imhungnurnot

.5 ohm load on saz 1500

I know this has probably been answered before, but the search bar is pretty much useless on this forum. So if I can keep my electrical system from dropping below 13.0-13.5 volts, how will the saz take the .5 ohm load?

Yes it will be fine, but why do it for just a few hundred watts?

Risk > reward

Risk > reward

I thought if you half the ohm load you'll gain about 3/4s of what you were already getting? ex 1500+(1500*3/4)=2625

but the search bar is pretty much useless on this forum.

boo.gif

With proper electrical it will be fine. It will not be covered under warranty!

ok one thing you do have to realize is that it is also going to be box dependent, box rise is a huge thing. anyways i run mine at .66 and on a 20hz burp we dropped to 12v and rising to 2.2 got 16??wrms just added some batts and dont drop below 13v anymore so maybe 1800ish now, but no you will not get 2600w, 2000 max keeping voltage around 14v and keeping imp rise under 3x...... my box is tuned low thats y im seeing almost 4x, have not clamped my spl box 5cf@42hz but it does take more of a draw on the electrical so im sure its getting more, daily box specs in my sig

Risk > reward

I thought if you half the ohm load you'll gain about 3/4s of what you were already getting? ex 1500+(1500*3/4)=2625

You forgot to factor in the huge loss of efficiency suffered when you drop to .5 ohm.

You will be fine you were probably not even seeing 1500rms to begin with at 1ohm is what i assume you were running it at, impedance rise will prob put you over 1ohm anyway so you should be fine just watch your voltage and gain on the amp.