Sign in to follow this  
jsn0x

FI SSD 15" enclosure Q

Hey I ordered a SSD 15 with both BP Power and Flatwound coils that I am going to be pushing 1000 watts through with a Rockford Fosgate Prime 1000-1d amp at 2 ohms.

I was wondering if the box I have planned out with the RE calculator would work with my setup. If not, some advice would be appreciated.

box.jpg

I used this port calculator PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES And it looks like you need more port area. It says 4 cu ft at 33 hz needs 72 sq in of port area. It's going to be hard to get that much port area and keep that tuning with those box dimensions. what are your max box dimensions? If you can make the box 2 inches taller it'll be easier. Here's one that works. 30x18x21 with 4.25" port, port length 1, 16. port length 2, 15". It gives you 70 sq in of port, 3.75 cu ft, and tuned to 33.4hz. Post up your max box dimensions and we can go from there.

Are you dead set on that amplifier, I noticed it doesn't have a subsonic filter and that could end up bad for you.

No I'm not set on the amp. I already ordered my ssd with dual 1's so im going to need something that puts out about 1000 watts at 2 ohms for around 300 bucks. I was looking at this amp as well.

Hifonics BXi1210D - Monoblock Car Amplifier, Power Amp - Sonic Electronix

As for max box size, I can't say until tomorrow. I'm going to be getting a new car and the box was sized for my old trunk. So I'll post again when I have the dimensions.

You don't need 72 sq. inches of port area. 45-50 will be sufficient.

I don't know why I'm starting this. How do you know he will be fine with 45-50? I've read threads before where people argued over the "rule" 12-16 per sq ft. I just want your reason, personal experience with this sub, or?

Ok so I went and measured the trunk and I can only do 16 for the height for sure and about 32 for width and maybe another 30 on the depth

That will be more then enough room.

I was thinking about just going with a sealed box. Trunk space is pretty limited in Mustangs and I wouldn't mind some extra space back there.

I was thinking about just going with a sealed box. Trunk space is pretty limited in Mustangs and I wouldn't mind some extra space back there.

you might be pleasantly surprises with a sealed box

I don't know why I'm starting this. How do you know he will be fine with 45-50? I've read threads before where people argued over the "rule" 12-16 per sq ft. I just want your reason, personal experience with this sub, or?

Because I also have a 15" sub that's actually a bit higher-powered and with just as much xmax and I have 45 sq. inches and its fine.

Sign in to follow this