let the wife use your grill to cookout while you and the son are workin' on the car.....

The food was great, but I think the burners got turned to high and was forgotten about and it wasn't long after I was fighting a fire and the firedepartment came and.....let's just say it slowed progress and I have a few more gray hairs and maybe a few less.

img3476m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-26

img3477e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-26

When the fire dept. got to the house I had put out the fire and they said I did good to keep the tank cool. Grill is a total meltdown. It got so hot the metal was dripping on the ground like slag when your welding. No one was hurt except for the grill, we just wont be grilling out for a while. I'm getting my subs before I shell out for a grill. :drink40:

Guess I thread jackd myself with this but I wanted to work on the car instead of doing the grilling. :shrug:

Subs > Grill? :D

Subs > Grill? :D

Yes!! I did not mess up the grill. :peepwall:

This is an incredible build and you Sir have kept SSA on the edge of our seats watching. What a wonderful build log this is.

Oh and I agree - Subs > Grill, but on a side note charcoal > gas. :drink40:

This is an incredible build and you Sir have kept SSA on the edge of our seats watching. What a wonderful build log this is.

Oh and I agree - Subs > Grill, but on a side note charcoal > gas. :drink40:

THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm trying to get that "game face" on. Got my plans also. Charcoal grill=cheaper! More $ for subs!!!

My son and I worked on two different projects last night and made some progress...My son worked on the grillwork for the front bumper. Bumper is taking a little shape...

Here is what he started with...

img3107n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Adding the mesh grill...

img3109n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3110c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3113d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3111y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3112s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3181u.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3182w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3179t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3180r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Front strut bars installed...

img3184u.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Bumper ready to install...

img3183n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

We will be modding a bracket for lights behind the front bumper, but that will be in a few days. These are the lights and harness that will be mounted in this large bumper...

img2975t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

I will be getting the update on what I was working on just shortly. Stay tuned...

OK for what I was working on last night. The door panels. Not much changed here from factory. We cleaned up the trim peices with a little paint, streched the opening for the midbass speakers, and ran the wires for the leds that are installed in the a/c vents and the map pocket.

One led in the def vent for side glass and two in the a/c duct.

img3372i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Two leds in the map pocket.

img3373i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3374x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3375u.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

All wires tied into single feed that will tie into the circuit allready run into door.

img3376g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Had a mod done to the inserts for the door panels. The inserts were trashed and needed attention. Had them wrapped in leather with a stitching applied. My son's name is Hunter and he is into a lot of Spanish, so I came up with a twist of the Sounstream logo and his name in Spanish. El Cazador "The Hunter" Also had the Mitsubishi emblem in the spider's butt. What do you guys think?? OK?

img3386j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Panels ready to install...

img3384d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

img3385c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-28

Now we just have to get all the stuff that is ready installed on the car. More work to do and more updates to come....

Real Fresh :phatyo: , I like the theme because The Hunter also applies to the spider. The spider on the door looks like a black widow with the red mark and we all know Black Widows are hunters, they look for male spiders just to mate with them and then kill them.

Real Fresh :phatyo: , I like the theme because The Hunter also applies to the spider. The spider on the door looks like a black widow with the red mark and we all know Black Widows are hunters, they look for male spiders just to mate with them and then kill them.

Thanks!! Yep, You got it, but I don't think he will be hunting male spiders. :lol:

Thanks!! Yep, You got it, but I don't think he will be hunting male spiders. :lol:

:lolup:

Let's see those LEDs at night. He will be blinded driving! haha

Off topic but i just put a CD player in my girlfriend's eclipse (same gen. as this, that's why i bring it up) and effed up her dash lights :suicide-santa: But these things are fun to drive. Comfort is a little different though.

Let's see those LEDs at night. He will be blinded driving! haha

Off topic but i just put a CD player in my girlfriend's eclipse (same gen. as this, that's why i bring it up) and effed up her dash lights :suicide-santa: But these things are fun to drive. Comfort is a little different though.

We will get you those pics once we get the panels installed and we will definatly get some walk around vids when this is a little closer to finished.

The bumper and the door panels are ready for installing and we moved forward with the door panels to try and complete the interior before putting the frontend together.

We made a few mods on the kicks in the process.

We never took any pics of the front components before installing so here's a quick pics of one of the 6.5 midbass in the door.

img3398.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

Couple shots of the driver's panel installed.

img3400tx.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3401oq.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

Shot of driver's panel with lights on. Sorry they are hard to see will get to some night shots a little later.

img3403y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

Passenger side before grill paint on kick panel.

img3406n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

As discussed earlier in this thread and opinions given (thanks j-roadtatts) we painted the Q-form grills black. We also removed the O2 logos from the original grills and attatched them to the door grill and the kick grill.

img3407r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

Pics after paint....Made a great difference! I think...

img3408g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3410w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3411k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3412h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3416q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

Here are shots of the center console side panels

img3415s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3413jo.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

The completed front. Still need a lot of clean up of all the panels, but it's getting there.

img3417r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

img3418o.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-29

If everything goes our way next weekend we will have the frontend together. :woot:

The build is coming together awsome bro! That is seriously one lucky young man you have :fing34: Soundstream would be stupid not to give you a little love :drink40:

:fing34:

:popcorn:

Thank You! :drink40:

The build is coming together awsome bro! That is seriously one lucky young man you have :fing34: Soundstream would be stupid not to give you a little love :drink40:

Made it to the library again?? Thanks! I got a get these bats figured out then I am contacting Soundstream.

I love the way the doors came out! Nice Job!

Thanks!! I'll get some night pics or vids up pretty soon.

Is that a Super Coupe I see in the background?

If you don't contact soundstream then I will! This is seriously magazine-quality work right here. You AND your boy got some sssskkkkkiiiiiiillllllllzzzzzz! :drink40:

p.s. All those "#1 Dad" mugs should have your picture on the back for sure.

Haven't checked in for a while. Looking great. Yall do amazing work. Such attention to detail. I just don't have the patience for such in depth work. Props.

Looks great. Lovin the 3 way components

Is that a Super Coupe I see in the background?

Naw, it's an LX but I think it can tote the 4 SA15's my son and his buddy are talking me into. :fing34:

If you don't contact soundstream then I will! This is seriously magazine-quality work right here. You AND your boy got some sssskkkkkiiiiiiillllllllzzzzzz! :drink40:

p.s. All those "#1 Dad" mugs should have your picture on the back for sure.

:thanx::thanx: I will contact Soundstream just shortly. I just got home from work and checked the posts and saw "p.s. All those "#1 Dad" mugs should have your picture on the back for sure." and I'm rolling so hard I don't think I'll get any work done on the car tonight. Thanks for the good laugh!