hondakilla98

1995 Cadillac Eldorado Build

I've been trying to decide what to run for a sub stage and how I'm going to organize my trunk. I'll have a second battery, saz-1500d, dsc4125, and subs all in the trunk. I'd like to keep my trunk as open as possible, so i'm trying to figure out how to do that. So to save space I've decided to go sealed. But to keep output I want more cone area, so now I'm thinking 3-12" DCON's. I want clean sound, a box height of 15" or less, to spend less than $400, and equalivent output than my old RE SX15 ported in 4 cu@31 on 800 watts. I think the 3 DCON's should be able to handle that, and sound a lot better. I'll buy 3 svc 4ohm subs and wire them parallel for a 1.33 ohm load. So with good electrical I should see 1100-1200 watts, or around 400 per sub. The box I'm thinking right now will be 38" wide, 15" tall, 15" deep at the top, and 17" deep at the bottom. Double baffle front, with two dividers/braces to make three separate chambers. Looks like after sub displacement I should net 1.19 cu ft per sub, which is right at optimal according to SSA.

I'm debating on mounting the amps to the top of the sub box, or making an amp rack that hangs off the rear package tray. And I'm not sure about the battery, it'll probably end up in the rear passenger side behind the wheelwell in a carpeted mdf box. Here are some pics of the trunk.

DSCN2262.jpg

DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2254.jpg

DSCN2256.jpg

DSCN2257.jpg

DSCN2258.jpg

Check out onebadmontes build log two IB AA atlas 15s. I heard this in san marcos and its very clean and he has a wide open trunk. I'm thinking of something like this in the future

I also tried to figure out what to do with my front stage. I'd like to run 8's in fiberglass pods in the doors and an xt25 or something similar in the pillar. I'm a little nervous about the fiberglass pods and cutting on my door panels. so another option would be dual 5.25's in the doors, which look like they would just fit. Here are some pics. and I mocked up the top of a taco bell cup for the tweeter. The cup is 4.25 and the xt25 is 4". So close enough.

DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

DSCN2248.jpg

DSCN2249.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

Check out onebadmontes build log two IB AA atlas 15s. I heard this in san marcos and its very clean and he has a wide open trunk. I'm thinking of something like this in the future

IB is too much work, and I would end up making permanent modifications. I'll eventually sell this car, and with a sealed box I might be able to use it in the next vehicle. And not have big holes cut in the car.

I finally made up my mind on my subs and front stage. I just ordered 2 sundown sa-10's to run ported, tuned to 30hz in 2.5 cu ft net with 33 sq in of port area. And I bought peerless Nomex 830875 for my mids and Scan-Speak Discovery D2608/9130 hds for my tweets. Here are links to the mids and subs if anyone wants to check them out.

Peerless Nomex 830875

Peerless Nomex 830875 - 6.5" Nomex Cone Woofer from Madisound

Scan-Speak Discovery D2608/9130 hds

Scan-Speak Discovery D2608/9130 1" Textile Dome HDS Tweeter from Madisound

Sundown SA-10

Sundown SA-10 Pre-Sale - SSA Car Audio Forum

I still need a second battery, Hi output alternator rebuild kit, rca's, a roll of 16 gauge speaker wire, and a sheet of mdf to build my box. I'm going to put the subs in the front of the trunk firing towards the back of the car. I have 38w, 18h, and 23d to work with for space. The box will be 29w, 14h, and 19d. With a group 31 battery mounted next to it and both of my amps mounted on top.

Here's what I'm thinking.There will be a removable cover in front of the battery. And maybe one on top of the box. So when you open the trunk all you'll see is a carpeted box with two subs and a port.

eldosubbox2.jpg

With the battery cover. Everyting black is carpeted.

eldosubboxwithbatterycovered.jpg

With a cover in front of the amps as well. everything black is carpeted.

eldosubboxwitheverythingcovered.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

Ordered 3-2 channel knukonceptz klarity RCA cables and a roll of 16 gauge speaker wire off eBay. Hopefully next weekend I can pull out my interior and run my rca's, speaker wires, and power wire. And start on my a pillar pods to mount my hds tweets. And while I'm under the carpet I'll put down some deadener.

