rmzsuzuki89

4 DP21 Wall Build

Wax on, wax off tongue.gif

Get to work! We need progress pics of this monsta!

Wax on, wax off tongue.gif

Get to work! We need progress pics of this monsta!

I'm actually doing the waxing today, something came up yesterday lol. I did get some more pieces cut and glued yesterday though.

Two more layers of the driver side baffle cut. This leaves one more layer to put holes in for the driver side.

bv7uv.jpg

21kwklx.jpg

Just screwed in until tomorrow.

2laez36.jpg

27zlsfb.jpg

2eus6d4.jpg

Not a real big update, but got all of the inner layers of the driver side baffle in.

2567ck2.jpg

2ccqtft.jpg

I'm debating whether I wanna do another layer of .75" mdf across the front for the subs to mount to, then use either .5" or .75" mdf to recess the subs and for the beauty panels. Or if I wanna just mount the cubs to the baffles haw they are, then use .5" or .75" mdf to recess the subs and for the beauty panels. I'll probably go for the first idea but still debating lol.

Hopefully I'll start the other baffle tomorrow.

Whatever you do Im sure it will come out fine. Good luck. I can't wait to hear how mine sound. Watching this build put a little fire under my a$%. I have two of the DP21's

Whatever you do Im sure it will come out fine. Good luck. I can't wait to hear how mine sound. Watching this build put a little fire under my a$%. I have two of the DP21's

O nice, what are you doing with them and in what car?

I have a 1989 Dodge B250 Conversion van and I will be running two of them on my Crunch GP3000D-Pro. I will add another amp soon. Im just using this to break them in for the time being. I already have a run of 1/0cable and will more than likely add another or two. I have an alt already and a few deka batteries and plan to add some more. I may run 6 of the intimidator or 4 if im able to get away with them. I will also have an agm group 34 under the hood. Hopefully i can get started on the enclosure next week. 22cubes net vol and 17 or a little more after disp. tuned to 28-30hz and with 200sq inches of port area. i will be using 4 8" sonos. How did your setup sound with two of them? I know they should be able to handle 3kw daily.

I have a 1989 Dodge B250 Conversion van and I will be running two of them on my Crunch GP3000D-Pro. I will add another amp soon. Im just using this to break them in for the time being. I already have a run of 1/0cable and will more than likely add another or two. I have an alt already and a few deka batteries and plan to add some more. I may run 6 of the intimidator or 4 if im able to get away with them. I will also have an agm group 34 under the hood. Hopefully i can get started on the enclosure next week. 22cubes net vol and 17 or a little more after disp. tuned to 28-30hz and with 200sq inches of port area. i will be using 4 8" sonos. How did your setup sound with two of them? I know they should be able to handle 3kw daily.

Mine sounded decent, but I tuned to high imo. And I never ran that much to mine though. I only ran a lil more than 1500wrms.

Mine sounded decent, but I tuned to high imo. And I never ran that much to mine though. I only ran a lil more than 1500wrms.

I decided to stay in the middle with the enclosure size and port area so it could have a little better power handling. Im hoping to reach the 150 or higher with this setup. Its a daily driver. Its killing me just watching your build. I still have to work on my mids and highs also. I have a 30 band eq waiting to go in.

I decided to stay in the middle with the enclosure size and port area so it could have a little better power handling. Im hoping to reach the 150 or higher with this setup. Its a daily driver. Its killing me just watching your build. I still have to work on my mids and highs also. I have a 30 band eq waiting to go in.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but how is it going to be set up? Are you walling?

Got a ton done before the rain started.

Wait for it.

1zm100n.jpg

One damn cut, then pouring lol. Hopefully the rain stays away enough for some decent progress tomorrow. Late evening/night time thunderstorms and downpours ftw, afternoon/early evening thunderstorms and downpours ftl lol.

haha that sucks man... the bad weather always comes at the worst times

It will be a non-walled setup with the subs facing the rear and ports on the side.

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

haha that sucks man... the bad weather always comes at the worst times

Haha ya it does.

It will be a non-walled setup with the subs facing the rear and ports on the side.

O cool. What made you decide to go that route?

I chose that route because I didn't want it to be so tall and so deep. With it like that I still have a few inches on the side of the box plus I will also have more room for the the sound to travel over the box. I also have some mids and highs that I have mounted in the air above where the box will be. I have never really been a fan of door speakers and being that its a conversion van with the high ceiling i can place things where they are unobstructed making them sound a lot better imo. It kinda like being in a concert hall where all of your mids and highs are off the floor and directed towards the ear and the bass is on the floor. It gives me a chance to place things where I want them for good sound at the same time not having them so close. Hopefully that 30 band eq will help out even more. It nothing like yours but its a work in progress.

Guess you been busy, hows the install comin' :popcorn:

I chose that route because I didn't want it to be so tall and so deep. With it like that I still have a few inches on the side of the box plus I will also have more room for the the sound to travel over the box. I also have some mids and highs that I have mounted in the air above where the box will be. I have never really been a fan of door speakers and being that its a conversion van with the high ceiling i can place things where they are unobstructed making them sound a lot better imo. It kinda like being in a concert hall where all of your mids and highs are off the floor and directed towards the ear and the bass is on the floor. It gives me a chance to place things where I want them for good sound at the same time not having them so close. Hopefully that 30 band eq will help out even more. It nothing like yours but its a work in progress.

Cool, sounds interesting.

Guess you been busy, hows the install comin' :popcorn:

I actually was for a lil while today. Pics loading.

Got a lil more done today. Ir started raining so I had to cut under the front porch area.

Got four layers cut, now I need more wood lol.

svkn84.jpg

b6tvcy.jpg

Test fit.

330r6fl.jpg

eb6ck8.jpg

2vtd25u.jpg

Inside

2w32o1w.jpg

345fm13.jpg

wrdnhh.jpg

Once I get the other two layers on the baffle I'll have to wait until I wax the race trailer. The deal I'm working on is getting the rest of my build funded for waxing it lol.

Makin' deals to get the sound, great plan! Lookin' Awesome, can't wait to see the port goin' in. :drink40:

Makin' deals to get the sound, great plan! Lookin' Awesome, can't wait to see the port goin' in. :drink40:

Haha ya, thanks.

Man in that last picture the edge of the hole looks pretty thin. I'd be scared it would blow apart! :ohnoes9: