blackga

3000 rms to much for death rows???

i will be picking up a sundown 3k or rockford t2500-1 bd. i was wondering if that will be to much for the death rows? or should i go with dp's ??

i will be picking up a sundown 3k or rockford t2500-1 bd. i was wondering if that will be to much for the death rows? or should i go with dp's ??

I would go for the Death Penalty

Edit: for a pair, or for a single woofer?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

they both would work but 3000k would be over kill on death rows, with a question like that you probably would mess the death rows up with too much gain so just go with the DP's. im assuming it's in your price range considering thats there are an option.

Either would work fine as long as your careful with the gains. Clipping is one of the worst enemies for a subwoofer along with us humans ... tongue.gif

No such thing as underpowering a subwoofer. With that kind of power I would step up to the DP's!

Either would work fine as long as your careful with the gains. Clipping is one of the worst enemies for a subwoofer along with us humans ... tongue.gif

x2.. proper level matching.. :popcorn:

If you are asking the question then most likely you will kill your woofers with the power. It isn't the amount but how it gets used.

If you are asking the question then most likely you will kill your woofers with the power. It isn't the amount but how it gets used.

well i havent killed anything yet to date so i must be doing something right, i just would like to know how it will do with daily abuse and how many people have ran them deathrows at 3000 rms daily.

Don't do the death rows, I had a nine.1 at 1 ohm on 14.4 volts gains set way low on my dr 21" and it got hot!

well i havent killed anything yet to date so i must be doing something right, i just would like to know how it will do with daily abuse and how many people have ran them deathrows at 3000 rms daily.

I can repeat myself from above. If you are asking the question with such blanket suggestions you obviously have no idea what is "right". Power isn't what kills woofers, but how you apply the power. Your question is idiotic. You obviously do not realize that if you go from 3000wrms to 2000wrms your ears WON'T notice the difference. If you aren't competing and chasing tenths asking what power is pointless. Even if you are asking what power without consideration of frequency AND enclosure is also pointless. Way too many other ways to kill a woofer.