mikeb890

What to do for 15" Fi BL

Whats good guys. So I'm new here as you can tell and I'm planning on getting a 15" Fi bl in my 03 civic. Lookin for some advice here, since i cannot get it at the 3 local shops as they all asked me what Fi is haha. Alright so I cant decide between the Audioque 1200d and the Sundown SAE-1200D. Just saw the Sundown here for $315, but I dont know whether or not this site is legit: Sundown SAE-1200D - Amplifiers - Power Max Electronics LLC If i get the AQ1200d, i would want it to do 1470 watts but it says it will have 5%THD, so will that not sound good?. I've heard the SAE-1200d could do 1500watts and sound good. If the AQ1200d will sound fine at 1470w i will get it, since it's cheaper. As for the BL, would these options work- Dual 2, Cooling, Daily, Universal:yes. Is flatwind needed? I have not done any electrical upgrades and prefer not to, but If i need to, what do you suggest me getting first: Big 3, h/o alt, cap, or a kinetik battery in the back. If kinetik, an HC1400 (1400watt) or a HC 16v (1600watt, 16volt). I currently just replaced my old battery under the hood with a Duralast Gold. Will be getting a pioneer head unit (not sure which one yet) and a stinger volt meter if those are factors. Box will be 4 cubic ft, If i can ever figure out the dimensions for it lol. Would like to tune it to 33-34Hz but I dont have a clue how the hell to do that. Sorry for the long essay i just typed and if anything sounds dumb haha but its been difficult for me to find people who know about this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

I own an AQ2200 and i don't like the way it has to be set up with the bass knob to achieve the power it suppose to put out.

Thats just my personal opinion though, it will push that driver great :)

Big 3 should be done no matter what.

No cap.. ever.

If you get a 16V batt you need a 16V electrical system, i would get a HC 2400 (i believe thats the name)

If you have the money, YES you should get the H/O because chances are you will need it.

I would get the BL "fully loaded" better for the driver and way better for resale!

Google "RE box calculator" and use that. If you can, point everything forewards. Isn't the bass knob like having a second gain? What's with that? If putting this stuff in one at a time, do the big 3 first. I used a 1500w amp in an 00 Sunfire with a 90A alt, stock battery, no big 3, and the lights didn't dim, so a newer civic should be fine. What's a flatwind coil? Doesn't that add to x-max? Check the site!

might want to think about just getting a fully loaded Q. the BL sounds like its a bit more then you can handle.

the Q will be able to take the 1500w like a champ. the BL will want more power.

you'll save a whole 20 bucks off the cost of the BL if you go with the Q.

either way Fi is the way to go.

Edited by Mr Slinky

might want to think about just getting a fully loaded Q. the BL sounds like its a bit more then you can handle.

I think the RE calculator is a little off.

the q is a sound quality driver, not necessarily to get loud, the q is also rated at 1000 watts, where as the bl is also rated at 1000 watts and is designed to get loud.

The RE calc is fucky, and more so if you use a second port length. Use a sealed box calc and a port tune calc.

Well I originally planned on the btl, so the Bl will do. The Q is cool but i prefer the BL personally. Think i might go with that sundown though. Seems slightly better than the AQ1200d? Regardless of which one i get, i should be getting the BL Dual 2 correct?

If you wanted the results of a btl.. but decided on a bl then went to a q you will be disappointed

agree, If you considered a btl and understand what that would be, you dont want the Q, although it sounds awesome, you want a BL. Fi is the shit.. if you got the money go for the BTL tho.. :) its a monster.

I Have a BL 15 and am very happy with it. That thing slams!! I have 1000 watts RMS of clean power to it. You should be fine, in my opinion, with that alternator. Mine is stock 110 too. No problem. Good luck and post pics!!

I own an AQ2200 and i don't like the way it has to be set up with the bass knob to achieve the power it suppose to put out.

No cap.. ever.

If you get a 16V batt you need a 16V electrical system, i would get a HC 2400 (i believe thats the name)

If you have the money, YES you should get the H/O because chances are you will need it.

I would get the BL "fully loaded" better for the driver and way better for resale!

WTF? Explain please.

No cap.. ever.

WTF? Explain please.

You haven't heard about anything like that before with the AQ amps?

You have to turn the bass knob so the Clipping LED will blink to get the FULL power.

You put a CD in or test tone (whatever you have) then turn it until the Clipping LED is solid then turn it down until the LED light blinks (when the bass hits)

Edited by BanginGMC

Are you sure its not a gain knob? Never heard anyone complain about it. I'll ask my buddy as he has 7 of the 3500s.

Bass knobs and gain knobs are totally different. But I'll ask about the "knob" on the AQ amps and see what they are about. I have never owned one so I don't know. Just never heard anyone complain about it.

I didn't know that, i don't pay attention to them because i find them a pain in the ass, i like setting the gain and filter on my amp and that be that.

Some threads on here about AQ amps mention this, if you care enough im sure you can find em.

Ask Shizzzon about setting up the amp and using that knob.

Alright thanks for the advice, this site is the shit haha

So I'm going to go with:

15" Fully Loaded Fi BL

Sundown Sae-1200d (Thanks for that link cheese20323, will be ordering it thru there; I would love a saz-1500d but too much $$$)

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB

4 cu ft. box Tuned 33-34Hz

Big 3 Upgrade

I'll wait on an alt or extra battery to see if i really need it, hoping i wont since i dont have the money. I also have two Polk Audio Coaxial 6x9's laying around, but was told they cannot be added in. The box is going to be the most difficult thing for me probably. Asked my local shops if they could build one for me and the prices were around $400, so thats a no lol. Cant find any good ones online either. I will figure it out though.

I'll post some pics when i get started on things soon, and will maybe post some vids on youtube depending on how it sounds on my camera.

Edited by mikeb890

Alright thanks for the advice, this site is the shit haha

So I'm going to go with:

15" Fully Loaded Fi BL

Sundown Sae-1200d (Thanks for that link cheese20323, will be ordering it thru there; I would love a saz-1500d but too much $$$)

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB

4 cu ft. box Tuned 33-34Hz

Big 3 Upgrade

I'll wait on an alt or extra battery to see if i really need it, hoping i wont since i dont have the money. I also have two Polk Audio Coaxial 6x9's laying around, but was told they cannot be added in. The box is going to be the most difficult thing for me probably. Asked my local shops if they could build one for me and the prices were around $400, so thats a no lol. Cant find any good ones online either. I will figure it out though.

I'll post some pics when i get started on things soon, and will maybe post some vids on youtube depending on how it sounds on my camera.

I disagree! The box can be the most easiest thing in the system! :D

E-mail the guy in my signature, tell him the ride you have, max space you want too use, and the equipment, also add any extras/details you want to the box (tuning, ported, sealed, etc) OR if you don't know he'll figure it out for you :) I just ask you to tell him Domenico Zerilli sent ya! He'll give ya a 3D design AND a cut-list to make it go easy as fuck ;)

Ask Shizzzon about setting up the amp and using that knob.

I called Shizzzon on the phone a while back and talked to him for about an hour talking about how settin' the amp up and then bullshitted about car audio, really nice guy.

I talked to DJ too, they both told me the same thing on how to set the amp up.. i know how to set the amp up :fing34: