rmzsuzuki89

4 DP21 Wall Build

I just wanna hear this in person if i can some day. I know this will be a brutal setup moving some air. :trippy:

Man in that last picture the edge of the hole looks pretty thin. I'd be scared it would blow apart! :ohnoes9:

The port will walls add another 1.5" to each baffle, then I'm gonna do another layer of .75" mdf and mount the subs to that. Then the beauty panel.

I just wanna hear this in person if i can some day. I know this will be a brutal setup moving some air. :trippy:

It could be possible, I may be driving up to North Carolina sometime in the future lol.

It could be possible, I may be driving up to North Carolina sometime in the future lol.

That would be nice. What part would you be going to. I know that truck weighs a ton.

That would be nice. What part would you be going to. I know that truck weighs a ton.

Idk exactly, my friend lives somewhere in that state lol.

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

Wow Id be down for a demo if you came up to N.C for sure! Let me know if you ever do.

Wow Id be down for a demo if you came up to N.C for sure! Let me know if you ever do.

Haha alright.

coming along nicely

guessing from the pics that the width of the port when completed will be about 12" so u can easily go inside there if need be :trippy:

is there going to be a brace to be added behind the baffle between where the subs will be mounted so as to beef up that area some more ? :puzzled:

coming along nicely

guessing from the pics that the width of the port when completed will be about 12" so u can easily go inside there if need be :trippy:

is there going to be a brace to be added behind the baffle between where the subs will be mounted so as to beef up that area some more ? :puzzled:

Thanks

The port width will be 14". And ya, I'm gonna add a 2x4 on each baffle between the subs. It should end up being pretty beefy.

This build kicks a$$ i cant wait to see it finished! :drink40: :drink40: :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Got a lil more done today with the fiberglass. I couldn't do much more because it rained all day, like it has been every day pretty much lol.

15dw8wh.jpg

This side is almost there, really rigid right now. I'm still thinking about filling the area behind it with spray foam.

2vlvg4o.jpg

This side still needs some more layers.

2minfm.jpg

That's all for today, used up about 25'^2 of mat and about a half gallon of resin...More glassing tomorrow, and hopefully a lil cutting if the weather permits lol.

Got the inner part of the baffles done today.

50sju8.jpg

Plenty of room between the seats and mounting surface.

iodd1e.jpg

2uxzmvc.jpg

Port dry fit.

28mo283.jpg

3165ls9.jpg

1zzpag0.jpg

Gonna get the port layered up and glues and screwed in tomorrow weather permitting. Gonna leave the inner layer two inches shorter just in case I wanna tune a lil lower later on.

Glad to see progress, It sucks when you have to keep waitin' for the weather to get something done.

Glad to see progress, It sucks when you have to keep waitin' for the weather to get something done.

I know, you can almost set your clock to the rain right now. Although it didn't rain hard yesterday, kinda weird. Every day this past week it has started pouring around 4, and a couple days ago it just decided to go all day lol.

I know, you can almost set your clock to the rain right now. Although it didn't rain hard yesterday, kinda weird. Every day this past week it has started pouring around 4, and a couple days ago it just decided to go all day lol.

Thats what happens in the South, when that warm air and cool air mix it always causes afternoon storms. No matter where you are it is the same way, Florida and Texas weather are too similar.

This is purely an SQ install, right?

Thats what happens in the South, when that warm air and cool air mix it always causes afternoon storms. No matter where you are it is the same way, Florida and Texas weather are too similar.

Ya...I love the rain in the evenings, and just ingeneral as long as it's not stopping me from doing something lol.

This is purely an SQ install, right?

Of course. If I did my designing right, the subs should be barely noticeable ;) lol.

Dry fit with both layers of the port in.

2popfm1.jpg

Gluing, got a lil carried away lol.

zk24k3.jpg

Didn't take pics for a while, but this is where I started taking them again.

Building the top and bottom up.

5pmz9.jpg

I was having a lil trouble getting this back in after test fitting. After two light taps with a hammer, this is what I get. It's all glued back together now though lol.

29onbwy.jpg

The notch in the port wall just in case I want to tune a lil lower.

35na8g0.jpg

148ds35.jpg

2lscdv5.jpg

2zq9zxw.jpg

I'm thinking about making the 45* a different color than the port and inside of the box, something that will contrast a lot.

21ezy3q.jpg

Don't you love osprey shit lol.

3355j4o.jpg

This is just crazy stupid you know this right?

I would like to sit shotgun in this one day!

Very exciting build, even if you are slow as hell. lol

:drink40: