CrazyKenKid

95 Grand Am build

so i am going to use 1/2 on the bottom piece rather then 3/4 and i will now have to switch my 2-6inch ports for 1-10inch port! o joy! i can't wait!

so a new update is in order!

I replaced my bottom board with 1/2 (used to be 3/4) and the box slid right in!! who!

but now i have to make a 10inch port...out of a sono-tube, and this i will need some help doing so if anyone has experience iwth these please help me out or reference me to a site!

thanks everyone!

so mike has gotten me some more nice pics!!

100_1125.jpg

100_1126.jpg

100_1127.jpg

i will take some pics tomorrow with the box and subs in there!

then come this weekend i HOPE to have the port and foam all done lol!!

other then that the only thing i have on the go is my door pannels and a place to put the sax100.4..... i hope i can find somewhere to stash it!!

Pics of the box in the car or I say ... bsflag.gif

J/K man tongue.gif ... Congrats on the box fitting and the doors are turning out great.

well today was a success kind a lol!!

bad news first the false floor gave me all kinds of issues and wasn't very flexible at all. long story short the false floor was holding me up big time!!

the fans and wiring had to be moved back to the very rear of the trunk as the box had to slide in a bit more then i planned i guess i didn't take into account my stupid angle of my back seat! lol!

now the good news i cut the false floor down and screwed it to the bottom of the box that way i still get the same effect of a false floor... i hope!! ;)

the 11.5inch sono tube i picked up was to big lol opps! time to rethink that one!

o ya and i got the box into the car!!! YA

but my trunk wouldn't close due to the automatic trunk release being in the way so i had to move it!

at any rate here are some pics boo and or congratulate me either or enjoy!!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

So i got back from my Vacation out in Calgary Alberta this week! and I also got my door panels back from Mike! (Jalat) and he did a great job! to see them in person is awesome!!

at any rate enjoy the pics and let me know what you guys think of them!

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

The door panels are a beautiful thing.trink40.gif

Hows the box/trunk coming along?

Door panels do look good, after changing the box I bet it is still a real tight fit

hey guys thanks for the feedback on the doors!

today i finished running all my wire needed for the door panels and i even finished my front port!

now all that is left to do is install the panels, put the front baffle on (after fiber glassing it) put the batteries back in and prey it all works and sounds good!

this build should be done pretty soon guys so keep posted and again thanks again for the support!

Did you use regular sub box carpet?

BTW nice build.... :popcorn:

Did you use regular sub box carpet?

BTW nice build.... :popcorn:

On the door panels? Ya.

It's a pain to stretch but it turned out well

well i thought i would let everyone know what is going on now! lol!

so my install is 100% complete and let me tell you the car sounds awesome and it pounds! although it is about 2-3db louder with double the cone and power! which is cool with me.

so now here is what is up i have both of my amps sold so they will be coming out and being replaced with 2-saz2500!! lol i can't wait! so with the new amps they will be 5krms at 2ohm!

as for right now everything works 100% and i can't complain other then i don't think grand am's are built for db's.... lol they are crap to work on and a pain to get loud! as my other buddy is learning now as he is trying 6k and numerous box setup designs and still they aren't working out to be that much louder! he also doesn't work 65-70hours a week as i do! which is why this damn build is taking so darn long lol

at any rate is done and i like it that is about all i can say! future upgrades will be 16volts, better car... and all those other fancy things!

so here are the final pics as of right now!

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

congratulations !

Your doors are really cool !!! (only) After the first pics I started to love them.

A lot of people would love to do such mods, but very few know how to !

thanks man!

a little update my SAZ2500 arrive on Tuesday (today) and i will be installing them this Saturday!! woot woot i can't wait!!!!!

and a buddy of mine just purchased a TL so i will be getting metered to see what i can pull off at 5k lol

Good luck on TL numbers buddy :drink40:

looks like i gotta cross the bridge real soon ken! i need to hear that!!!

update time!!

so here is what i have found out!

A) grand-ams and db's don't mix well

B) my peak is at about 41-42hz

C) I was able to get a 146.98 on a burp (i didn't break 147 but i came really close), not what i was hoping for

D) my gains still aren't set a 100% correctly (i will figure it out one time ;0 )

E) my box flexes like a mother

F) time for a new box! (6th order will be the next one to go in)

weird... i thought for sure you would be louder then my towncar.

that is why i am disappointed lol! i blame it on my box! o well better to find out now then at a show i guess!

o yeah .. and box has ALOT to do with a score too.. i changed boxs to 45's and 1.5 inch think and gained tons.

was a run build im sure.. i have a 99 grand am that the little lady drive and its a small trunk and a i piece no fold back seat .. but i picked up a 2000 to flip.. and it has a huge trunk! and a 60/40 split tripped me out.. same body style 1 year chance and such a huge trunk.