Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Magnum 15 prototype pics

Ladies......15" population just decreased by 4....get 'em while you can!!!!

I swear...I had NOTHING to do with this

I already got that covered. Just tryin to think of a way to make it a little more fair.

Nice write up though! Now I know exactly what to look for when my Cyclone arrives.

I already got that covered. Just tryin to think of a way to make it a little more fair.

Nice write up though! Now I know exactly what to look for when my Cyclone arrives.

yeah give us your report on it, I think Jmac has one on the way also

Looks nice, Nick!

I'm eyeing up your spider...

Is that a dual spider with spacer, and woven in leads?

I like your basket choice, btw... :cool:

Yeppe, it's a dual spider with a spacer and the leads are woven in. We opted for the 12-spoke over the Venezuela and others for numerous reasons, but we like the way it looks and it has a lot of good qualities - vents below the spiders, good clearance, etc.

Looks nice, Nick!

I'm eyeing up your spider...

Is that a dual spider with spacer, and woven in leads?

I like your basket choice, btw... :cool:

Yeppe, it's a dual spider with a spacer and the leads are woven in. We opted for the 12-spoke over the Venezuela and others for numerous reasons, but we like the way it looks and it has a lot of good qualities - vents below the spiders, good clearance, etc.

The 12 spoke is definitely a superior choice than the Venezuelan basket, for several reasons, I agree (and hence why we picked it too).

It's deeper than the Venez, offers bigger dimensions between the surround to spider landing, and spider landing to top plate...

And it's definitely got cool venting.

Cosmetics are subject to taste, of course... but I really like the style of the basket as well. B)

Something that probably neither of us cares as much about either, that basket there is supposed to have some superior aerodynamics...

Adire Audio has a subwoofer that's built for dipole applications (no enclosure, finite baffle), where air rushing past the frame could prove an issue... they use this basket for those reasons as well.

What did your old basket look like?

I'm guessing that this one is superior to your old one in all respects anyway - based simply on my looking around near and far and not finding anything else that tops this one, by the numbers.

:slayer: <-- "slayer"... hehe!

Our other basket actually had of advantages over the Venezuela also. Mainly the vent holes below the spider landing, but here's pictures: http://www.stereointegrity.com/Magnum12v1.html

I can definately see how aerodynamically this basket is superior to both our old basket and the Venezuela. The 12-spoke reminds me of a giant verion of a midrange's basket, which is always a good thing.

The thing I was mostly surprised by was how far the arms of the 12-spoke come out initially from the spider landing. Maybe it's just the shape, but man they look big.

Cool stuff. B)

sweet serenade, that thing looks beautiful! I will definitely be an owner of one of those one day B)

They weigh approximately 35-36 lbs. Vent area should be at/above 36^2 in (equivalent to a 3x12" slot port). I'm sure the WinISD guys could help you out more in that area if you want.