CrazyKenKid

95 Grand Am build

So school is finally over, the weather is finally starting to turn around and everything is looking good for a new build!

So to start things off here is the box I will be building the over all sizes are 30x36x17.5, this box is a master piece of shizzzon designs! (look him if you need help with a weird install in a small spot!) he cubics before displacement are like 7~ and after 6.5~ and tuning is 40hz (may change in the future)

Untitled-6.jpg

Now here is my old box and as we can see the mdf soaked up the water like a sponge lol! so needless to say i had a leak issue also if you are interested here is a link to my old build.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Onto the bad parts in the trunk, also not shown the tail lights were leaking BAD and i had to reseal those puppies fast with a sealing agent!

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Next item to talk about is the equipment which will be going in!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

I also deaded my trunk and installed a false floor! take a look

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

In this build I will be using 4 fans to help keep the sub amps cool as they will be hidden under the sub box, as I have taken out the spare tire and the thing holding the spare tire in the well.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

other then that my last build was 144db's on 1-saz2000 this new build will be double the power and double the cone area! and maybe i will upgrade to a pair of saz2500 but we will see on that as nothing is set in stone.

Tomorrow (Monday may 10th) I hope to have the box finalized as in all pieces cut and nearly 100% done and sub holes will be cut out some time this week also.

I have also started my new job on Monday and I will be working 10-11/day so this build could be a while in the making lol!

keep in mind this is about 1-2days worth of work I don't work very fast i take my time and do it right and enjoy some beers! also any idea will be cool and anything you want to ask go for it! Other then that this build is completely done using birch 3/4! it is very very nice stuff to use and very easy to work with!

Cheer's

Kenneth

(time for Chinese, msg pumped food)

looks good so far.... are those nightshade 12's????

no sir those are 2-15inch NS v1's! lol

if i ever get around to another build it will be 12inch something subs though lol!

and thank you!

Looking good so far. :)

Always wanted a Grand Am in maroon.

Looks like you're going to have a very nice system here! :captain::fing34:

popcorn.gif Looking good! Keep the pics coming!

Nice build !

I like your false floor.

I would love to hide my amps like that, but it's so hot here ! 30 degrees C all year long

I can't drive without spare tire. You're lucky to have good roads!

aww shit.. dont let my chick see this topic or ill be putting my shades in her car its a grand am aswell.. she already poped two E8's

i wanna see this box fit!

thanks everyone for the nice replies and encouraging words!

as for the box it is nearly done all i need is to cut the port holes and the sub cutouts now which i will be doing tomorrow after work!

I will post some pics of the box once i get these needed pieces done! then i will carpet it all up and go from there!

and yes fitting this box in my car will involve me taking the door off and o ya so much fun!! lol! i will also post pics of that!

I plan to have the box in the car by Wednesday or Thursday (knock on wood)

thanks a lot again and pics will follow tomorrow!

ey sorry guys no update i worked late and just got in now and it has been raining none stop today! so basically i am not very motivated today lol!

sorry guys update will follow tomorrow (fingered cross on the weather)

well a little more progress today! i got nearly the whole sub box all done all i have to do now is cut my sub and port holes. also so everyone knows i lost a good close tool today.. my poor 20year old jig saw... tear... here is is RIP

IMG_0099.jpg

now i also got around to laying out my sub woofer! onto the piece of wood! check it out! and yes the one is a little bit rusty and will need some fixing up!

IMG_0090.jpg

onto the box please note the i will not be installing the front baffle UNTIL i get the box into my car as i know this will be nearly impossible to put into my car as it is now! so i will try to give my self a better chances at best! I am currently waiting on my JIG (or jasper as some ppl call them) to cut out my sub and port holes and that is due (finger yet again crossed) on friday! lol.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

and incase you are wondering I did cut back the front baffle as a piece to the right was left on!

other then that tomrrow (thursday) I hope to pull out my seats and amp (sax100.4) again and getting ready to toss the box in friday or saturday depending on when i get my jig/ jasper in. in the mean time I need some help on my front stage here is a pic of my door pannel

IMG_0100.jpg

this above section can actually come right out and those dimensions at max are about 19-20 by 13 tall

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

so any ideas would be good..

i am thinking about just taking that section out and building up MDF some how then mounting my speakers that way. as it stands i only have about 2.5inch of room of depth to mount with and if i build it out some i could get a bunch more in that area. I will be thinking about what to do with this area of the car. and yes before you ask I already have another pair of component speakers ready to pop into the front stage. as of right now i am waiting for a good idea!

but let me know what you guys thing and we can go from there

So I decided to finalize my amp rack, which is been placed in my spare tire well. and I thought i would take a picture and show you guys what it all looks like!

please note everything is screwed down and the fans are Velcro-ed down maybe tomorrow after work i will pop it in the tire well and mount it all and go from there!

let me know what you guys thing

IMG_0103.jpg

Lookin good, keep the pictures commin, my friend with a grand prix is wanting something nice done and i know nothing about trunk cars, this helps me :)

No dont stop, keep on working :neil:

i thought the trunk in a grand prix was bigger compared to mine!! lol!!

as for pics will do!! i am glad you guys enjoy them!

actually right now i am kind a in a stand still till i get my jasper so i will be able to cut out my sub and port holes! once i get those i am home free to put the box in!

and the jasper will be at my place on Monday!! so common monday! i am nearly done!

also i need some input from anyone and everyone!

Carpet or No carpet on the sub box?

Carpet the box if you have the carpet and dont mind putting the work into it, if you dont care then just leave it as is.

maybe i will see what it cost to carpet the whole box and go from there! i will need at least 36x100

i am not worried about carpet my dad used to lay carpet so i have all kinds of cool tools to use which makes putting carpet on that much easier!

So i feel an update is in order now!

I gave my door panels to a buddy to do some fiber glassing for me! the idea is to get 2 sets of components in the front doors! (8 speakers total) and those will be done whenever and some of you may know him as Mike or Jalat over on CCA

I also finished cutting out my cuts aka the sub and port holes! i ALSO give the box a test fit!

so here you go enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

as you can see it ALMOST fits in with the rear seats STILL there! lol!

IMG_0107.jpg

as can been seen once the rear seats are out i should be okay to get this in! I will have to flip it down!! and while it is up i will try to put the subs in!! i better get ripped in a hurry lol!

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

here is a pic of the box without the front on sure i screwed up on my hole location but meh it works out!

IMG_0110.jpg

and another view of the box!

IMG_0111.jpg

so i did a few more things today! take a look let me know what you guys thing and what i can improve on! i know it looks mess and yes there is a ton of extra wire but that allows me to be able to pull the false floor out and not worry about my wiring!

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

and yes i also had time to finish a few other bottles! (the green ones in particular)

IMG_0116.jpg

well today was met with epic failure!!

Me and Derek and his brother tried to get the above box into my car..and to sum it all up NO GO!!

SOB POS! I hate my like!

turns out the fist 1/2 of the box slides in like a peach then toward the rear of the car the whole thing slopes down on us... stupid grand am right up ticked me off for all the 2hours!

to remedy this issue i am going to switch the bottom piece of 3/4 to 1/2 birch and see what that does for me if anything!if that doesn't go i will have to try to switch the top half of the box also!

all and all this will be one hell of an accomplishment after it is all in!!

wish me luck tomorrow guys!

i like it! looks sexy!! nice work! and it almst looks like you used the jasper to get those nice cut outs!!