geolemon

Ready to shake stuff up?

Just wanted to introduce myself-

I'm an active forum participant on a whole slew of forums, primarily www.caraudioforum.com (top 10 poster) and www.caraudiotalk.com (moderator), and about 15 others... :P

At any rate, I've been into car audio since I was about 15 years old, and I'm turning 30 this spring (booooo!). That's a long time... :lol:

I've donned many hats over the years, from installer, to business owner, to pure enthusiast, experimenter, designer, etc.

I'm currently involved in launching a new company called Better Audio...

It's interesting work, from the business side... but I can't wait to get back into a more heavily technical role. Just got back from CES, and visited SEMA before that... cool stuff... the benefits of being industry involved in any capacity.

I'm a longtime enthusiast though, first and foremost, I try to help people who need it, try to explain concepts when there's confusion, and play devil's advocate when I see strong statements being made...

I've got a bunch of stuff on my personal page that some people might find fun to check out:

http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon

I'm going to be renovating that whole site too, soon... already got the framework done... better organization. B)

Nick from SI is a member of our forum over at CAT, and somehow I found this forum because there's apparently an SI forum here! :D

Anyway, tell me...

What's this place about?

What are you guys all about?

:brock:

Welcome welcome welcome.

I think is an atmosphere you will really enjoy! :)

- Steve

Welcome! This board is great! CAT is great too. Just stay away from me. I'm allergic to cats! :D

He's a magical cat.

He's got no color at all, except for his eyes.. one is blue, one is yellow/green... B)

The cat from CAT? :P:rolleyes:

it's really good to have someone like yourself hear...

this place is small but growing and all the ppl are cool...

no fighting, bashing or argueing, i love this place and think you will to...

hope to see you hear alot

jamie

hey welcome and cute cat, I checked out your site and I like your bit on phasing and the crazy eights box, but I am a semi-competitor (in limbo about this coming season right now) but long time car audio freak myself, but I have been a member on many boards for years, and was not happy with some of the members and how some of the boards were run, and I first came across SSAudio back in 2002 (the first edition of SSA) and there a few problems but Mark (SSAudio the member/other Admin) was an active Admin and I liked that. But over time Mark needed a second Admin and when he switched SSA to a new host (hence the all new dating and low # of members and posts) I moved up to Admin and been working hard to keep it a cool place and bring on the best people possible, along with companies, SI being the first, with more to come I hope. I hope you like SSA and stay a while :denim:

Well, thanks for the welcome. B)

I'm pondering getting into the competition scene a bit...

I simply don't compete in my own town, never have, by policy...

Competitions here are the buffet table from which local theives size up their next meal. :o

And since there aren't any actual sanctioned events (worth any points in any competition organizations), just local "bass off" type crap, why tempt the hungry? ;)

But I'm only a 2 hour drive from Toronto, triple-pointers every year... I'm only 2 hours from Cleveland... only 2 hours from Erie, PA, 2 hours from Rochester, NY... there are events.

I just haven't really been interested until now to try anything..

Now, I'm getting a bit interested... but since I'm VP of a manufacturer, I am probably screwed in that also...

No entry level classes for me.. :(

just cause your a top guy for a company does not mean your a pro ;) (know what I mean) :P

just cause your a top guy for a company does not mean your a pro ;) (know what I mean) :P

Well, I'd like to think that would be true...

But think of it in these terms:

Sponsored vehicles are automatically bumped into advanced classes, correct?

Well, I could (and honestly, I may, for this purpose even!) build a car that didn't use our gear, and avoid the "sponsored car" thing...

But essentially that's where I'd be hanging myself, even though I only do my own install work...

Maybe I could get around it, I haven't looked through anyone's rules yet that closely. :P

Ahh...finally a member that is truly a 'newbie' using the Newbie Sign In forum :o

Hehe, enjoy SSA! :D

-Nate

BTW...what's going on over at Better Audio? The site is down I noticed...

Well, apparently the DSL connection went down to our 'headquarters' there in MD, where Bart is...

We have an array of servers hosting the website...

Bart told me yesterday, he had to open up a trouble ticket with Covad because connectivity went down.

I'm surprised it's still down...

Well, hopefully the local telcom guys aren't dolts, they'll get it sorted out quickly...

...hell, this is even a good thing in the way... big disturbances like this, a whole day lost, they might even give us a month's worth of credit! :lol:

Having a really fat DSL pipe ain't cheap, believe me. :blink:

just cause your a top guy for a company does not mean your a pro  ;)   (know what I mean)  :P

Well, I'd like to think that would be true...

But think of it in these terms:

Sponsored vehicles are automatically bumped into advanced classes, correct?

Well, I could (and honestly, I may, for this purpose even!) build a car that didn't use our gear, and avoid the "sponsored car" thing...

But essentially that's where I'd be hanging myself, even though I only do my own install work...

Maybe I could get around it, I haven't looked through anyone's rules yet that closely. :P

I think it depends on the competiton assocation, but yeah you can't really do newbie class, but it would be cool to see your car, good luck either way, cause it looks like I am going to have to bow out of competition this year :(