Edited by hondakilla98

I ordered a 240 amp alternator rebuild and smaller pulley from springhill today. I think I'll be waiting on the Deka battery for a while. I have an hc800 I'll use as a temp. Now it's time to fix the ac. My compressor is toast, so time to order one of those as well. I figure I'll do the ac compressor and alternator at the same time.

Sounds like you have a plan of attack. Good Luck! Don't forget the pics!

I took some pics of what i have so far for equipment. My mids, tweets, and rca's showed up today, and my tweets weigh as much as my old mids.

Here you go.

DSCN2266.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

DSCN2269.jpg

Nice line up! What are you plannin' on pushin' the front stage with?

Nice line up! What are you plannin' on pushin' the front stage with?

Mb Quart DSC4125. It's 4x125@4 ohm, so I'm thinking I'll have about 4x65@8. Which with the higher sensitivity of the 8 ohm drivers should be fine. And if not, then I'll have to buy another one and bridge them. Talk about headroom.

I ordered an a/c compressor kit and new condensor today. Hopefully all my a/c parts and my high output alternator rebuild kit will get here this weekend and I can finally have A/C. Good thing it hasn't gotten hot yet here in Oregon.

Looks to be a killer plan bro :drink40: I'm interested to hear opinions on the SA10's :popcorn:

very jealous of the headunit. goodluck with the build. :drink40:

Looks to be a killer plan bro :drink40: I'm interested to hear opinions on the SA10's :popcorn:

well I'll definitely post up a review when it's all installed. I'm excited. It's been 2 months since I had a system. I'm using the stock tape deck with an adapter to my iPod for now. My friend had two type r 10's in a ported box in his car running off 900 watts. It was pretty loud, so I'm looking forward to blowing him away with my two sa10's on 1600 watts. Not to mention he had infinity reference coaxials in the doors for mids.

Damn alternator went out yesterday. And I'm still waiting on parts. Hopefully I'll get my parts Tuesday and then fix the ac, rebuild the alternator to 240 amp, and do the big three. Good news is I found a local box builder with good prices. I'm going to meet him today to plan out the box. And hopefully have the box next week. And my sa-10s are supposed to be here on the 2nd. :woot:

Edited by hondakilla98

:drink40: , nice equipment and good luck on build

i got some sketches of what my box will look like. Here you go.

2sa-10flared2.png

2sa-10flared1.png

He's starting it today. I got my sa-10's last week. Now all i need to order, is my deka 9a31.

I will start adding pictures of your box build on this thread for you David. I will have some pictures up for you all tomorrow.

Dustin

www.DLdesignz.com (COMING SOON)

Don't know if you measured it yet but, in this trunk you can go up to 38 W x 32 D x 16 H.

Here are some pictures of the box for you guys, should look real clean when all finished up ;) I am going to start posting more build logs for you guys in the future as well. I usually post all of mine on ecoustics and CA.com. Enjoy!

5z1hfl.jpg

dg57ko.jpg

1221e1x.jpg

sv5rg4.jpg

2gxnskn.jpg

2cngrva.jpg

20ih1jp.jpg

263k361.jpg

nice car, nice equipments and nice box !!!:popcorn:

I want to see the final result.

What's left ? new and bigger rims, and some window tint ?:peepwall:

Some more picutures. Box is coming along very nicely. I should get it finished up tomorrow. The back is for the battery BTW...

2vn5s13.jpg

10dtvk0.jpg

2uomi50.jpg

2rm41zt.jpg

1zve3c8.jpg

2123uu.jpg

2i78m8h.jpg

14llowj.jpg