rmzsuzuki89

4 DP21 Wall Build

I glad to see you are back on track with your build. I know what you mean by the weather. It can be 100 degrees here and then out of the blue it will start storming. It did that today while I was getting ready to work on my box. Keep the pics coming. By the way I meant to ask how many cubes is this wall gonna be and what will it be tuned at if I missed it.

Great progress! :drink40:

Thanks

I glad to see you are back on track with your build. I know what you mean by the weather. It can be 100 degrees here and then out of the blue it will start storming. It did that today while I was getting ready to work on my box. Keep the pics coming. By the way I meant to ask how many cubes is this wall gonna be and what will it be tuned at if I missed it.

Ya, it's been at and above 100* every now and again here. I actually love the heat as much as I hate it. It's getting me more fit for riding since I have to race in it.

And it's 40 cubes at 28hz.

SWEET!!! Looks like you ALMOST got that box finished!!!

SWEET!!! Looks like you ALMOST got that box finished!!!

Ya, its getting there...Tomorrow I'm wanting to at least get the mounting baffle in. Then all I need is a lil sanding on the inside and beauty/sealing panels.

Coming along nicely bro. I officially volunteer to be this beasts first victim. Seriously, I live in Seffner right by Tommy's shop, hit me up when this is done I want a demo for shure. Robin's 2 21's in the Neon where BRUTAL, I can't even imagine what 4 will do.

Seems You and I have been fightin' the weather. Glad to see you have made some progress, enclosure is lookin' beastly. 40 cubes=Damn!

Coming along nicely bro. I officially volunteer to be this beasts first victim. Seriously, I live in Seffner right by Tommy's shop, hit me up when this is done I want a demo for shure. Robin's 2 21's in the Neon where BRUTAL, I can't even imagine what 4 will do.

I wanna hear his car with the Wardens in, I only heard it with the DP18"s and it was insane. And you can get a demo, I've been over there a couple times for shows.

Seems You and I have been fightin' the weather. Glad to see you have made some progress, enclosure is lookin' beastly. 40 cubes=Damn!

Haha ya, nice weather today though.

Got the mounting baffle in. Just gotta do an amp rack and beauty panels, and mount and wire everything.

w7ottu.jpg

My work pencil.

35lgaoz.jpg

28jlfde.jpg

23u4k9f.jpg

2dily53.jpg

Nice pencil :P

When I first saw how close your cutouts were to the edge, I was like dang that's not too good and I read you were adding another sheet double baffle and was like i guess itll be okay...

But now I see your 5? 6? layer baffle and feel at ease :D

Your crazy man, your work is ridiculous, all the time, patience, and effort you put into this IS amazing.

I can honestly say this is something I can't wait for, videos of this pounding...omg.

I'm done. :woot:

When I first saw how close your cutouts were to the edge, I was like dang that's not too good and I read you were adding another sheet double baffle and was like i guess itll be okay...

But now I see your 5? 6? layer baffle and feel at ease :D

Your crazy man, your work is ridiculous, all the time, patience, and effort you put into this IS amazing.

I can honestly say this is something I can't wait for, videos of this pounding...omg.

I'm done. :woot:

Ya, the only thing is that I can't use through bolts for all of the holes. So I will have all of the holes through bolted that will be possible (like 4 or 5 for each sub), then I'm gonna use 2.5" or 3.5" deck screws for the holes I can't through bolt.

Should be pretty stout. I can't move it at all. It will be 7 layers if you count the .5" beauty panel.

Does anyone thing it would be a bad to mount the subs with either 2.5" or 3.5" deck screws until I can get nuts and bolts to bolt them in?

no do it and show us a video of them slapping

Edited by GOT SPL Z71

Just read through all this and all I can say is.. GET IT, KILLA! :woot:

This thing is amazing, it's given me some ideas but also made me realize some stuff. :fing34:

Just read through all this and all I can say is.. GET IT, KILLA! :woot:

This thing is amazing, it's given me some ideas but also made me realize some stuff. :fing34:

Thanks, what ideas are we talking, they I may have them copyrighted...Haha jk jk.

Getting the beauty baffle worked up.

2hz47qa.jpg

Damn jig saw crapped out on me a lil more than half way through one hole.

28bwoz5.jpg

14xl6b7.jpg

Cleared out the rest of the glue from the mounting holes.

rkzatj.jpg

fuufr7.jpg

Ripped out some of the plastic under the box. Still more down there though. It was getting in the way so I'm just gonna put some more down tomorrow before I glue.

1zywljc.jpg

105r1c6.jpg

Mounting hardware. Each sub will have four 1/4" x 5" through bolts, and four 1/4" x 2" lag screws.

2n0moup.jpg

Lag compared to a Deckmate screw.

2czx0si.jpg

Keep up the good work! Progress looks good! Good weather helps get things done! :fing34: