i added a yellow top in the rear today and did the big three. i wired the second batt in parallel + to + and - to - then ran my power to the amp off the rear positive. after i hooked everything up i noticed the the red batt light on the dash below the check engine like was glowing red and the emergency brake light stays on even when its off and these didn't do it before i installed everything... and on top of that my power steering when out (i know it doesnt have anything to do with the batts but just wanted to add that too...lol) any suggestions why the light would still be on?? Oh and my check engine light is on too but that was already on before i installed everything......

i added a yellow top in the rear today and did the big three. i wired the second batt in parallel + to + and - to - then ran my power to the amp off the rear positive. after i hooked everything up i noticed the the red batt light on the dash below the check engine like was glowing red and the emergency brake light stays on even when its off and these didn't do it before i installed everything... and on top of that my power steering when out (i know it doesnt have anything to do with the batts but just wanted to add that too...lol) any suggestions why the light would still be on?? Oh and my check engine light is on too but that was already on before i installed everything......

Usually the battery light stays on when its running off of the battery by itself and its not seeing any voltage from the alternator. If thats the case,....and your power steering went out....would there happen to be a belt off or broken under the hood to take out the steering and the alternator??? Only logical ansewr i can come up with ........

im taking it to a shop to get the power steering checked out but about the batt your saying it might just be running off the rear batt ?? im a little confused

im taking it to a shop to get the power steering checked out but about the batt your saying it might just be running off the rear batt ?? im a little confused

No im saying your battery light should only be on, if the car is running off the battery or batteries and the vehicle is NOT seeing any additional power from your alternator. Example. If you turn your key forward without cranking vehicle, your battery light should be on. When you crank the car, the battery light should go away once it sees that the alternator has kicked on and is charging. If your Battery light is staying on, then your alternator may have went out. But since you said the power steering went out as well.... alot of vehicles have a one belt running the alternator and power steering pump. I would advise you to pop your hood and check for a missing belt, or at the very least check your voltage while the car is running.......

i checked the belt when the car was on and they were spinning the pulleys but it looked like it wasnt spinning fast enough like they normally do and it looked a tiny bit loose with a squeeking noise... and yes the battery light stays on when the car is cranked bc i drove it around a little bit today after installing everything....

i checked the belt when the car was on and they were spinning the pulleys but it looked like it wasnt spinning fast enough like they normally do and it looked a tiny bit loose with a squeeking noise... and yes the battery light stays on when the car is cranked bc i drove it around a little bit today after installing everything....

Then you need to check your voltage with a meter while the car is running...... Or disconnect the 2nd battery and see if the light goes off then......

Maybe an obvious question, but did you charge the battery before installing it?

No I did not bc the guy I asked the guy when I bought it of it was charged and he said it's ready to install

The voltage with the car running on the rear batt read 14.8 after I instaled it

check the voltage on the rear battery with the car off.

check the voltage on the rear battery with the car off.

off it was like 12.5 or 12.7 something like that. I can't remember off the top of my head

sounds good then as far as your battery goes...

And you wired it correctly if you did parallel positive to positive and neg to neg.

sounds good then as far as your battery goes...

And you wired it correctly if you did parallel positive to positive and neg to neg.

yup alt to + chassis and body to - (front batt) then + from front to + back and - from front to - back (all 0 gauge) then ran one 0 power front back for sub amp and one 4 gauge power for speaker amp... im baffled on why the battery light and emergency brake light shows on my dash.......

and i put the wires on the side posts on the rear batt if that makes a difference....bc i didnt have any extra top batt terminals

Edited by Hans

Maybe something got pinched or moved when you were running that 0 gauge. Did you have to run the wire down the drivers side of the car? If so, make sure something didnt intefere with the paking brake switch.

The only things I can think of it being is a code issue or a slip up some where. Take the battery off that you just hooked up and see if the lights still light up, just my .02 :peepwall:

Did you dis-connect the second battery and see if anything changed, as sugested?

Sorry I thought I explained it well enough in the previous post.

By hooking up another battery correctly or incorrectly you could have triggered a code that is telling the light to come on. Unhook the secondary battery, the one you just installed in your system. Once you unhook it then see if the lights are coming back on or if they are back off.

Did you dis-connect the second battery and see if anything changed, as sugested?

not yet im at work ... i will when i get home.

well come to find out when i got home from work bc i noticed all my light started dimming more and more and i thought to myself that the alt isnt charging the batts and the whole car is running off the two batts. i checked my voltage on both batt when i got home and the front batt is at 8.6 and the rear is at 7.5. with would explain my power steering out is bc the belts and pulley went out. the alt isnt kicking in to charge them.... urghhhh frustrasting

just wanna make sure i did this big 3 right and im not the cause of my stuff not to work can someone please check me

th_IMG_0640.jpg